Goodbye Jesus

The Torah Is 500 Years Younger Than Thought

par4dcourse

Good bible/science site. Forgive me if this has been offered up before, but I ran across this site and it's interesting as hell (pun intended).

Guest Net Eng
Good bible/science site. Forgive me if this has been offered up before, but I ran across this site and it's interesting as hell (pun intended).

The section near the bottom about Why Evolution and Creationism are both wrong was interesting as well.

Every 1 to 2 million years, the magnetic field of the earth reverses the north and south magnetic poles. The earth itself does not reverse - just the magnetic field. During the reversal process, the earth's magnetic field, which usually acts as a shield protecting lifeforms from intense solar X-rays, gamma rays, and deadly dangerous ionizing particle radiation, suddenly disappears. The deadly intense solar radiation is momentarily allowed to strike the surface of the earth.

Within hours, about 99 percent of all life on earth is instantly killed by the intense radiation. Those few 1 percent of survivors, hidden in caves, in holes in the earth, or under water are highly deformed, damaged and mutated by the intense radiation causing direct damage to the DNA molecules in their reproductive cells. But the radiation damage is not visible in those survivors, but it is clearly seen in their direct offspring.

Within months or a year, or less than one generation, the surviving mutants which may or may not still be viable, may be able to reproduce. This results in multitudes of numerous competing similar but highly modified mutant lifeforms. Then and only then, does Darwin's evolution process of "natural selection," enter the scene, to cull the less able or disabled mutant forms to be lost to history, while the strong survivors with many new adaptable traits become numerous new species. The new species were suddenly "created" by the intense radiation within one generation.

• Super Moderator

We're MUTANTS!!!!!!!!!!! Fucking MUTANTS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Explains a lot, though.

Guest Net Eng
We're MUTANTS!!!!!!!!!!! Fucking MUTANTS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Explains a lot, though.

Since Florida gets more direct sunshine does that make you more of a mutant than us northerners ?? :tongue:

No intermediate lifeforms. :rolleyes: I guess religious leaders aren't the only ones who will make that claim to gain followers. How can anyone still buy into that crap after it has been disproven so many times? :49:

Some of those other claims are interesting enough to look up, though. :P

Every 1 to 2 million years, the magnetic field of the earth reverses the north and south magnetic poles. The earth itself does not reverse - just the magnetic field. During the reversal process, the earth's magnetic field, which usually acts as a shield protecting lifeforms from intense solar X-rays, gamma rays, and deadly dangerous ionizing particle radiation, suddenly disappears. The deadly intense solar radiation is momentarily allowed to strike the surface of the earth.

Geomagnetic reversal

Changing frequency of geomagnetic reversals over time

The rate of reversals in the Earth's magnetic field has varied widely over time. 72 million years ago (Ma), the field reversed 5 times in a million years. In a 4-million-year period centered on 54 Ma, there were 10 reversals; at around 42 Ma, 17 reversals took place in the span of 3 million years. In a period of 3 million years centering on 24 Ma, 13 reversals occurred. No fewer than 51 reversals occurred in a 12-million-year period, centering on 15 million years ago. These eras of frequent reversals have been counterbalanced by a few "superchrons" – long periods when no reversals took place.[4]

It had generally been assumed that the frequency of geomagnetic reversals is random, and it was shown in 2006 that the known reversals conform to a Lévy distribution.

[...]

Some speculate that a greatly diminished magnetic field during a reversal period will expose the surface of the earth to a substantial and potentially damaging increase in cosmic radiation. However, Homo erectus and their ancestors certainly survived many previous reversals. There is no uncontested evidence that a magnetic field reversal has ever caused any biological extinctions.

Strange. The new agey website is wrong.

mwc

• Super Moderator
Some speculate that a greatly diminished magnetic field during a reversal period will expose the surface of the earth to a substantial and potentially damaging increase in cosmic radiation. However, Homo erectus and their ancestors certainly survived many previous reversals. There is no uncontested evidence that a magnetic field reversal has ever caused any biological extinctions.

Yeah, I know, but it's more fun thinking I evolved from a mutant life form. Visit Florida and see for yourself if the mutant theory doesn't have some credence.

Yeah, I know, but it's more fun thinking I evolved from a mutant life form. Visit Florida and see for yourself if the mutant theory doesn't have some credence.

The last time I was in Florida I saw these giant rodents infesting a castle. You may have a point. Though I've seen the same thing out here in CA. :scratch:

mwc

lol I have only skimmed it, but one would be surprised concerning the astro/solar theology in the Bible as well as the parallel texts. Solstice means "sun stands still", so Joshua is actually a cultural version of the astrotheological story. IMO it is animism to anthropomorphism- the evolution of religion and human thought. But I'll shut up. I generally get myself into trouble when I point these things out to others.

• Super Moderator
I generally get myself into trouble when I point these things out to others.

I don't think you'll get into trouble here. Some may want further explanation, offer alternative theories, or want evidence for ideas you espouse. But you definitely would have trouble with a fundy, talking like that!

mwc

who woulda thunk it?

To the OP, there are much better sources out there for debunking the age of biblical texts, and they don't involve spurious claims about the earth's magnetic field.

mwc

who woulda thunk it?

To the OP, there are much better sources out there for debunking the age of biblical texts, and they don't involve spurious claims about the earth's magnetic field.

I know. I said it was interesting, not true. Sarcasm is hard to convey in print.

I know. I said it was interesting, not true. Sarcasm is hard to convey in print.

I was being sarcastic too. Maybe we're all just always being sarcastic?

Oh no. Are we all really just sarcastic Christians? <sarcasm>No, really, I don't believe in Jesus :rolleyes: </sarcasm>

mwc

I generally get myself into trouble when I point these things out to others.

I don't think you'll get into trouble here. Some may want further explanation, offer alternative theories, or want evidence for ideas you espouse. But you definitely would have trouble with a fundy, talking like that!

I would hope I would not have trouble here, but I had it happen on Un-RRS board before. However, you are most certainly correct about the Fundies.