Goodbye Jesus

Demons

Vomit Comet

Another thing was to announce that they were 'covering' someone with the blood of Jesus,

This symbolism is so twisted.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vomit Comet

• sarahgrace

• Skeptic

• Fuego

Man I'm glad to be away from all that shit!

My pastor had me convinced that all of my marital problems were because my husband was filled with demons! The twisted part though, was that he said it was my duty as the wife to pray (and pray, and pray, and denounce the devil, and pray) and lay hands on my husband while I prayed silently (so the demon wouldn't get mad! :scratch: ).......and then the pastor said that unless my husband denounced the demons in himself, all of my praying didn't do any good!!!! WTF!!! My marriage almost ended because of this shit.

Medication (the right ones) finally helped my husband, along with me not listening to that jack-ass pastor anymore. He told both myself and my husband seperately that our problems were the other one's fault, totally played us against each other for years!

I have definitely noticed a big difference in my marriage since deconverting. No more fights over what we should and shouldn't do according to those "good xtian morals"!

He told both myself and my husband seperately that our problems were the other one's fault, totally played us against each other for years!

That is horrible!

I have definitely noticed a big difference in my marriage since deconverting. No more fights over what we should and shouldn't do according to those "good xtian morals"!

Good for you!

I'm glad your marriage is doing better now, and you're free of all that craziness.

He told both myself and my husband seperately that our problems were the other one's fault, totally played us against each other for years!

That is horrible!

Good for you!

I'm glad your marriage is doing better now, and you're free of all that craziness.

Thanks. I'm glad too. Now instead of feeling guilty about our "demons", we just help each other deal with them (I'm OCD and have control issues, he's slightly bi-polar with anxiety) Makes life very interesting! :grin:

Thanks. I'm glad too. Now instead of feeling guilty about our "demons", we just help each other deal with them (I'm OCD and have control issues, he's slightly bi-polar with anxiety) Makes life very interesting! :grin:

That really sounds so much healthier!

(I understand the "interesting" part, too. :) )

I also did have a sleep paralysis experience towards the end, where I woke paralysed and could feel something pressing down on me. It was like it was pretending to be God but I could feel that really it was something evil. I managed to say "Jesus, Jesus" and it whooshed away off me and I woke up to a normal state. I told people at church about it and was ticked off that they didn't seem bothered or excited about it. They were probably thinking, what a nutter! But I wish they'd actually said something to me about it.

And here ends the story of demons and me.

Some nights it would feel like was being thrown around the room. I couldn't have literally been thrown around because the room would've been wrecked but it sure seemed real. Often I would have that paralysis experience as well. Fucking terrifying. I was living in a private hell that no one understood, all because of paranoid superstition passed on to me by Christian television. When I went to get help at churches, it never entered their mind that I was just a lonely kid that needed sound advice and counseling. No I had demons that needed to be cast out through my eyeballs.

It got so scary that I had to try to ignore any talk or thoughts having to do with demons because I was getting tired of the terrible fear every night. I couldn't handle it anymore. Surprisingly, after blocking it out of my mind for awhile it actually started to go away. You have to be actively believing in demons to experience them.

What gets me is this is the United States, not Africa or Haiti where you'd expect people to believe in demons. We're not intelligent or civilized, this is a country of fucking retards that spread ignorant religious poison.

Re: Sleep Paralysis

I have heard just giving in to it and falling back asleep works, so I have tried that a couple of times and it seemed to be okay, but the problem is that my natural instinct is to fight it and try as hard as I possibly can to wake up...because I know if I wake up fully the hallucinations will disappear and I'll be able to move again. It's scary to willingly allow yourself to go back to sleep while you are paralyzed.

I used to suffer from this quite a bit when I was younger. This usually happened when I woke up in the morning and then went back to sleep again. I can remeber fighting really hard to wake up properly and getting rather panicky. I eventually found that the way to deal with it was just to relax and go back to sleep. Fortunately I never had any experiences of evil entities while in this state - but have had dreams about them - invisble ones anyway.

I don't suffer from this anymore most likely because I have to get up and go to work! No chance to go back to sleep again

• 1 month later...

I was one of the handful of nuts in my church. Dad believed heavily in that shit, which I have since come to realize was probably the confabulations of his drug-saturated mind. Yep, he was one of those 'I got clean' types who only converted because he feared hell. (And thought he was hearing demons, which was probably the acid or who only knows what else talking. He'd had pretty much every drug under the sun.)

My church was mainline Protestant with Lutheran origins, but the people I associated with most often were heavily into deliverance and whatnot... yyyyeah. Damn Potter's House whackjobs.

I have a brother who's heavy into demon fighting. Just to piss him off, I like to call him "my Zoroastrian brother." I like to remind him that the extreme dualistic world-view we find in the NT (God vs. satan, angels vs. demons, heaven and hell, apocalyptic eschatology, light vs. dark, the resurrection of the dead and the last Judgement - ALL of these things are a part of Christianity only because they were borrowed by the Jews from Zoroastrianism during the intertestamental period. These ideas did NOT originate in the OT, but were grafted into the Jewish belief system from an external religion - Zoroastrianism. I like to remind my brother that Christianity has Zoroaster to thank for it's beliefs every bit as much as Jesus. He doesn't like to hear that. :)

I was one of the handful of nuts in my church. Dad believed heavily in that shit, which I have since come to realize was probably the confabulations of his drug-saturated mind. Yep, he was one of those 'I got clean' types who only converted because he feared hell. (And thought he was hearing demons, which was probably the acid or who only knows what else talking. He'd had pretty much every drug under the sun.)

My church was mainline Protestant with Lutheran origins, but the people I associated with most often were heavily into deliverance and whatnot... yyyyeah. Damn Potter's House whackjobs.

Yup Potter's house are the whackjobs. Even in my crazy holy rolling pentecostal whatever, we looked at Potter's house in fear and awe.

It's interesting that only in the last decade of my belief did I hear that demons feared believers. It made sense once I heard it, and that any perceived attacks form them were just "propaganda" to get us to doubt and fear. After all, if the almighty himself lived within us, we were akin to walking Arks of the Covenant. That helped quell my fear of demons that had first drawn me into the faith. I had several dreams towards the end where they'd get me and I'd just relax and worship Jesus in my mind and I could feel them let go. Eventually the dreams stopped entirely.

In retrospect, I don't think my fear could see a way around that defense. Before I was always trying to rebuke them and my mouth wouldn't work properly (in the dreams). So the whole concept of trusting and worshiping was something I could do, expecting god to do his part, rather than trying to speak some kind of counter-magic.

Now that I'm out, I haven't had any such dreams. They have threatened a couple of times, but I just don't buy it anymore at a deep level.