Goodbye Jesus

How To Really Inspire " Trust "

nivek

Naval Officers sans uniform swords, on "their own turf"? Guess we'll have Zero moving Dr. Phil in so the naval Acad grads can talk thrie opponents to surrender or death.

John Paul Jones and Hyman Rickover are spinning in their graves...

kFL

http://washingtontimes.com/news/2009/may/21/inside-the-beltway-97423759/

SWORDLESS SAILORS

Graduating midshipmen of the U.S. Naval Academy in Annapolis are being told in writing to leave at home or in their vehicles all "ceremonial swords" and anything else "that might be considered a weapon or a threat by screeners" for Friday's outdoor commencement ceremonies featuring an address by President Barack Obama.

Inside the Beltway has obtained the academy's list of prohibited items for this year's graduation exercises, which, besides ceremonial swords, includes umbrellas.

Yes, cell phones and texting are still allowed.

• Super Moderator

Throwing ceremonial swords and umbrellas at the podium could be dangerous.

Wow, a disarmed military - what a concept! I thought their job was to defend the country, including their Commander-in-Chief. What was I thinking? Are they now not to be trusted with weapons? Who IS trusted with weapons now?

This is nothing new. I'm an Ex-Marine and a veteran of the 1st Gulf war. When Dick Cheney came to Saudi Arabia they took the bolts out of our M-16's. This is common practice.

I'm with RO here. Making an issue of this seems silly.

Let's say you are in charge of the SS detail. Do you drool all over yourself with patriotism and pride in our men in uniform or do you do everything you can to CYA and reduce all possible risk that one of those guys just might be an outlier ready to go postal?

It's a no brainer and I'm sure common practice.

Throwing ceremonial swords and umbrellas at the podium could be dangerous.

Maybe they should make them plastic or rubber? :HaHa:

This is nothing new. I'm an Ex-Marine and a veteran of the 1st Gulf war. When Dick Cheney came to Saudi Arabia they took the bolts out of our M-16's. This is common practice.

That makes sense... especially when it's Dick Cheney.

Heh, I do have to wonder how many of the soldiers there would have relished at least the thought of being able to plant one squarely between Darth Cheney's beady little eyes.

Heh, I do have to wonder how many of the soldiers there would have relished at least the thought of being able to plant one squarely between Darth Cheney's beady little eyes.

So maybe for extra protection, the close combat special trained troops would have to use these:

26293.jpg