Goodbye Jesus

Serpent Seed

Foxy Methoxy

This is an interesting take on the "original sin." Essentially, "the serpent" is believed by some to be a politely worded metaphor for another man jumping in with Adam and Eve. It is true that after they committed the original sin, Adam and Eve covered their genitals, symbolic of sexual guilt. Essentially, Eve was created for Adam. They were meant to be a couple and rather than live as a couple, they had a ménage à trois which was against how God created them.

Whether or not you believe this stuff, it makes a lot more sense as to what their sin really was than literally eating an apple off a sacred tree.

Wikipedia Entry on Serpent Seed

Where the hell did this other guy come from?

• Super Moderator

Where did the wives for the boys come from? You just make it up!

You're not very good at this religion stuff, are you?

The ménage à trois was with a woman. The serpent's been pictured as female or Adam's first wife Lilith. Check out the hooters on the snake at the wikipedia link you gave.

Woo hoo!

There were stories of Eden from other books that were not included in the Bible that had other people in Eden. In those stories it is suggested Adam and Eve were not the first humans. Rather, they were the first humans created in God's image created to evolve humans from savages to demi-gods. However, the experiment failed and Adam, Eve and their offspring ended up being more like the savages than like God. In fact, if you include those apocryphal works, Eve was Adam's 2nd wife. His first, Lilith, left him after an argument over who gets to be on top during sex and later married Samael (the angel of death).

I always thought the "snake" was Adam's hoo hoo.

The ménage à trois was with a woman. The serpent's been pictured as female or Adam's first wife Lilith. Check out the hooters on the snake at the wikipedia link you gave.

Woo hoo!

I noticed that. I guess the artist was more comfortable with Eve being bi than Adam.

Where did the wives for the boys come from? You just make it up!

You're not very good at this religion stuff, are you?

:lol:

Wait, I thought it was: You make it up and then tell everyone else they're wrong.