Goodbye Jesus

What Are You Doing On Sunday?

Amethyst

I am visiting my parents because my school is on break. I am laughing at the irony that my parents and a couple of their friends are getting drunk in the basement. At college, everyone I know would either have gotten back from church or be getting ready to go soon. Usually things are supposed to be the opposite way..

As you can tell, I did not come to Christianity until later in my life ;)

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

The best part of Sundays now is 

a.  not having to prepare anything on Saturday!

b.  not having any responsibility on Sunday!!

c.  not being exhausted when I get home from church

d.  sleeping in

e.  doing a mental (and sometimes physical) dance of "I'm free"

f.   relief that so much pressure doesn't rest on me now

g.  a really yummy brunch!

h.  having a whole day instead of losing a whole day to serving

• Like 2

I work in the ER on Sundays.  This past Sunday night, I did an EKG on a 12-year old boy who presented with chest pain, which turned out to be more of a panic attack.  He was describing what happened to the triage nurse.  The following conversation takes place:

Triage nurse:  Do you remember what you were doing when this started?

Patient:  I was asleep and then I woke up.  It started when I woke up.  I was having a bad dream about a scary TV show I watched.

Triage nurse:  Oh, what show was that?

Patient:  The Bible.

LOL, the Bible's pretty damn scary, no wonder the patient had a panic attack after a nightmare about it!

• 2 weeks later...

Watch movies I want to watch. Example: Like the week after it came out, I watched This is the End on a Sunday. 

I'm hoping to purchase a motorcycle either today or Saturday.

If I can pull it off, I'll be out riding on Sunday.

The weather is supposed to be perfect.

I will be biking over to the pool and going swimming on Sunday. woohoo.gif

• Like 1

I have made the move to the local UU fellowship. For now it fulfills my needs, without much, if any mention of god.

Really?  What's it like?  I've thought about attending mine in order to get my family away from bad religion.

I actually live within five minutes of a UU church and have thought about attending it. I might go this Sunday; I have the day off. Maybe I'll report in, LOL!  

I will be biking over to the pool and going swimming on Sunday. woohoo.gif

I've thought about doing this, too!! Someone I work with manages a pool and lets me use it! I love it! 

Whatever I fancy.  And this Sunday I fancy finding a way to celebrate my birthday!

Its just like any other day basically except I usually dont do any work..just seems nice to have one day off totally...

I'll be burning bibles on Sunday.

• Like 1

Sunday is my preferred day for sloth, gluttony, and fornication.

• Like 6

I'm looking forward to spending Sundays helping in my friends community garden :)

But this week it is my parents ruby wedding, imagine - 40 years of marriage and no religious input whatsoever!

The sun is shining. The birds are singing.  sing_99.gif  I don't have to go this morning an hour before church starts and 'pray' for the service!! I don't give a shit about how the service goes today. I'm going to the beach!!!!!!!yellow.gif

• Like 2

Hope it was a good birthday, Deva!! 

This Sunday I actually have to go to work in a bit.  (sad!) 

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

Florduh, your link reminded me of a few years ago and a most pleasant day spent on the patio here while visiting friends near Tampa. 

http://www.usasavingsclub.com/couponeers.php?i=6414&PHPSESSID=fe89ef1f5f9acf200d4f51e5d90edf5c

• Super Moderator

Yeah, Buffet, we know Molly's. We spend time across the street at the Ozona Pig mostly. Best BBQ ever!!!! http://www.ozonapig.com/

Food is great in Florida!!!

That sounds great, Florduh, we do have the best restaurants here in Florida!

I am still celebrating my birthday.  It lasts for at least a month.

Today is Sunday. And in about a half hour, my girlfriend is coming over and we're going to get nekkid and have a lot of fun!

Jesus won't be the ONLY one "coming" this morning!

• Like 1

She just called and said she'd be about 15 minutes late and that she's on her way. I asked, "So, you're still coming?" Her reply, "Not exactly. But I WILL be. Many, many times."

Ha-ha! Can't wait til she gets here!

Today is Sunday. And in about a half hour, my girlfriend is coming over and we're going to get nekkid and have a lot of fun!

Jesus won't be the ONLY one "coming" this morning!

Fweethawt? You still hanging 'round these parts. Very long time no see. Have fun!

To answer the question in the title: laundry.

Yeah, I'm hanging around again.

This morning/afternoon was excellent! Not just good sex, but good lunch, too. We went to Applebee's afterwards and I tried one of those new Green Goddess wedge salads. It was freakin' killer! I highly recommend it to anyone that likes blue cheese.

I don't recall ANY of my church-going Sunday mornings turning out as well as this one!

Actually, we often do this on Sunday. Its OUR church time. Ha-ha!

But that's the furthest thing from my mind when my lady is on her knees! :wicked:

• Like 1

Today I'm hanging out with an old friend and sitting at bar reading a book (since college we've done this kind of thing). I'm quite happy I don't have to waste my Sundays going to church.

• 4 weeks later...

Now that all but one of the pools in town are closed for the season, and now that the fair is over for another year, i think i'll be going shopping tomorrow. Not 100% sure on that, but that's my plan.

• 4 weeks later...

Not spending a quarter of my weekend in church is one of my favourite things about being an ex-christian. For the past 10 Sundays I've been hiking in my local mountains. 61 peaks down, 12 to go!