Goodbye Jesus

Hotel Bibles

PaulQ

I used to write bible criticisms in them but later took to taking them to the desk and saying: I don't want this THING in my room (cue look of disgust while I hold it as though holding a dog turd.)

Marty, I don't think they are Bronze age. More like Stone Age. Ok the NT might be Bronze Age, but not the OT. The OT is definitely Stone Age.

Well, there's evidence that the OT is actually a lot younger than previously thought, but I do believe that the Moses adventures are supposed to take place in the middle of the bronze age, circa 1500 B.C.E. or so. The OT is definitely not stone age, as the bible talks of metallurgy in ways unknown to stone age peoples. For example, iron chariots and/or swords would not have been around during the stone age.

Couldn't prove it by me with all that stuff about stoning and alike. I know you are right about the iron and bronze, but it would seem to me, instead of stoning people, they could just chop of their heads with all the knives and alike. So the mentality isn't out of the Stone Age, just the "technology".

Guest Marty

That's what stone age means. Stone was the primary material used for tools. The bronze age brought bronze tools, iron age brought knowledge of working iron, etc. Of course, they didn't use exclusively these materials within these time periods, but it reflects the common technology of the times. We might be said to be living in the silicon age, or something similar.

I decided to leave it. I figured letting it sit unused and unopened in a drawer sends a stronger message that nobody cares.

That said, I did do my favourite trick of setting the clock radio to go off, full volume, at 3:30 AM. :Duivel7:

Get a chocolate bar and a blow-dryer. Open the bible and melt the chocolate bar onto the pages. Be sure to smear it around good. Leave bible in the bathroom near the toilet. :D

How about removing all the pages and leaving a note inside the cover saying that all the true pages have been left intact. Then take all the pages and put them with your paper recyclables (or trash them if you don't have convenient recycling).

Burn them sucker!

Well, maybe not. I normally take them and throw them in the garbage. Not the hotel garbage since they'd just put 'em back up, but take them home and send them to a nice big garbage dump. I would burn them, but it's illegal to burn garbage where I live.