Goodbye Jesus

Brainwashing Using Alpha State Induced Natural Opiates

RationalOkie

--If I knew where I got this I would give credit to them...but I can't remember. It's somewhere on the net.

Brainwashing, conversion, and large-scale manipulation usually start off by appealing to the emotions, rather than to reason. This is done to induce the right hemisphere of the brain, the emotional hemisphere, as the dominant hemisphere. This decreases the use of the left hemisphere, or the logical and critical hemisphere. (This is somewhat of an oversimplification, but it will serve to explain.) Making the right hemisphere the dominant hemisphere also increases the amount of alpha brain waves. In his book Megabrain Power, Michael Hutchinson points out that each of the different brain wave states (alpha, beta, theta, delta) serves a different function, and that the alpha state makes people especially susceptible and open to reprogramming.

Once considerable emotional arousal is achieved (e.g. fear, anger, excitement, nervous tension), then the repetition of slogans and indoctrination begins. Since the programming of the brain works on the principle of repetition, these dictums are repeated over and over for maximum effect. The cumulative result of these techniques is impaired mental judgment and increased suggestibility. The emotions can be appealed to in any number of ways from stirring up hatred against an imagined "evil" (such as cult leaders do) or a "great cause" to create pity for some segment of society as politicians do. An additional means used to engage primarily the right brain is to use visualization. Visualization, like emotion, is a right-brain function and the use of this could possibly (but no necessarily) reduce critical thinking.

The main steps often used by cults and manipulators:

1. Cut the victim off from the outside world, family and friends.

2. Induce the physical state conducive for manipulation and brainwashing.

3. Increase the person's emotional arousal.

4. Confuse the person through guilt, self doubt, and pressure.

5. Use repetition of slogans and, symbols, indoctrination, and simple thinking to alter the person's thinking.

The alpha brain-wave state induces the internal release of natural opiates and beta endorphins. Essentially, being in the alpha brain-wave state, feels good and can act like a drug. Therefore, the indoctrination event(s) can actually become physically addictive!

Conversions usually occur in a very abrupt manner, as "religious awakenings" demonstrate. Throughout history, many cases of radical changes in consciousness and behavior have been cited as a result of similar types of practices. These conversions are usually accompanied by severe emotional releases. Once a person has been "converted" they often cannot think for themselves, and become intellectually as well as emotionally dependent upon the "guru" or "authority." Quite simply, this state of mind is a reversion to an earlier state of evolution. In such cases, thinking becomes aversive, and not thinking becomes rewarding. In most cases this process can be reversed through long and intense therapy, however, there have reportedly been some cases that were irreversible.

The one thing all of these procedures have in common is that they eliminate a person's ability to question information and use critical analysis. Brainwashing could be called an "information disease" - it is a disorder with the person's fundamental information processing such as delusion, withdrawal, and unconscious trance, not to mention a malfunction in the way the person's brain "constructs reality."

My Comments: Apparently the 'Holy Ghost' can be purchased from a farmer in Afghanistan.

Guest QuidEstCaritas?

Yeah cults utilize this stuff to maximum effect, religions only do so partially but what they do still works.

Yeah cults utilize this stuff to maximum effect, religions only do so partially but what they do still works.

I read somewhere that the religious music at the Benny Hinn 'healing ceremonies' is designed to put their audiences in an alpha state. Something about a certain beats per minute causes humans to get into a more receptive state and that they learned this from hypnotists. Of course, it could all be bullshit too. I don't know.

Guest QuidEstCaritas?

I read somewhere that the religious music at the Benny Hinn 'healing ceremonies' is designed to put their audiences in an alpha state. Something about a certain beats per minute causes humans to get into a more receptive state and that they learned this from hypnotists. Of course, it could all be bullshit too. I don't know.

It could be but even I agree with the believers that Benny Hinn is a total fake. So if he was pulling shit like that, even presuming it works, it wouldn't surprise me in the least. Sometimes I don't know whether to laugh really hard or seriously judge Benny Hinn. I have to admit it's fucking funny.

That's some mad Ninjutsu right there.

Obi-Wan: Who's the more foolish: The fool, or the fool who follows him?

It could be but even I agree with the believers that Benny Hinn is a total fake. So if he was pulling shit like that, even presuming it works, it wouldn't surprise me in the least. Sometimes I don't know whether to laugh really hard or seriously judge Benny Hinn. I have to admit it's fucking funny.

Stop...I can't breathe...that's the funniest thing I've ever seen. I'm cryin'. That's like black belt faith healing there. It's a wonder a couple of them didn't file an assault charge on him. Whack!

Thanks for that, that was better than my post.

Guest QuidEstCaritas?

You're welcome bro. Life's too short to take things seriously all the time, but you do bring up some valid and important points I actually agree with. A lot of what you are mentioning is systematicly done, it's difficult to tell exactly how and when it's systematic though. It need not be systematic to work though, it's been working for tens of thousands of years, whether done systematically or intuitively.

It helps to laugh about it though from time to time.

Pax

( see my post under Science Vs. Religion ) ...shameless plug.

Shameless plug = success. ;)

That was a fantastic comparison. I went to many many church camps throughout my childhood and teenage years, and that description of the events nails it! I wish I could show this to my family without them getting angry...honestly, I feel like people should be aware of this connection! Brainwashing is kind of not good, ya know?

That was a fantastic comparison. I went to many many church camps throughout my childhood and teenage years, and that description of the events nails it! I wish I could show this to my family without them getting angry...honestly, I feel like people should be aware of this connection! Brainwashing is kind of not good, ya know?

Maybe you could just leave it lying around :wicked: Knowledge is power. I'm going to write in short sentences because I'm still dying from that youtube

video. Need oxygen.

Guest QuidEstCaritas?

Maybe you could just leave it lying around :wicked: Knowledge is power. I'm going to write in short sentences because I'm still dying from that youtube

video. Need oxygen.

Check out the video in my sig. Before you start just make sure you get a relative to get ready to call the coroner in case you need to be toe tagged for asphyxiation.

Teh Goods, Muahahah! :pureevil:

Check out the video in my sig. Before you start just make sure you get a relative to get ready to call the coroner in case you need to be toe tagged for asphyxiation.

That's it, I'm done for the day. I've got snot and tears all over my keyboard and I may have soiled myself.

Guest QuidEstCaritas?

That's it, I'm done for the day. I've got snot and tears all over my keyboard and I may have soiled myself.

Oh yeah! :D

Apparently religion is far more sinister than we ever expected....

I've decided to stop breathing, it's too painful. I'm not getting any oxygen anyway. I've lost the sight in one eye, and the world sounds like it is made of rushing water. I'm done. Death by a youtube video...I knew it would ....go down like this.

Guest QuidEstCaritas?

I've decided to stop breathing, it's too painful. I'm not getting any oxygen anyway. I've lost the sight in one eye, and the world sounds like it is made of rushing water. I'm done. Death by a youtube video...I knew it would ....go down like this.

Yes indeed, saved from eternal hellfire by Jesus videos thou shalt perish laughing thine ass off; who ever would have thunk it?

Sometimes I don't know whether to laugh really hard or seriously judge Benny Hinn. I have to admit it's fucking funny.

Obi-Wan: Who's the more foolish: The fool, or the fool who follows him?

OMG this. So very much this. /me bookmarks link

Often the method of "brainwashing" and "indoctrination" overlap. When I studied psychology, it was curious how these methods worked. Some of it involved making the individual more and more dependant upon the source of the brainwashing until they were unable to trust their own ability at discernment. Often the method is to implant such "self-doubt" in the individual that even after the "brainwashers" have gone away, the individual will still continue to display a reluctance in trusting their own thought process.

Religious indoctrination and brainwashing is a subtle (or not so subtle) form of mental rape. Shocking, I know. There comes a time when it just has to be said.