Goodbye Jesus

What Are You Doing On Sunday?

Amethyst

still getting drug to church easier to go along to get along with my wife's parents. I keep hoping my MIL will die soon but I could get that lucky. On the up side with baseball season starting my oldest has practice at noon so sorry got to go he's got practice. so I asked my teenage son who I suspected didn’t believe either. if he believed he replied no I'm so bored Dad I have trouble staying awaking. I could believe Greek and roman mythology as true before this. Kids already smarter than me it took till my forty's to realize what a giant crock church is

Note: All Regularly Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.

still getting drug to church easier to go along to get along with my wife's parents. I keep hoping my MIL will die soon but I could get that lucky. On the up side with baseball season starting my oldest has practice at noon so sorry got to go he's got practice. so I asked my teenage son who I suspected didn’t believe either. if he believed he replied no I'm so bored Dad I have trouble staying awaking. I could believe Greek and roman mythology as true before this. Kids already smarter than me it took till my forty's to realize what a giant crock church is

I'd be damn proud of your son, if I were you :)

By the way, welcome to Ex-C :) Hope you decide to stay around :)

even when I was a christard I still usually worked sundays. meh, still do.

Its the Dharma book discussion group at the local center. Interesting ideas and people.

Every Sunday is such a gift. I feel like all my years as a believer I was being held under water, and now I am finally able to come up for air. Sundays are when I celebrate life and nature and rest, instead of frantically running from church service to church service, talking to people I don't know or can't stand, faking a PTL attitude.

Life is good! Finally!

• Like 1

Sundays are usually market days, which I quite enjoy, even when I've had no sleep. I love catching up with the other stall holders and having a good old gasbag.

But today, I'll be setting up the stall and then heading to the vet- Wednesday's done something to her eye.

Sundays without having to go to mass are so refreshing! I can actually sleep in, spend more time on my assignments and research, cook, etc. Despite the prevailing idea among Catholics that "mass only lasts an hour," it sure did take up a lot of time each Sunday, especially for a college student.

Battlefield 3, alot of pot, and eating leftovers.

Then I study chemistry.......fuck chemistry.

I may go to the local Universalist Unitarian church tomorrow. But if I don't go, I certainly won't feel guilty.

Make love to the farmer, then roll out of bed and feed the livestock.

And breathe deep the delicious possibilities of a day without pantyhose, grape juice and guilt.

xoxoxo

Sleep in (him) and lay awake a half hour or so just listening dreamily to the birds (me), possible sex, a grand and glorious Southern fry-up for breakfast, excellent coffee, video games, a walk if it's nice out, reading, and movies. I love our quiet neighborhood and our quiet hermit existence on weekends. I can't believe how much time I used to waste so I'm making the most of what I have now.

My MIL is a farmer, and this is succor season--yikes! There are no quiet Sundays for her; my husband and I attended church with her one morning and the whole lot of them were bleary-eyed from the ground temperature alarm in all their houses going off at 3am. We'd had a hotel for the night so had no idea till we got to the church. I have to say, farming is not an easy life at all, and adding church to the mix just makes it harder.

the same I do every sunday.....Try to take over the world. along with a couple of lab mice.

Have a leisurely breakfast/brunch. Go climbing at the local gym. Read a good book.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm determined to do anything that Rick Santorum doesn't want me to do.

...Oh, was that a case of too much information? ;-)

I mowed the lawn, after burning all the fallen wood in my yard. Lay in the hammock for a while with a nice bottle of framboise.

I red a book with the title "We are our brains". Fascinating stuff about how brains work and how things can go wrong up there. It sure changed some of my views on "crazy" people.

We'd planned a walk and yard stuff, but it snowed. So I made pizza (dough recipe upon request), did some writing, and then we indolently spent the day gaming. I love being an adult.

I can't believe it snowed. dafuq.jpg

I read then watched documentaries:

The Genius of Charles Darwin (documentary by Richard Dawkins):

(It has 3 parts - this is the 1st):

And God's Next Army, which reminded me a bit of Jesus Camp - only with bigger kids:

http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/gods-next-army/

• 2 weeks later...

raced some mountain bikes, that's what.

Grilling some T-bone steaks, drinking beer, and going to watch Game of Thrones.

Grilling some T-bone steaks, drinking beer, and going to watch Game of Thrones.

Oh shit...I forgot that was today. That just instantly made this flu feel ten times better. Praise Hans!

I think Sundays are the most special day of my week now.

Why is it lost on Christians that "a day of rest" should be EXACTLY THAT? No ALARM CLOCKS, no pantyhose, no racing through breakfast, no scurrying to Sunday School, no "PRESENTEEISM" in my appointed church pew....then racing back at 6pm to do it all again!!!!!!!

The hypocrisy of "restful SUndays" has always stunned me. Look at all the GREAT MINDS in the world. The CREATORS..the Bill Gates...the Steve Jobs...the healers who solve complex diseases.....anyone who really USES THEIR BRAIN....do they spend any time whatsoever droning on about a sky god.....wasting their time hustling around to do pointless "mission work"....NO!

We all get the same number of hours in a week, and I hate the fact hat I wasted about twenty years of Sundays + in the "service" of Retail Religion and shutting off my creativity and genuine CARING about my fellow humans at the only time it seems to flow for me...on the weekend when Im not working and my family is all gathered close to me....

And now that I am free, I continue to marvel at all the creativity and TIME I have gained by not wasting HALF OF MY WEEK>>>counting Wednesday nights (and at least ONE Saturday or two a month)>>>>>> racing around in order to BE SEEN AT CHURCH!!!!! GAG! How could I have been so stupid?

Of all the things that my mother complains about me suddenly not attending church anymore, she is GENUINELY STUMPED when I point out how GROSSLY UN-RESTFUL Man's idea of "keeping the Sabbath Day Holy" really is.

Duh. I am honoring the "Sabbath" and keeping it holy alright! In my OWN fucking way, thank you very much.

***and yes, the Farmer got laid, per usual***

Sleeping in, fun times with the BF, and whatever the fuck I want to do!

Yesterday I needed to put some fresh wood stain on my son's swing-set/clubhouse. He was outside playing with his neighbor friend. I had dozens of hours on the DVR and am 10 hours or more behind on podcasts, and I was sweating my ass of in 90 degree heat, but there was nothing else I wanted to do for those few hours than slather on paint by hand while listening to the birds and the boys have fun.

So my jalapeño-tequila-stout marinated T-bones with homemade dry-rub and grilled on the BBQ turned out pretty good. Next time, I have to make two separate batches though. One for more spicy and one less. It wasn't hot enough for me. I could've had more peños and much more cajun in the rub.