Goodbye Jesus

Tell The Truth

gypsy79

I woke up in my buddy's backyard. The first thing I saw was his rottweiler licking up somebody's puke. I was sleeping on an army cot, and this other dude was sleeping in a hammock. He kept puking over the side of the hammock, like a Jimmy Buffet song gone wrong. So we sat around on the front yard couch reading the New York Times. Well, somebody in the house went to Mass, probably after she got done with her morning fornication. Just another Sunday morning in Las Vegas; for locals, I should say.

LOL, Vomit Comet. Your Sunday mornings sound suspiciously like mine and my husband's even though we live in the Bible Belt. So, now I know I am going to HAY-ULL.

I actually did go this morning. I grew up in an atheist/agnostic household, so I never went to church. I sort of feel at a disadvantage sometimes with such a high influence of Christianity within societal culture, and I know very little about it from a personal experiance...so I'm going to learn for the sake of learning. I picked a Methodist church today.

When I move out and am not dragged to "my" church every Sunday by my parents; for a few months to a year or so I want to go to every religion's church (that will let me in, that is), just ofr the sake of learning and making sure I'm not missing anything crucial.

For now, its out the door every sunday at 7:45. *Sigh* I tolerate/kind of like the singing. And I take good notes during the sermons. ....though they get a bit sarcastic at times.