Goodbye Jesus

Out With Windmills – In With Nuclear

nivek

PaulQ,

If I may ask, how many Nuke Plants have you worked in, been part of build crew for, or been oversight in any form of?

Current or former "Son of Rickover", holder of the gold dolphins?

Right interested to know before I cock the barrels..

kFuckin'L

....because the government takes such wonderful care of infrastructure? Ever hear of bridge collapes, ancient sewage systems, roads filled with potholes. Yeah, just what I want, more government incompetance and black hole funding.

Problems that tend to occur when government is run like a "Business" and operates in a non-transparent manner, outsourcing to either the lowest bidder, or a relative of whomever is in power.

If I may ask, how many Nuke Plants have you worked in, been part of build crew for, or been oversight in any form of?

Current or former "Son of Rickover", holder of the gold dolphins?

I don't understand what you're talking about.

I do know that we once enjoyed many decades of inexpensive, reliable electricity under Ontario Hydro; once it was privatized, reliability went down and cost went up, even as we conserve more. I'm not saying nuclear power is inherently bad; it's just a bad mix with private corporations. If a plane falls out of the sky, the people on board die; possibly whomever they crash on. Not good, but relatively localized. The potential danger of a nuclear power plant is much more widespread, as has been demonstrated in Chernobyl and Long Island. I understand that modern nuclear power plants are supposed to be "Fail-safe;" but then again, so are modern aircraft. Yet, planes still occasionally do fall out of the sky when they should not.

I live in a city near two nuclear reactor sites, and we have a nuclear disaster evacuation plan, which exists within a huge radius from the nuclear power plants. The fact that this exists demonstrates to me that these heavy water reactors aren't as 100% fail-safe as we've been led to believe. I have as much faith in the nuclear disaster plan working as I do in god. I plan on moving outside of the radius as soon as I'm able to.