Goodbye Jesus

The American Taliban Claim Another Victim

nivek

Guest QuidEstCaritas?
Why the fuck is some spineless and cowardly white dude with a gun being compared to people who know how to wage war.

Yo.. why u gotta hate on whites?

Because whitey is always trying to keep the black man down.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Doobie

• Ouroboros

• Vigile

• florduh

No matter how you spin it, shooting an unarmed man and running away cannot be construed as an act of bravery.

It was the VICTIM who exhibited bravery in continuing his service to women even after all the publicity and threats. He could have had police protection, but he didn't. Bill O'Reilly had singled out Dr. Tiller more than two dozen times in his shows. That coward spurred someone else to actually pull the trigger.

Tiller was singled out by O'Reilly because he practiced late term abortions. Many, if not most, people are against the killing of a fetus so they speak out against it. O'Reilly never called for Tiller to be murdered. Some nut job did that on his own. Should those who oppose late term abortions be silenced because of what some crazy guy might do?

• Super Moderator
Should those who oppose late term abortions be silenced because of what some crazy guy might do?

No, of course not. It's a valid debate, but very emotional. Attacks on doctors and clinics have happened in the past so to repeatedly single out one doctor puts a target on him.

Tiller was singled out by O'Reilly because he practiced late term abortions. Many, if not most, people are against the killing of a fetus so they speak out against it. O'Reilly never called for Tiller to be murdered. Some nut job did that on his own. Should those who oppose late term abortions be silenced because of what some crazy guy might do?
According to a recent episode of the Freedom From Religion Foundation podcast, O'Reily spent 27 episodes singling out Dr. Tiller by referring to him as "Tiller the baby killer", a man who with blood on his hands, and a doctor who will execute babies for $5,000 and apparently sent a camera crew to hound Tiller. O'Reilly himself may not have called out for Tiller to be murdered directly, but when you have this climate as a whole that spends more time focused on emotional attacks, harassing a single man for 27 episodes by accusing him of murder, and even sending a camera crew to harass a single individual instead of focusing on the debate itself, what do you think is going to happen when eventually some nutcase who thinks Tiller is a baby killer and doesn't see in their eye's mind, any justice being done about it, eventually puts two and two together? It may not be individuals who enticed others to murder this doctor, but I think clearly this climate as a whole that focuses on emotional attacks and fanaticism instead of education and actual discussion that obviously is not helping. So while I don't hold individuals as responsible for this murderer, I do hold this whole climate of fanaticism as being at least partiality responsible for enabling something like this to eventually happen through its appraisal of fanaticism and I think people need to start toning down the "You're a murderer!" rhetoric and actually discuss the issues.

Free speech doesn't include shouting fire in a crowded theater or inciting riots. O'Reilly is a self-promoting, irresponsible ass. I hope this doctor's family sues him for everything he's got.

I don't know, as distasteful as it is, I'm still going to have to side with Doobie on the definition of what is cowardly. A coward is someone who shrinks away from action due to fear. There are many more apt adjetives that can be applied to this killer such as deluded, insane, illogical or perhaps just asshole.

:twitch: Being a homicidal maniac is not a brave thing. Are we willing to put Andra Yates, Ted Bundy, Susan Smith, Jeffery Dahmer on the same level as real Heroes? :wtf: If not why not, what's the difference? They all took lives for self serving reasons, I would not classify their actions as BRAVE, They are murderers same as the WackJob Fundy ass who committed first degree premeditated murder.

The Homicidal maniac IS a coward. TO afraid to make an appointment and talk to the DR face to face? To afraid to take the task of changing minds instead of cold blooded murder?

BTW, I do not consider 9/11 terrorist Brave either, I don't really consider Kamikaze suicide a brave thing, I veiw it as just as self serving as the names I listed above, these assholes assumed they got something out of it and again self serving. Same as with the Dr. To cowardly to take the highroad, snuffing out a life is a cowards way.

BTW Doop...

First degree premeditated murder is just that, please stop calling it abortion. :loser: The two are completely different actions.

I also want to point out that I whole heartily agree with Naiya. People would just assume force their buybull bullshit on people they don't know, once they are born they take glee they suffer in hell and have the right to be murdered just as Doop is doing in this thread.

Your posts always make me smile J. You remind me of Emerson who once wrote: "Speak what you think to-day in words as hard as cannon-balls and to-morrow speak what to-morrow thinks in hard words again, though it contradict every thing you said to-day"

It's a compliment so please take it as such.

As for cowardice. I can't speak for Doob, but in my mind this is a false dichotomy. Saying he is not a coward is not arguing he is brave. As I said, I just think there are better words to describe what he is/did than coward which seems to me to be a non sequitur.

Thanks for the compliment Vig! :wub:

--

Just as Fla has said a few times now, how it it NOT being a coward shooting an Unarmed man then running away? How is it different then drive by shootings? Or the DC Sniper? These are not Non-Cowedly actions. They are meant to terrorize and hold people hostage with fear with control. They are bullys and cowards and love to force their will by force and terror.... I just can't see it any other way. :shrug: The main goal of the Xtain zealot is to scare Dr's to the point of infringing on womens rights. He's an abusive fear controlling asshole just like the god he represents.

The Homicidal maniac IS a coward. TO afraid to make an appointment and talk to the DR face to face? To afraid to take the task of changing minds instead of cold blooded murder?

BTW, I do not consider 9/11 terrorist Brave either, I don't really consider Kamikaze suicide a brave thing, I veiw it as just as self serving as the names I listed above, these assholes assumed they got something out of it and again self serving. Same as with the Dr. To cowardly to take the highroad, snuffing out a life is a cowards way.

I have to agree with this that it's clearly cowardice to me. True bravery would be for them to live together and work things out peacefully. To murder the doctor is to take the easy way out instead of facing life head on and accepting that we live in a pluralistic society where not everybody agrees with you, but he didn't have the balls to do that. Even if cowardice is the wrong word, bravery is the wrong word too. Perhaps stupid bigotry is the best word to describe it? If the murderer of Dr. Tiller was brave, then does that mean anyone who does not murder someone they disagree with is a coward?

Thanks for the compliment Vig! :wub:

--

Just as Fla has said a few times now, how it it NOT being a coward shooting an Unarmed man then running away? How is it different then drive by shootings? Or the DC Sniper? These are not Non-Cowedly actions. They are meant to terrorize and hold people hostage with fear with control. They are bullys and cowards and love to force their will by force and terror.... I just can't see it any other way. :shrug: The main goal of the Xtain zealot is to scare Dr's to the point of infringing on womens rights. He's an abusive fear controlling asshole just like the god he represents.

Dunno, guess I just have a different sense of what a coward is. Not wanting to face the consequences of one's actions could I suppose be considered cowardly in some sense, but it seems to me we are backing the definition into a corner here. Sorry, I'm getting pedantic. What I mean is, if someone does an act like this it seems a natural human response to not want to pay for it. Doing the act and then waiting for the consequences would in my mind be committing one atrocious act and two stupid acts. And perhaps he considers himself a revolutionary of sorts and believed that not paying was justified by the fact that if he got away he would live to act again.

Anyway, who cares? We all agree, except for that twisted cheech & chong guy, that this was a horrible act committed for horrible reasons by a horrible person.