Goodbye Jesus

Very Happy 18 Months After Leaving The Church

ogilvy

I haven't posted for a few months, but that's because I'm so well settled into my ex christianity that I came to FORGET all about it. ie. it wasn't making me continually upset any more. It hasn't been on my mind at all. That must be good, right?

Strangely, even though the security my Christian beliefs gave me, for this life and the next, was what I thought I would miss most, I feel more secure without it these days. I don't know how that's happened. I dont have any reason to feel secure, rationally, but somehow I do, and I feel content. Its good also to be able to enjoy simple and harmless things that would have, in the old Christian days, have been considered not really right, because not 'godly' in purpose. Aaah, so much is pleasant and enjoyable these days. And like someone else mentioned, its quite fun to be able to swear. I like it!

pippa

Keeping this site online isn't free, so we need your support! Make a one-time donation or choose one of the recurrent patron options by clicking here.

Good for you, Pippa! I'm finding that not having to worry about pissing off an imaginary deity is a wonderful feeling. :grin: Keep enjoying life1

Testimony like yours is a joy to read, Pippa.

It's important to memorialize the absence of upset, confusion and insecurity.

pippa,

That is great news to hear!

First, I think people should, at some point, define themsevles by what they are now, not just what they once were. It sounds like you are making progress along that path.

I think that not having an afterlife to lose is a great thing. You never have to wonder if you un-knowingly did something to displease an unknowable deity. Was there some little hell-worthy act of commission or omission I somehow missed? It's great to get rid of imaginary burdens! Makes the real ones eaier to deal with. Even if you are an 'etenally secure' christian, there is always the nagging doubt that you , in fact , are a 'true' believer with the right kind of faith. Or, one can wonder if they are one of calvin's pre-destined damned who just THINKS they are bound for heaven. Shudder!

Your post is an encouragement to ex-christians like me who are only 4 months down that road.

Thanks for sharing!