Goodbye Jesus

Holier Than Thou Bastards

Wendybabe

Some people you meet/know just have a goodness about them. They always have a comlpiment or quick to give a word of sympathy just at the right time that makes you feel comfortable. Then there are others who seem to be exhibitionists with their "goodness". I'm thinking about this person at work who has an "air of rightousness". When they're doing something it seems to be "witnessing" for Jesus. It's exclusionary, like "You can't share in this because it doesn't concern you." I guess I'm sensetive to it because I use to do it.

I feel like telling them to take their self-righteous attitude and shove up their ass!

I'd be willing to bet that person has a major skeleton in their closet that they are just compensating for.

Some people you meet/know just have a goodness about them. They always have a comlpiment or quick to give a word of sympathy just at the right time that makes you feel comfortable. Then there are others who seem to be exhibitionists with their "goodness". I'm thinking about this person at work who has an "air of rightousness". When they're doing something it seems to be "witnessing" for Jesus. It's exclusionary, like "You can't share in this because it doesn't concern you." I guess I'm sensetive to it because I use to do it.

I feel like telling them to take their self-righteous attitude and shove up their ass!

By chance do they always make snide comments about your relationships, whether family or other?

Guest Davka

You just need to out-holy them. Be so saccharine sweet they can't stand you.

It's a particularly Southern form of passive-aggressive revenge.

They better not!

Short and to the point :lmao: I'm guessing this " air of righteousness" is a sham as well. These people are usually riddled with hypocrisy. Find the hypocrisy and expose it if you can. I’m with you, I hate this type of behavior. I always think back to Ted Haggard and how EXTREME he was. He was an in your face gay bashing, atheist bashing, liberal bashing piece of work. What did we find out about him? Wow, a homosexual affair involving drugs? There truly seems to be a connection between what these fundies most hate and what they are. Maybe all of these fundies that are trying to ‘save us’ on this site are actually looking for answers themselves. Who knows. Bottom line is I would be trying to find what they hate the most and see where that leads you. Or….just tell them to take their self-righteous attitude and shove it up their ass!

.just tell them to take their self-righteous attitude and shove it up their ass!

They might like that. They might even be out to get you to do that. :lmao:

I always think back to Ted Haggard and how EXTREME he was. He was an in your face gay bashing, atheist bashing, liberal bashing piece of work. What did we find out about him? Wow, a homosexual affair involving drugs? There truly seems to be a connection between what these fundies most hate and what they are. Maybe all of these fundies that are trying to ‘save us’ on this site are actually looking for answers themselves. Who knows.

What's that old quote from Shakespeare?-------------------------" Me thinks thou dost protest too much!" As far as the ones who come in here-------I have asked them before who they are trying to convince------us or them.

I haven't gotten an answer yet, and I've asked two or three of them now.

So damn true too. Southern bells... they have passive-aggressiveness down to a martial art.

So damn true too. Southern bells... they have passive-aggressiveness down to a martial art.

I'm tellin' ya, it's all that sweet tea we drink. :lmao:

My stepmother back home in Georgia is exactly like that, and she's got a mean streak a mile wide - except the only people who see it are people like me and my stepbrother, because we're not part of the churchy types she wants to "out-holy." My dad can't see through her and she's driven such a wedge between us that we don't even talk anymore.

I've always found it funny to see 2 or 3 of those types together, competing to see which one of them is the most pious.

I used to have to share a cubicle with a born-again fundy. I kid you not. And he was the type who wanted to debate all the time too, but he was a complete idiot.

Guest happy

I have found the worst Holier than thou Bastard you could ever meet, send him some comments and reviews so that he can read t on www.yudu.com do a search for saints and sinners by William Wade. He will reply to your messages beging you to leave him alone:) go ahead have some fun and tell him where to shove it where the sun dont shine.