Goodbye Jesus

If God Made His Existence Known, Meaning Satan, Hell, Heaven, All Existed, Who Would You Worship?

DarthOkkata

Guest Babylonian Dream

Interesting!

So according to the scriptures, Satan is responsible for Free Will.

Without a knowledge of good and evil, there can be no Free Will in choosing one over the other.

Most people seem to think that Free Will is a good thing.

Paradoxically the christians sometimes believe god made free will and wanted us to have it and not have it.

Free will and having my own mind is far more important to me than worshipping some sadistic evil god.

Free will had to exist before the Garden our else how did Satan rebel?

That's right.

And it also shows that angels and demons have free will as well.

And they have the benefit to actually know, not just believe, about God. They have all the facts, we don't.

So what is so special about human free will? And why are we punished for not making the right choice when we have not been provided by facts? Why are we punished for using our free will based on the current available knowledge we have? If it's so important, God should provide evidence if our choice is so important. Every important choice is based on correct and reasonable evidence. That's why all of religion is based on belief in things we can't see or explain. But then why would we be punished? Free will is only usable if we can make informed choices.

My response: fuck them both. I will not be cowed by fear into worship ever again.

Now if I get a better offer than just plain fear, well that's another matter.

Back when my faith was fading there would be days or hours when I believed fully and other days and hours when I didn't believe it very much. I wonder why God didn't have the compassion to kill me during an hour I still believed. He must have known I'd come to this.

Well, I think Satan would probably be more merciful than God, so I think if I'm going to defy anybody it will be him. God on the other hand would have me tortured for all eternity if I don't worship him, so I guess it'll be his butt I'll be kissing to avoid his genicidal wrath. I guess it depends on which being is the more powerful. In that case they must be about equal, because God hasn't been able to deal with Satan. Oh well, in that case, I guess I'll worship neither of them and continue to be free.

That's right.

And they have the benefit to actually know, not just believe, about God. They have all the facts, we don't.

So what is so special about human free will? And why are we punished for not making the right choice when we have not been provided by facts? Why are we punished for using our free will based on the current available knowledge we have? If it's so important, God should provide evidence if our choice is so important. Every important choice is based on correct and reasonable evidence. That's why all of religion is based on belief in things we can't see or explain. But then why would we be punished? Free will is only usable if we can make informed choices.

I was saying earlier that immortality may play a part in why Satan rebelled, and why we won't when we are raised up on judgment. Then, I read your response, and thought of another scenario.

Maybe we are just in the middle of God wars. :lol: Seriously though, maybe the angelic host was God's original (obviously before we were made), and when Satan rebelled, others went with him(demons, etc).

Maybe they are waiting and will fight God, and Earth is where they stay. That would be Biblical?

So, they had freewill, rebelled because they got bored of God and heaven because they been around immortally, then decieved us, and now the kicker.

God put us on Earth to go through the fire of living in these confines, and when we are dead, whatever our faith is when we die, will transcend into afterlife, and we will be so excited about immortality, and reminded of our atrocities on Earth that we will never disobey God in the immortal realm, hence we would be redeemed of God, special.

Well, maybe us Christians are a little special after all. :woohoo:

Unless, we don't pass the Earth test :vent:

That's right.

I was saying earlier that immortality may play a part in why Satan rebelled, and why we won't when we are raised up on judgment. Then, I read your response, and thought of another scenario.

Maybe we are just in the middle of God wars. :lol: Seriously though, maybe the angelic host was God's original (obviously before we were made), and when Satan rebelled, others went with him(demons, etc).

Maybe they are waiting and will fight God, and Earth is where they stay. That would be Biblical?

So, they had freewill, rebelled because they got bored of God and heaven because they been around immortally, then decieved us, and now the kicker.

God put us on Earth to go through the fire of living in these confines, and when we are dead, whatever our faith is when we die, will transcend into afterlife, and we will be so excited about immortality, and reminded of our atrocities on Earth that we will never disobey God in the immortal realm, hence we would be redeemed of God, special.

Well, maybe us Christians are a little special after all. :woohoo:

Unless, we don't pass the Earth test :vent:

Very clever Abi..:)

Very clever Abi..:)

Just doing my job :lol: Gotta mix things up a bit

But when believers get to heaven they're supposed to be immortal (what else could "eternal" mean?), so what's to keep them from getting "bored of God and heaven"?

But when believers get to heaven they're supposed to be immortal (what else could "eternal" mean?), so what's to keep them from getting "bored of God and heaven"?

Just a hunch. :shrug:

It's like a rich person born into money, and a poor person that has had nothing all their life switching places. That is how I visualized it being.

The main problem I and many others would have with the question is how exactly would god make his presence known? That pretty much sums up my objection to the whole god concept. Then the question is would I rather worship god or satan? Since I don't have any idea what those concepts are, I'd have to pass on that one. We know what earthly suffering and earthly pleasure are. We don't have any concept of unearthly, unending pleasure and unearthly, unending pain. What does it mean to say, 'It's like earthly pleasure, but infinitely greater!' :scratch: Or, 'It's like burning, but you're on fire forever!' :lmao: Wouldn't your knees get tired of all the kneeling and worshipping? What do you need a mansion for in heaven? Why is unending worship described as pleasure, an hour or two in church and I'm exhausted. So since we have no idea what these concepts mean or how they relate to us as humans, I'd be hard pressed to say one is better than the other.

Just a hunch. :shrug:

It's like a rich person born into money, and a poor person that has had nothing all their life switching places. That is how I visualized it being.

"All their life" of some 70 years would be barely remembered at the 1,000,000,000,000,000,000th year, wouldn't it? It would essentially be like having always been in heaven.

• 2 months later...

Oh noes! The thread is jumping on it's own!

Seeing the myth of lucifer rebelling and taking a third (which btw is a load of crap as lucifer was a real person and only some mental gymnastics ties some OT fairy tales to the later delusions of john the psychedelic toad licking prophets ramblings to equal satan, another time I may feel inclined to educate you on the nuances of hebrew)

What is there to stop any remaining mythical angels rebelling again? Did god remove their free will or have you woo woos not really thought this through?

Seeing gawd created everything perfect, I guess he fucked up with teh angels as well as with humanity. satan can do no wrong it seems as he needs gods permission to come fuck with us mortals, ever read Job?

Oh and why does teh debbul only seem to affect xians/theists? I'll tell you why, no it is not because we heathen on on teh debbuls side, it is because you theists are still locked into a mind-fuck (read:delusion aka brainwashing) and what you create in your own minds as to the reality of an imaginary god, and his arch enemies is why demons and satan mess with your mind.

Lastly, if each of the cast out angels became demons, stands to reason, they are outnumbered 2:1 so unless I have my math wrong, it does seem the theists debbuls and deemuns are still more powerful than your gawd.

Or maybe it is all a load of hogwash like most of us have come to realize.

See, trying to use scare tactics with us heathen does not work, we don't believe in your gawd(s), your debbuls nor your deemuns.

NEXT!

I'd be forced to choose God.

I don't want to go to hell.

And it's not like you can resist the son of a bitch. He's not a man, like Hitler or Mussolini or Stalin or King George III or whoever else. He's fucking God. And you can't do shit.

Satan's fucked, so if you follow satan, you're fucked too.

Those are the stark terms, there's no way to worm your way around it. Which is why I truly hope the God of the fundamentalists is not real.

I'd be forced to choose God.

I don't want to go to hell. Salvation is an offer I can't refuse, the worst fucking protection racket in all the cosmos.

And it's not like you can resist the son of a bitch. He's not a man, like Hitler or Mussolini or Stalin or King George III or whoever else. He's fucking God. And you can't do shit.

Satan's fucked, so if you follow satan, you're fucked too.

Those are the stark terms, there's no way to worm your way around it. Which is why I truly hope the God of the fundamentalists is not real.

I would worship neither. Biblegod is a bully, and he created Satan. Neither are worth my time, and if real, I'd rather burn than bow. And fuck you Abi, I have thought about it. Nothing your god can do to me that hasn't been done by christians.

It's all highly hypothetical anyway, but I made my mind up long ago, even if this petty god exists, he's not worth my cowering.

• 2 years later...

I voted that neither is worthy of worship, for two reasons.

1. The bible is gods book and I don't believe a word he says (even if he did exist). I want to hear the other guys opinion first.

2. Nobody is worthy of worship, fullstop. It's degrading to both me and the object of worship.

I admire Satan's basic honesty of purpose as well as enjoying the music his guys make a lot more than hymns.

I think I'd really want to sit down with the both and see if we could hash it out. I'm a good salesman and I've played peacemaker for powerful people before... there's nothing God or Satan could have against each other that a couple of mellow joints and some Cheetos couldn't solve. I bet God knows where to get the dankest nugs, too.

And all I'd want for fixing the whole universe is a threesome with Mary and Jezebel... that's not too much to ask, is it?

Neither one. They are both equally corrupt. The only difference between the character of Yahweh and the character of Satan is that Yahweh just has more power. The two of them are both villains within the story, fighting each other for dominance, with the humans getting caught in the crossfire.

• 6 months later...

I haven't read all the posts, but here's my two cents. If they were real I would need a few questions to be answered first, and I would need to finish reading the bible cover to cover.

Which version of the bible is more accurate?

Was there anything taken out of the official bibles that should have been left in? There is such a thing as lying by ommision.

Which version of Christianity is the most accurate? Different sects have their own interpretation of the bible.

Why did he leave the tree in the middle of Eden where Adam and Eve could eat it? If it was learning the difference between good and evil that got them kicked out, does that mean it is ok to sin if you don't know or learn you're sinning? That is what this implies to me. That would fit in well with the justification that those that don't know about Jesus get a free pass to go into heaven but if you heard and reject you are shit out of luck. 

Was it really Satan who tempted Eve?

What did humanity do specifically that called for flooding the whole world?

What is the unforgivable sin? 

What was Satan's concerns about your rule?

Those are a few at the top of my head, and I'd also have questions for Satan as well. God doesn't seem like questions or doubt, so he'll most likely reject me. From what I'm seeing, both sides don't place a high value on human life. I agree with Crazyguy123

"If God Made His Existence Known, Meaning Satan, Hell, Heaven, All Existed, Who Would You Worship?"

Well, I guess God, for the moment. Then I would search for his boss.

• Like 1

Is worship mere lip service?  If I go though the motions does that count?  It's a double bind to demand somebody feels an emotion that they don't actually experience.

• Like 1

If there were a real eternal hell and god controlled who went? I'm a chicken. I would pick god and fake

it the best I could.