Goodbye Jesus

10 Reasons To Reject Religion

ShallowByThyGame

I just skimmed this so far, but my impression is one of a hateful religion is of the devil screed rather than anything useful.

I'll try to point some things out later.

I wouldn't call it hateful so much as unapologetically anti-theist. Which strikes me as ironic, considering the author seems all hunky dory with "spirituality," which I see in essentially the same useless light as (s)he does organized religion.

It strikes me as very one-sided. I object to lumping all religions together as if there were no differences.

I thought it was brilliant, thanks for sharing.

It did seem to be mainly based off of Catholic/Protestant religions and I hesitate also to include Buddhism aside those. While I personally see no need or reason to believe in any sort of spirituality, I see those religion as un-harmful and take a "if it works for you" approach to those.

I thought it was brilliant, thanks for sharing.

It did seem to be mainly based off of Catholic/Protestant religions and I hesitate also to include Buddhism aside those. While I personally see no need or reason to believe in any sort of spirituality, I see those religion as un-harmful and take a "if it works for you" approach to those.

I also thought it was a good article that made a lot of sense.

The article was or the most part, correct on its points. But I think it could have been written a lot better. It came across as a bit pretentious and snarky at times, which may prevent it from reaching the people it needs to reach. It would have been a whole lot better if he/she were to drop the stealth-insults and instead replace them with evidence - which is what the article is really missing. Sources need to be cited. Since there are basically no references, the average layman reading this will likely only be able to understand about half of it ( at best ) and will see it as just another over-the-top opinion.

Damn good article!

Agreed with every bit of it. Very empowering and honest look at how religion works.

Yes, he could have been more specific on some points, but for anyone with any kind of background knowledge on the subject he just nails it!

BTW, I've been to his website before it seems. He has a lot of helpful info on there.

I enjoyed reading it, but it would not change the mind of the theist. It was written for those out of the fold.

My favorite snarky comment...

Once you finally realize your head has been filled with utter nonsense, you must then purge such garbage from your mind if you want your brain to be functional again. That can take considerably longer, assuming you succeed at all. It’s like trying to uninstall AOL from your hard drive.
:lmao: So True, So True.

Yeah, I liked it.

I've been reading through many of his articles- he has a lot of great ideas.