Goodbye Jesus

What Are You Doing On Sunday?

Amethyst

i just got finished watching Sunday Morning on cbs. i definitely enjoy just laying around and not having to fret and fear that i lost my christian mask to put on before i go to church

I have to watch xtian stuff with grandma to keep up the front.

• 3 weeks later...

For the last couple of years, since I'm not catholic, and I live in New Orleans, I work on sunday, since there are those that will not, but still want someone to buy booze from. :HaHa: However, I'm not the only heathen that works on the "sabbath" in this town, so it's ok, and I get other days off. And since I don't think any one day is holier than another, I enjoy whatever time off I get. I would like more full moon nights off though. :thanks:

Same thing I do every day: try to take over the world get off work, have breakfast, chill out for a while while I digest, exercise, eat lunch, go to bed, get up and get ready for/head to work.

I poached an egg for the first time in my life.

I got Julia Child's cookbook for myself after seeing the movie. :)

I was supposed to be studying whilst my partner looked after the kids. I spent most of the day in bed playing on my laptop and reading on and off hehehe.

Sunday is our "education" day. We watch a lot of nature-related educational shows on the Science, Discovery, History, NatGeo, Smithsonian, and PBS channels. And we rent a lot of them too. I have also started to purchase various dvds as well. We have a nice library of science-based documentaries. So instead of indoctrinating our children with harmful religious beliefs (they have never been exposed to them), we educate them with nature's FACTS. My daughter will be able to teach evolutionary biology by the time she is in high school :) She is 8 now.

• 4 weeks later...

It's 10:00am Sunday morning. I've showered and dressed and am reading a book while waiting for the wife to finish getting ready. They we're going to go meet some friends and go to ... brunch together! I'm not normally up and about like this on Sundays. Feels WAY too much like when I used to get up early and leave to go lead praise and worship. God I TOTALLY do not miss that! But brunch with mimosas, THAT I'm up for!

FYI, I'm reading Greg Craven's book "What's the Worst that Could Happen?" (a rational response to the climate change debate) Excellent read so far.

Earlier I was feeling a bit woozy with an upset tummy, but I made some rice and feel better now. My blog published at 11:00 AM. I've checked email and been surfing the 'net a bit. I've made the bed and am doing some much-needed household laundry. I also finally got the vacuum out and cleaned up and a new bag put in and I vacuumed the back porch for the first time in nearly 2 years. I'm up and down from the computer alternately wasting time vs. doing chores, and probably will do so for the rest of the day.

Then this evening I'll probably do my monthly grrly beauty routine - face mask, exfoliation, a nice long hot shower, all that chick stuff.

And then maybe I'll watch a movie or play some Oblivion.

• 1 month later...

Recovering from crazy wine bottling party last night which turned into a bit of a girls gone wild party. Only one broken glass and wine spill, and the wife has a mysterious bruise on her arm. Also a small knot on her head from an encounter with a window sill. Much fun was had by all. And it is the final party for our house which we will shortly be vacating. Now for some more coffee....

It's Easter and I'm not in church. What a great feeling!

• Super Moderator

My family and friends generally retain only the best parts of holidays. The food.

I'll be eating traditional Easter fare such as teriaki ribs, German potato salad, pig cookies (ham) and cake in a couple of hours.

Glory!

Strangely enough, I'm going to church -- little Easter surprise for my parents. Theirs is a fundamentalist Pentecostal church, but the order of the day is supposedly centered on a play -- not a sermon. Once more into the breach!

Nothing right now for me, the church service would just have started. My parents didn't bring up the church thing again and we didn't go. :grin: So right now I am where I would rather be than sitting in a "make you feel guilty as possible" church service.

I may update the fapping thread later today, and hell I may fap, play video games and study. :HaHa:

I got tired of reading all the "He is risen" stuff on Facebook so went to the local Dharma Center and did an hour of meditation and then the discussion group. It was fairly interesting. Then I had lunch with a friend. Good meal.

Well, it is a holiday, and with or without Jesus, I never miss an opportunity to sit around and not do a damn thing. Me and the gay partner went out for a walk in the local historic district after eating a "holiday-style" meal (the dude can cook a banquet, and uses any excuse to do so) ... and we came back home to eat Easter eggs we colored last night.

He still kinda-sorta believes in something, but is very non-religious. I believe in science, but I love "culture" and all the holidays that go with it. Putting up a tree every Christmas is still a big looooong affair every year, and I love holiday music - even the traditional sort. I absolutely don't believe a word of it, and don't do midnight watch or holiday mass or any of that garbage - no nativity scene, or a Christmas eve reading of one of the four gospels.

I'm living proof that one doesn't have to be an absolutist or a Grinch to be an atheist successfully. I support all of our rights in the public square, but I enjoy life as I choose to.

This Sunday, we drove to meet my in-laws. They are also non-believers. Originally, they had been uber-WASP Congregationalists who believed that civilization rests on Church. Yet, they were only lukewarm towards Jesus. After being dropped as deacons from that church because it went fundy, they said, "Eh, does it really matter?" No, it didn't & they've enjoyed their Sundays independently ever since.

I play a Sunday lunch jazz gig every week. It's glorious - watch all the Christians coming from church, all dressed up and the girls looking stunning, and they come to eat at the restaurant I play at on Sundays. The place is always packed on Sunday and I get to play jazz for 3 hours without anyone asking me for The Eagles or CCR - it's my favorite gig (nothing wrong with the Eagles or CCR, I just prefer to play jazz - it's my thing).

Spent yesterday in a cemetery documenting the graves. I love being outside, but the gnats can be really annoying.

Listening to Playing for Change and am about to start a novel.

Writing a short research paper for class. It's about corporate contributions for political campaigns.

Roller hockey :) It's a beginner group and I'm just learning to play! Never even held a hockey stick before last week's first game...

I suck :D But so much fun and they are so awesome and supportive... much more supportive and accepting than any church ;) LOL

• 3 weeks later...

You mean today? I just finished Terry Pratchett's Small Gods, updated my blog, plan to put in a vegetable garden and go to the gym. It's only when I'm visiting the city that I remember that Sunday used to be church day, and I have the opposite reaction from the jazz musician above when I see women walk out of church all dressed up, which is, thank goodness I don't put myself through that once a week anymore.

Let's see, I'm going to smoke pot. Probably play some video games and watch cartoons, make love to my gf (who I am living with and am not married to), listen to rock music, and maybe do an occult ritual.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Super Moderator
imagining what it would be like to touch the pale side of the tan lines....

It's like, "Will the defendant please rise?" But, that's another story.

This Sunday I have the usual breakfast alfresco with the greatest people in the world, followed in the afternoon by a birthday party for Bob! (There will be some great lasagna!)

Looks like I'll be missing church again.