Goodbye Jesus

The American Taliban Claim Another Victim

nivek

When Robert Ford assassinated Jesse James, he was widely regarded as a coward by those who both were for and against Jesse James. Anyone who doesn't regard Scott Roeder equally as a coward are in denial of the truth.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Doobie

• Ouroboros

• Vigile

• florduh

As an atheist I think the guy who killed Dr. Tiller ought to be put away for life.

When I was a fundie Christian, I thought abortion doctor killers should be put away for life.

This killer is not a typical prolifer.

When Robert Ford assassinated Jesse James, he was widely regarded as a coward by those who both were for and against Jesse James. Anyone who doesn't regard Scott Roeder equally as a coward are in denial of the truth.

I don't know, as distasteful as it is, I'm still going to have to side with Doobie on the definition of what is cowardly. A coward is someone who shrinks away from action due to fear. There are many more apt adjetives that can be applied to this killer such as deluded, insane, illogical or perhaps just asshole.

• Super Moderator
Sacrificing one's own life for a cause is bravery, though usually misguided. A hit and run shooting is not bravery, but perhaps the opposite. It's murder, plain and simple - prohibited by the laws of both Man and the god that the killer supposedly worships.

I understand the twisted thought process that leads such people to justify their violent acts, but it is still reprehensible - and also cowardly if they run and try to get away with the crime.

Attempts to rationalize something stupid amounts to piling stupid on stupid. A brave act does not cease to be brave just because the brave individual tries to avoid being a victim of the danger that he faces. Would you call a volunteer fireman, after saving someone's life in a terrible fire, a coward for running out of a burning building instead of letting it collapse on him? You're confusing bravery with foolishness.

BTW, who are you to say Tiller's abortionist violated the law of God?

I guess in your world, shooting an unarmed man and running away is bravery. Whatever.

There is no correlation between firemen and people who are willing to suffer the consequences for a cause they believe in.

I see you equate abortion with murder since you refer to Tiller's murderer as his abortionist. Fine. I have no authority to say what the laws of his god are, but I take my cue from the supposed word of that god, the Bible. Therein is the admonition from on high not to murder. It doesn't say murder is okay if you happen to think it's justified. Following your logic, if murdering a fetus is wrong, then murdering an adult is also wrong. Murder is either wrong or it isn't. Which Bible verse tells you that two wrongs make a right?

Thou shall not murder? Love thine enemy? The last I recall, abortionists are not on the "to stone" list. Which verse was it that said that one should be happy when they see a baby's head bashed on a rock (Psalm 137)?

Thou shall not murder? Love thine enemy? The last I recall, abortionists are not on the "to stone" list. Which verse was it that said that one should be happy when they see a baby's head bashed on a rock (Psalm 137)?

Or the one to cut open pregnant women. No, god seems cool with infantcide and abortion.

• Super Moderator
Or the one to cut open pregnant women. No, god seems cool with infantcide and abortion.

Nah, that's Old Testament and doesn't count if it's convenient to ignore in order to make a point.

Let me add to the list:

Turn the other cheek.

Do to others what you want them do to you.

Love your neighbor as yourself.

He who use the sword will die by the sword.

Don't pay back evil with evil (Rom 12:17)

A brave act does not cease to be brave just because the brave individual tries to avoid being a victim of the danger that he faces.

I call bullshit. He wasn't trying to avoid "danger". He was trying to avoid the legal consequences of his actions. If he truly believed and was "brave" in his convictions, he should have turned himself in immediately and trusted in his God. Braverly is doing something dangerous while fully accepting the consquences (good and bad) of your actions.

You want bravery and conviction? Check out the story of the 47 Ronin somtime. They KNEW what the outcome would be and did it anyways without trying to avoid the consquences of their actions.

I speak for god (actually quite a few of them), Doobie, and they all want you to quit being a douchebag apologist for a terrorist.

BTW, you are supporting terror...

So once again, I ask: Why do you hate America?

I see you equate abortion with murder since you refer to Tiller's murderer as his abortionist. Fine. I have no authority to say what the laws of his god are, but I take my cue from the supposed word of that god, the Bible. Therein is the admonition from on high not to murder. It doesn't say murder is okay if you happen to think it's justified. Following your logic, if murdering a fetus is wrong, then murdering an adult is also wrong. Murder is either wrong or it isn't. Which Bible verse tells you that two wrongs make a right?

Why can't God do his own murdering? Impotent fucker!

I mean if abortion is such an abomination to him, why doesn't he just strike the abortion doctors

down with a lighting bolt, heart attack, meteorite, death ray, etc.? Either he just doesn't give a shit or my

bet -he's not real.

I speak for god (actually quite a few of them), Doobie, and they all want you to quit being a douchebag apologist for a terrorist.

My my, some people are so judgmental.

Guest ephymeris

pot, meet kettle.

Why can't God do his own murdering? Impotent fucker!

I mean if abortion is such an abomination to him, why doesn't he just strike the abortion doctors

down with a lighting bolt, heart attack, meteorite, death ray, etc.? Either he just doesn't give a shit or my

bet -he's not real.

That's a good question. If god is so all-powerful, then why does he need lackeys to do his dirty work? I agree with thegodthatfailed. The xian god is an impotent fucker, if he exists at all. Blasphemy is fun. :fdevil:

BTW, you are supporting terror...

So once again, I ask: Why do you hate America?

I'll answer it for him, because it's not theocratic enough.

Kinda like that beast you worship?

By the very nature of their belief, all Christians are cowards. Think about it. They all believe that this Christ guy died for all the bad things they done; so on what they believe will be their judgment day, instead of answering for all of their "Sins" and accepting whatever punishment their god will dish out, they expect to hide behind this Jesus guy and say, "Here, this guy already died for all the wrongs I did, so thanks to him I'm clean."

I cannot imagine a more cowardly religion.

Kettle, Pot on line one, something about color.

Yes, you have been judged and found wanting. Apparently for a brain, or at least common human decency.

I ask you a third time. Why do you hate America, traitor?

I actually have to agree with Doobie here about the application of the term "cowardice."

Let me be clear: the act was utterly despicable. I have to draw in a comparison to the 9/11 hijackers/terrorists, as well--it was mentioned, but it bears a little more attention, IMO. Same concept, much larger scope. It was misguided, it was horrendous, it was reprehensible beyond expression. I could spend hours coming up with adjectives to describe how disgusting and horrific such actions are and the whole fucked up belief system in a mind so warped and twisted to murder either an abortion doctor or Western "infidels." Cowardice would be among the least of the unflattering epitaphs I could suggest, but it would be one that would just stick out as not applicable. The whole time Bush, et. al., referred to the 9/11 terrorists as cowards, I simply had to roll my eyes. Laying their lives on the line to commit such horrible acts in the name of their misguided and twisted beliefs, I actually think the hijackers AND the assassin were quite brave, the deplorable fuckers.

It was also suggested that the cowardice was in not owing up to the consequences of his actions. Consider those who have performed commendable humanitarian acts at risk to themselves--those who housed Jews during the holocaust to protect them from concentration camps/death. Perhaps those involved with the Underground Railroad. Should they be deemed cowards because they did not turn themselves in to the authorities? Was it not enough that they knew the risks to themselves for hiding Jews? Granted they were not in the business of killing people, but that is because they were benevolent humanitarians rather than twisted miscreants, not because they were more or less brave than the murderous zealots. Bravery is a good thing when used for commendable purposes, but it's just plain sick when committing atrocities in the name of your wicked agenda.

It was also suggested that the cowardice was in not owing up to the consequences of his actions. Consider those who have performed commendable humanitarian acts at risk to themselves--those who housed Jews during the holocaust to protect them from concentration camps/death. Perhaps those involved with the Underground Railroad. Should they be deemed cowards because they did not turn themselves in to the authorities? Was it not enough that they knew the risks to themselves for hiding Jews? Granted they were not in the business of killing people, but that is because they were benevolent humanitarians rather than twisted miscreants, not because they were more or less brave than the murderous zealots. Bravery is a good thing when used for commendable purposes, but it's just plain sick when committing atrocities in the name of your wicked agenda.

I didn't say he was cowardly, I disagreed that he should be considered brave. What if those that housed the jews/slaves turned them in at the first sign of trouble to save their own skins? Would you still consider them brave?

• Super Moderator

No matter how you spin it, shooting an unarmed man and running away cannot be construed as an act of bravery.

It was the VICTIM who exhibited bravery in continuing his service to women even after all the publicity and threats. He could have had police protection, but he didn't. Bill O'Reilly had singled out Dr. Tiller more than two dozen times in his shows. That coward spurred someone else to actually pull the trigger.

No matter how you spin it, shooting an unarmed man and running away cannot be construed as an act of bravery.

It was the VICTIM who exhibited bravery in continuing his service to women even after all the publicity and threats. He could have had police protection, but he didn't. Bill O'Reilly had singled out Dr. Tiller more than two dozen times in his shows. That coward spurred someone else to actually pull the trigger.

Agreed.

What if those that housed the jews/slaves turned them in at the first sign of trouble to save their own skins? Would you still consider them brave?

No, I would not, or at least not so much (maybe just a lesser measure of bravery for housing them in the first place before they chickened out).

I also agree that the victim exihibited bravery, and commendably so.

Guest QuidEstCaritas?

Why the fuck is some spineless and cowardly white dude with a gun being compared to people who know how to wage war.

Why the fuck is some spineless and cowardly white dude with a gun being compared to people who know how to wage war.

Yo.. why u gotta hate on whites?