Goodbye Jesus

A Few Complaints....

Mutate

A - This "everyone has pre-assumtions" thing..surely a fundamentalist Xian determined to make the evidence fit with creation has a bigger "pre-assumption" than a secular scientist who just wants to find out what happened. Are we supposed to believe that secular scientists delibratly ignore evidence for the bible because they already made their minds up to force atheism on people. What about agnostic or liberal Xian scientists, they would be open to Creation. And if it's just that they automatically look for a rational explanation than a supernatural one, why shouldn't they? Even if everyone does have pre-assumtions, surely a fundy has a much bigger and more mind-clouding pre-assumtion than a secular researcher.

B - There was a video on youtube talking about the Old Testament and how God orders rape, genocide and pillage throughout and turns a blind eye to the Isralites atrocities as long as they keep worshipping only him. (sorry, should be "Him" with a capital shouldn't it). Some Xian made a rebuttal video saying "you are trying to understand an infinite being with your finite mind, but your mind can't grasp him." AGH, I felt like banging my head against the wall.

One, it' the very fact that he's NOT acting like an infinite being that turns people off the OT - that he has all the cruelty, jealousy and ego of a finite, flawed human.

Two, if it really was nessacary for God to act in this strange way for reasons we can't understand..Why put it in the bible? Why not just keep it quiet and let history forget it? Considering that the violent history of the israelites seems to turn people off Xianity more often than it offers motivation and moral lesson for Xians, putting it in this world famous holy book surely did more harm than good.

C - Another thing..Xians always make promises they can't keep. They say to potential converts, "you'll make friends for life, you'll understand what life's for, you'll live the best life you can" Then when it all goes balls-up they say "we never promised an easy ride" "we never promised you'd understand everything".

D- And how does it always turn out that the most popular, social and attractive people at churches always turn out the most holy, most "gifted by the spirit", and the ones mature enough for leadership?

I thought Jesus liked the outcasts. I can't really complain because people made an effort with me, and befriended me. But, its always the popular people who get all the respect and seen as most holy.

E - Another thing that pisses me off is that they're always part of "the world" when it suits them. If they're in a country where its illegal to be Xian, they have no problem giving out secret bibles and secret meeting..But just you wait till they find a free speech law they can use to their advantage, then they'll milk how law-abiding they are. They'll disparage all secular science, but just wait till a fundy gets a PHd in something and then see how important and respectable secular science is all of a sudden. And they always put a self righteous voice on when taking a law or the establishment to their advantage.

F - When they talk about the sexist parts of the bible, they go on about context, interpretation etc. But have you noticed that whenever they disparage the Gnostics and the Thomas gospel, they immediatly pounce on that verse about women becoming men and shout about how sexist it is without any thought as to its possible real meanings.

As for pre-assumptions, mine was that the xian god created the universe, as I was taught from before the time I could remember, probably in six days 6000, years ago as I was taught when my family went fundy when I was still young.

I found that the evidence points otherwise.

85% of Americans are raised xian, most of them taught from before they can remember that the xian god created the universe.

I daresay that most scientists pre-assumed that the xian god created the universe.

Well ranted, Mutate!

One of my pastors was definitely into the "church show" every Sunday. That is, it was a production that was supposed to be slick and delivered with a smile. Bleah. Leaders were all businessmen. Secret meetings to cover up the mishandling of money. Zig Ziglar motivational material was common among the leaders, teaching them how to sell the gospel. BLEAH!

And the Creationism... I have a library of material still. I need to go back through and study evolution again. Biology was never one of my strong points, and there are things the Xians raise that still make me wonder.

What we have to deal with are not so much the writings that Christians claim are inspired by God but that these writings express the hearts and minds of the perverts that wrote the Bible and claimed it was inspired by God. What we find is that these people, Israelites, who claim to be led by God, believed that by raping and plundering and murdering the inhabitants of the land they themselves fled to avoid such persecution by the Egyptians, they express the will of God by their actions. Their minds are perverted against humanity and Christians have elected to participate by claiming such actions were the will of God.

It is the same mentality that drives the Islamist extremist that also adds fuel to the Christian and Jewish fanatics as well. It is this mind-set that will bring these three religions to the brink of ending life on this planet just to prove which one is right with God.