Goodbye Jesus

What Are You Doing On Sunday?

Amethyst

imagining what it would be like to touch the pale side of the tan lines....

It's like, "Will the defendant please rise?" But, that's another story.

This Sunday I have the usual breakfast alfresco with the greatest people in the world, followed in the afternoon by a birthday party for Bob! (There will be some great lasagna!)

Looks like I'll be missing church again.

What the FUCK!!! You're missing church AGAIN!!! LOL!!

Yeah, I've been really enjoying the mornings to myself. My wife and daughters usually go to church, and while I'd normally protest such a thing, I really like doing what I want for a couple of hours! I sure do like Sunday mornings! Hey, maybe there IS a god! :lmao:

• 1 month later...

Hey, maybe there IS a god! :lmao:

Uh oh. :).

• 3 weeks later...

Help my dad work outside, play Stepmania on my computer some, and write some. Loads of time put to good use. :P

Went out dorm shopping. Had a good time for the most part... until I found I needed some extra garments.

• 1 month later...

Nowadays my normal Sundays consist of "Oh, it was sunday yesterday?"

My personal and work schedule is so irregular that if it wasn't for the fact that I follow anime episodes as they air in Japan via torenting the raws off Toshokan I likely would just go by the numerical date and completely forget weekday names. Yes, I know that is sad.

We've just moved house and I'm feeling exhausted so this morning I slept, then I had this weird thought go through my head of "I wonder where the nearest church is and if I should check it out...?" Then I stopped and listened to myself and thought "what the hell is wrong with you?!" it was like auto pilate. Then I laughed at myself at the memory of how we used to look into churches before we moved somewhere and prayed to see if we felt god was leading us there or not.... Life is *so* much better now!

• 2 weeks later...

My husband and I spent the day watching Star Trek DS9, cuddling in bed, and chatting with his brother and SIL over Skype.

Grocery shopping, homework, and house cleaning - not exactly exciting, but stuff that's gotta get done.

We went to the Texas State Fair and then had dinner with friends.

• 2 weeks later...

Slept in and played Super Street Fighter 4 all day.

• 2 weeks later...

Mostly slept in. Kids played video games and watched TV. Wife goes to the gym for some class. Got my three fantasy football teams ready. I pretty much take it for granted now that I'm going to be doing much Sunday morning. So much less stress. It has been a year since I stopped going to church.

Just went to the local UU church for the first time. Wonderful talk on reverence...still finding it strange to not hear God mentioned in the sermon.

• 2 weeks later...

Today was a most excellent day filled with my favorite people and my favorite pastime. I joined my wonderful group of friends in a double whammy picnic. We started with breakfast at 9:30 and finished up with lunch at 1:00. It was a day full of fun, friendship and food!!! Life does not get much better than this! :grin:

• 2 weeks later...

Since it's my first Sunday away from the faith I slept in, cleaned house, had dirty thoughts about a really hot guy on TV, then to top it all off, I stubbed my toe and yelled out "FUUUUUUUUUUCK!" without an ounce of guilt over any of it. :P On a more serious note: I'm simply living my life. :)

I usually have to work on Sunday evenings since I don't have a regular weekday job, but other than that, I usually try to catch a hockey game or do some coursework or reading...

• 2 weeks later...

I slept all day. No family or friends or anywhere to go. No church wants me around, I have no hobbies, and I'm stupid. So I didn't see the point in waking up.

• 3 weeks later...

Wrapped up in my snuggie with a little dog napping in my lap. Now THIS is what I call a day of rest.

I generally just sleep in and then walk to my boyfriends house.

Well my kids got bribed $20 in Holy Money by the church to use at the church candy store for attendance, so this Sunday at 9:15am theyll be buying candy and at 9:20am wèll be on our way home.

this Sunday I will awake with a sense of existential dread. If I feel particularly good I will busy myself with mundane tasks and try to push those feelings to the back of my mind. It's sort of like putting really smelly, rancid old clothes in a hamper. The stink will come out eventually, but it is kept at bay for a while.

The thing is, I would awake with the same sense of dread while I was a Christian. I would just go to church, read a bible verse, pray or busy myself with mundane tasks and try to push those feelings to the back of my mind.

In other words, I will do three fewer things this Sunday than I did when I was a believer. But the thing that Christ was supposed to cure never went away.

Anybody know where the real answers are?

I sit around watching t.v., on the computer, xbox, or any combination of the three.

Sleeping in, watching Bruce Lee movies, hanging out with my boyfriend and catching up on this site since I have not visited in a while.

• 3 weeks later...

When I opened the door to take out my dog this morning, the sound that greeted my ears was the putter of sidewalk snowblowers raising their hymns of praise to the heavens--that, and the scrape of snow shovels. As my dog and I walked the several blocks of our route I saw much evidence of the Fellowship of the Snow Shovel.

At one driveway, three men were shoveling a driveway. I had to walk around a vehicle parked at the end of the driveway beside it. I assume one of the men had come in it. A fourth man was scraping off a vehicle in by the house. Such camaraderie--that is what I mean by the Fellowship of the Snow Shovel. I'm sure it's just as meaningful as any Sacrament offered inside a fancy building.

On another block, where sidwalk snowblowers had congregated, two men were dealing with a stalling sidewalk snowblower. What to do? Oh, and then the snowplow went...

I did not check to see whether anyone gathered at the large church on the other side of the fence behind the house where I live. I had meant to but I forgot...