Goodbye Jesus

On Your Own?

LastKing

Do you follow your new path with out others? What I mean is have been following what you do with out a groupe of people or even another like minded person living anyware near you? If so are you still aprat of that that path, if yes, why and whats it's like? If no, again why?

I'm a solitary (and infrequent) practitioner of mindfulness meditation. Other family members join in when I raise a glass of mead to honour the Æsir and Vanir. But I do hang out with other Humanists, at least once every couple of months.

I have been following my path of Norse Paganism on my own. There aren't really many groups of Pagans in my area, at least that I know of. I view it as a more personal matter anyways. I'm happy with it, though. I can always find a Kindred later when I move out on my own, if I ever wished to, but things have been going well, with what I can do whilst still living in a Christian household.

Living in the "bible belt" of Ontario Canada isn't as bad as the bible belt of the USA... but still.

Close circle of friends with similar even if not exact views..

Other than that just go about my life making life difficult for the X-ians around me whenever I can..

Which unfortunately makes life miserable for me too, but.. What can you do?

• 3 weeks later...

When I deconverted at first I was on my own and it sucked! I found a group called the Fellowship of Reason and it helped immensely to have other like-minded people to talk to. I missed the socializing part of church, but couldn't bring myself to go and listen to all the supernatural nonsense, guilt-tripping and "amen"-ing that goes on there. Not to mention I would have felt pretty hypocritical attending a church when I'm not even a believer! Fellowship of Reason filled that gap for me and provides me with much more intellectually stimulating material than church ever did!