Goodbye Jesus

Why My Pastor Thinks Christianity Is The True Religon.

Anna

...Two ex-Christians, one wearing a large fake cow head go into a bar...

..., when the bartender shouts: "Oh, Holy Cow!" ...

Today my pastor was really getting into his talk and he said "The Difference between all ther other religons is that there is only one true saviour. Only one that came back from the dead. Jesus christ came back from the dead!"

Im quite sure thats not true. I have a feeling quite a number of religons have leaders that died and rose from the dead.

Am I right?

lol, it's sad that your pastor is not only completely uneducated about other religions but has horrible logic.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/easter1.htm

Many religious historians believe that the death and resurrection legends were first associated with Attis, many centuries before the birth of Jesus. They were simply grafted onto stories of Jesus' life in order to make Christian theology more acceptable to Pagans.

There is also Horus, Mithra, Sakya Buddha, and Prometheus, who, I believe, all predate the myth of Jesus. You can read more here:

http://www.sanfords.net/Framed_pages/origi...hristianity.htm

And what if there were no other religions -to date- where their god came back from the dead? If I made one up where the god came back from the dead twice would that trump his religion? And why does he get to choose seemingly random criteria for what makes a religion valid? There is no logical or evidential justification as to why a story of someone coming back from the dead would validate the religion. Anyone can make that shit up anyway.

I would have laughed if someone had the guts to stand up in front of everyone and ask him about other religions with gods who came back from the dead. He wouldn't know what to do.