Goodbye Jesus

Sick Of Lying Pastors

Guest jamatx

Guest jamatx

Hi. I am new to the forum. I was raised in the church. Very involved in a church, one that preach grace, grace, and more grace. Then, I caught the pastor lying to people. Not in front of anybody, but behind peoples back so that they couldn't hear it. He went on tv and said that he accepted everybody, but when it came down to it he was very homophobic and had a problem with anybody that questioned him. I have now taken my wife and walked away from the church. I am sick of the lies. Talk about there is more to God and that is why the church is called More. No wonder the pasors name is Roach. He is one. Thank you for being here and letting me blow off steam. I'm sick of this religious bigots.

Welcome to the forums, jamatx.

Then, I caught the pastor lying to people.

What??!! A lying pastor??!! Never heard of such a thing. :wicked:

Hope you'll find this a good place to continue your journey away from the sickness.

Guest trekker

Welcome, Jamatx! Yep, people are people, no matter what label they may wear! Glad you are finding out the truth now and walking away from the lies.

trekker

Yep, lying goes hand-in-hand with the concept of being "born again" when all the while there is no transformation but what the person is able to accomplish. The very foundation of the new life is false, so the living out of the new life is just as false.

Baptist? Grace certainly isn't in the Church Of Christ vocabulary.

It is pretty much par-for-the-course that a pastor/preacher/father/reverend, etc. be homophobic, misogynistic, racist (of course, not overtly), egomaniacle, greedy, you name it.