Goodbye Jesus

Thank God I'm Outta There!

BeckyJ

Hi,

I'm Becky and I just stopped going to church last year. For a few months I was totally confused and upset, but its like the clouds parted and pretty soon I was looking back at all the silliness I had been a part of! And it makes me sick to my stomach that I was a part of it, especially now that I know what the Bible really says.

My ministers kept trying to bring me back to them. They encouraged me to ask questions, even when they couldn't answer any of them. I was like, "why is it a good thing, that you who have studied the Bible for years, cannot answer the simplest question?"

The younger ministers were more open and honest with me, and even expressed their own doubts about things in the Bible, but yet they still wanted me to focus on Jesus.

So now I'm a crazy atheist girl! That means I can smoke crack! Or cuss all the $)%(#%@! time! Or chop people into little pieces for fun! Or slip into bed with every guy in school! Wait.....I still have to be a good person? Darnit!

Becky

So now I'm a crazy atheist girl! That means I can smoke crack! Or cuss all the $)%(#%@! time! Or chop people into little pieces for fun! Or slip into bed with every guy in school! Wait.....I still have to be a good person? Darnit!

Becky

LOL. I like your sense of humor. Welcome, Becky!

Guest Net Eng

Welcome to ExC BeckyJ!!!

Glad you found us.

Yup, as soon as you turn away from gawd your morals go straight down the tube... yeah right...

Welcome to the forums, Becky.

The swearing thing is pretty liberating, though.

Someone once said that swear words are christianity's greatest contribution to humanity. :)

Welcome! Good luck on your journey! :woohoo:

Wait.....I still have to be a good person? Darnit!

Becky

Yes. Despite what the fundies and other devout christians might say, those who had morals before de-converting still have them. Those who didn't, still won't have them. This is speaking in general terms. At least now you have more freedom to grow and change.

Welcome to the ExC.NET community!

Welcome to the forums. :68:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dragonfly310
Hi,

I'm Becky and I just stopped going to church last year. For a few months I was totally confused and upset, but its like the clouds parted and pretty soon I was looking back at all the silliness I had been a part of! And it makes me sick to my stomach that I was a part of it, especially now that I know what the Bible really says.

My ministers kept trying to bring me back to them. They encouraged me to ask questions, even when they couldn't answer any of them. I was like, "why is it a good thing, that you who have studied the Bible for years, cannot answer the simplest question?"

The younger ministers were more open and honest with me, and even expressed their own doubts about things in the Bible, but yet they still wanted me to focus on Jesus.

Becky

Are you my long lost sister? *chuckling* This sounds like something I'd say...

Hi,

Becky

Probably not, but I'd really like one! *grins* Growing up with brothers is hard.

LOl welcome Becky.

Someone once said that swear words are christianity's greatest contribution to humanity. That would make a GREAT bumper sticker!

I'm really disappointed with my wasting my new found freedom to be a deviant! I figured by now I would be whipping up magic potions or something. Plus, it seems like the Christian guys on campus are cuter than the nonChristian guys...from what I've seen! *slaps her forehead* No one told me about this!

Guest dragonfly310
Hi,

Becky

Probably not, but I'd really like one! *grins* Growing up with brothers is hard.

LOL I'm an only child, so growing up was lonely for me.

Welcome! Glad to hear you're not thinking about chopping anyone into little bits right now... :grin:

I like your sense of humour, keep it up!

Welcome Becky. Great sense of humor. I look forward to your contributions around here.

Feel free to share your potions and spells. Be sure to put them in the "Heathen Swine" forum