Goodbye Jesus

Why Did God Create People?

RubyHypatia

So what is the Christian answer to why we are here? I recall that it was because God wanted companionship. I guess the angels weren't good enough for him? And then we're supposed to spend eternity stroking his divine ego. Doesn't that make God narcissistic? And if we are to be godly, should we be narcissistic and want people to worship us?

Because he liked the idea of torturing the majority of his children for all eternity.....

Ruby,

That's a question I have asked many times too. We constantly hear that that we have no purpose without God and religion to explain it, but the problem is... even with God and religion there's no good explanation for our purpose!

My impression right now is that the Bible describes a huge experiment where we are the lab-rats. That's it. The purpose in Christian Mythology is that God wants to see how many he can convert by faulty and inadequate arguments, and a vague promise of some eternal bliss, and threat of eternal torture. That's all. We either become his entertainment in some glass jar he call Heaven, or we become the food for the fire in his furnace, so he can warm his cold feet.

So what is the Christian answer to why we are here?

Because jeebus and Lucifer had already heard all gawd's joke.

So what is the Christian answer to why we are here? I recall that it was because God wanted companionship. I guess the angels weren't good enough for him? And then we're supposed to spend eternity stroking his divine ego. Doesn't that make God narcissistic? And if we are to be godly, should we be narcissistic and want people to worship us?

You have to look at the story.

"God" created a bunch of stuff, including the heavens and the earth. "God" didn't live anywhere so he created a place to stay from a place we don't know (but he must not have liked it since it's never mentioned and he moves-in to heaven right away). But "limbo" seems an apt name. Guess he lived with those unbaptized Catholic babies?

Then he creates a garden on a little tiny planet in the middle of nowhere. The garden doesn't even take up the whole planet but just the smallest little bit of the planet. He can't be bothered with this garden himself, even though he seems capable of tending it by speech control, and he "builds" some helpers to handle this job.

They manage to screw up. Not the garden gig, they seem to do this just fine since there's nothing in their performance review about it, but they simply get to smart and horny. So out they go. Since he has no gardeners this just pisses him off to no end. I mean no end. He is simply unable to get over it. I guess once you have a good gardener you want to keep them.

He tries to "tend" his own garden but overwaters it killing everything. So now it's just all screwed up. He's totally pissed now. Might as well just get everyone to kill everyone else so we can't show him up. Even the planet on autopilot kicks his sorry ass.

So that's it. "God" is just a bad gardener and he's taking it out on us. Apparently he's jealous of our skills.

mwc

He and the other gawds were having a spirited game of "That ain't shit. Y'all watch this."

He eventually won with the duckbill platypus.

You guys are funny! :lmao:

What if this happened?

Apple Sauce, LOL

Man created gods because he is terrified of death. "What happens to us when we die?", he asks. It's more comforting if we all have the same answer. Man is so arrogant that he thinks that the entire universe and the countless galaxies beyond our own were all made for him. He can't fathom that he is insignificant and his existence will be completely irrelevant in the annals of time.

Of course, that's not as funny as the previous posts. Anytime you folks need more comforting and 'hand holding'...just give me a shout. Much love.

He's a sadistic bastard that gets a boner listening to our cries and screams.

Man created gods because he is terrified of death. "What happens to us when we die?", he asks. It's more comforting if we all have the same answer. Man is so arrogant that he thinks that the entire universe and the countless galaxies beyond our own were all made for him. He can't fathom that he is insignificant and his existence will be completely irrelevant in the annals of time.

Of course, that's not as funny as the previous posts. Anytime you folks need more comforting and 'hand holding'...just give me a shout. Much love.

:whs: :goodjob:

God makes a being in his own image just as a person stranded on an island for years would start talking to themselves for sainity.

Answer... God was lonely.

God makes a being in his own image just as a person stranded on an island for years would start talking to themselves for sainity.

Answer... God was lonely.

God got tired of just using his hand, so he created a steady supply of free pr0n.