Goodbye Jesus

Cognitive Dissonance At Its Cruelest

PitterPatter

*Homoflauge: acting very anti-gay to cover up the fact that you really only get off on your own gender, i.e. you're queer as a three-dollar bill.

I remember when Anita Bryant was making her move to revive her flagging career by pandering to the religious right. My parents used her as an example to explain to me what psychological projection is.

Me: I think that the idea of a rape victim having to marry her rapist is absolutely disgusting.

P.K.: Well, for absolution. This was like 200 years ago. [PFT!] If she didn’t marry him then no one would ever marry her and she’d be a disgrace to her family.

Why is it that the xtans who believe most strongly in moral absolutes always seem to resort to the most extreme cultural relativism?

I wonder what homosexuals think they're curing when they sodomise other men and get AIDS in the first place
This is all I have to say about this:
:Wendywhatever:

All I would have accomplished with Miss California's tact and graciousness is a bigoted response less pointed than, "Go fuck yourself, you bandwidth-sucking piece of shit" (that's someone who is suffering from serious insecurity)
I thought swearing was a sin in Christianity? James 8:-12
How great a forest is set ablaze by a small fire! 6And the tongue is a fire. The tongue is placed among our members as a world of iniquity; it stains the whole body, sets on fire the cycle of nature,* and is itself set on fire by hell.* 7For every species of beast and bird, of reptile and sea creature, can be tamed and has been tamed by the human species, 8but no one can tame the tongue—a restless evil, full of deadly poison. 9With it we bless the Lord and Father, and with it we curse those who are made in the likeness of God. 10From the same mouth come blessing and cursing. My brothers and sisters,* this ought not to be so. 11Does a spring pour forth from the same opening both fresh and brackish water? 12Can a fig tree, my brothers and sisters,* yield olives, or a grapevine figs? No more can salt water yield fresh.

Can't say that my tongue has ever set a forest ablaze, though I've been told that it has set some bush on fire before...

I wonder what homosexuals think they're curing when they sodomise other men and get AIDS in the first place

Nice one!

:Wendywhatever:

:lmao: BRILLIANT!

Apparently “traditional healers” in Zimbabwe have convinced the public that men with HIV or AIDS can be cured by raping virgins.

You know the Bible prohibits sex outside of marriage. It's even one of the Ten Commandments. That's tantamount to prohibiting rape. But, someone with a small mind doesn't have room to retain something so familiar when there's a desire to latch onto a bigoted notion to use to harass a co-worker. You found that website with the word "rape", and because you lack the integrity to care what the Bible really says, you reached between your legs, fondling yourself, you thought, "I found a club that I can bash an unsuspecting Christian with."

23 “If a young woman who is a virgin is betrothed to a husband, and a man finds her in the city and lies with her, 24 then you shall bring them both out to the gate of that city, and you shall stone them to death with stones, the young woman because she did not cry out in the city, and the man because he humbled his neighbor’s wife; so you shall put away the evil from among you.

25 “But if a man finds a betrothed young woman in the countryside, and the man forces her and lies with her, then only the man who lay with her shall die. 26 But you shall do nothing to the young woman; there is in the young woman no sin deserving of death, for just as when a man rises against his neighbor and kills him, even so is this matter. 27 For he found her in the countryside, and the betrothed young woman cried out, but there was no one to save her.

28 “If a man finds a young woman who is a virgin, who is not betrothed, and he seizes her and lies with her, and they are found out, 29 then the man who lay with her shall give to the young woman’s father fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife because he has humbled her; he shall not be permitted to divorce her all his days.

Deuteronomy 22 NKJV

Actually what the Bible prohibits is sex with another man's property. This is the reason why the man in verse 23-24 is stoned specifically because he humbled his neighbour's wife. Whereas the man in verse 28-29 simply has to pay a fine. These laws seem to have little if anything to do with protecting the women in question. This is why a woman who is raped in the city is left in a position where if she cry's out she'll probably be killed by her rapist (or possibly heard by nobody), or if she doesn't cry out she can tell no one or she'll be stoned to death.

I googled "bible rape" and the first thing that comes up is, "1) Murder, rape, and pillage at Jabesh-gilead (Judges 21:10-24 NLT)" You couldn't get it more backwards. That story condemns rape. The full story is that there were a bunch of sodomites that tried to rape (and kill) a man, failing to do that, they did manage to brutally rape his woman (she later died of extensive anal bleeding). These sodomites were living among the tribe of Benjamin. The Israelites demanded that the Benjamin turn over these b*ttpirates for execution for rape and murder, but the homophile Benjamites refused. This sparked a short civil war which nearly destroyed the Benjamites. The Bemjamites wanted woman to repopulate their tribe. The Israelites refused to let the Benjamites have any of their women. So, the evil Benjamites kidnapped women (like San Fran homosexuals kidnap, "adopt", children to rape and to populate their families). Very much the opposite of condoning or supporting this kidnapping, the Bible laments, " In those days Israel had no king; everyone did as he saw fit."

Now, why don't you go back and apologize to that young lady?

10 So the congregation sent out there twelve thousand of their most valiant men, and commanded them, saying, “Go and strike the inhabitants of Jabesh Gilead with the edge of the sword, including the women and children. 11 And this is the thing that you shall do: You shall utterly destroy every male, and every woman who has known a man intimately.” 12 So they found among the inhabitants of Jabesh Gilead four hundred young virgins who had not known a man intimately; and they brought them to the camp at Shiloh, which is in the land of Canaan.

13 Then the whole congregation sent word to the children of Benjamin who were at the rock of Rimmon, and announced peace to them. 14 So Benjamin came back at that time, and they gave them the women whom they had saved alive of the women of Jabesh Gilead; and yet they had not found enough for them.

Judges 21 NKJV

The congregation (Israelites) sent 12,000 men to kill everyone in Jabesh Gilead, except the young women whom they gave to the Benjamenites.

20 Therefore they instructed the children of Benjamin, saying, “Go, lie in wait in the vineyards, 21 and watch; and just when the daughters of Shiloh come out to perform their dances, then come out from the vineyards, and every man catch a wife for himself from the daughters of Shiloh; then go to the land of Benjamin. 22 Then it shall be, when their fathers or their brothers come to us to complain, that we will say to them, ‘Be kind to them for our sakes, because we did not take a wife for any of them in the war; for it is not as though you have given the women to them at this time, making yourselves guilty of your oath.’”

23 And the children of Benjamin did so; they took enough wives for their number from those who danced, whom they caught. Then they went and returned to their inheritance, and they rebuilt the cities and dwelt in them. 24 So the children of Israel departed from there at that time, every man to his tribe and family; they went out from there, every man to his inheritance.

Judges 21 NKJV

Then seeing as how they didn't manage to pinch enough women from Jabesh Gilead, they told the Benjaminites to wait in the vineyard and pinch there own daughters.

Back to the topic at hand. Yep, last I checked, the Bible not only doesn't forbid rape, but some of the stories celebrate it (i.e. kill everyone in the village except the virgins...I think you all know the rest). In fact, iirc, those that refused were themselves killed.

That's what popped into my head too:

And Moses said unto them, Have ye saved all the women alive? ... Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him.
But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves
. -- Numbers 31:15-18

I haven't been around here for months, and I come back today and discover Doobie. Jeebus, that's a whole lotta ugliness there.

On another note...God didn't seem to have a problem with Lot's daughters pretty much date raping him. hehe. This God character is a violent nasty perv.

And don't forget, if you have male guests and the neighborhood men want to rape them, be a good host and offer your daughters to be raped and humiliated in their place.

Yes, Lot sure was a Godly man, wasn't he? We know he was because the Bible says so.

Make me vomit.

Yes, Lot sure was a Godly man, wasn't he? We know he was because the Bible says so.

Make me vomit.

He was a good little rape victim and didn't complain about it. :twitch:

And his daughters were just being vengeful like their god is...after that whole offering up for rape thing. hehe.

Since I was a little kid I was troubled by Lot's wife being turned into a pillar of salt for a victimless crime. But really she was quite lucky to get away from her psychotic family.

Since I was a little kid I was troubled by Lot's wife being turned into a pillar of salt for a victimless crime. But really she was quite lucky to get away from her psychotic family.
I'm reminded of how in Letting Go Of God, Julia Sweeney was complaining about the injustice of God's actions in the story of Lot and she wondered why God had punished Lot's wife for something so ridiculous and she had wondered if maybe that was Lot's wife's only way out of that marriage. "Maybe being a pillar of salt was preferable to being Lot's wife."