Goodbye Jesus

Conn. Church Creates Stir With Gay Exorcism Video

hereticzero

Conn. church creates stir with gay exorcism video

By JOHN CHRISTOFFERSEN Associated Press Writer The Associated Press

Wednesday, June 24, 2009 1:59 PM EDT

BRIDGEPORT, Conn. (AP) — The video shows the 16-year-old boy lying on the floor, his body convulsing, as elders of a small Connecticut church cast a "homosexual demon" from his body.

"Rip it from his throat!" a woman yells. "Come on, you homosexual demon! You homosexual spirit, we call you out right now! Loose your grip, Lucifer!"

The 20-minute video posted on YouTube by Manifested Glory Ministries is being called abuse by gay and youth advocates, who are demanding an investigation. But a church official this week denied that the teenager was injured or that the church is prejudiced.

"We believe a man should be with a woman and a woman should be with a man," the Rev. Patricia McKinney told The Associated Press. "We have nothing against homosexuals. I just don't agree with their lifestyle."

The church posted the video on YouTube but has since removed it; it is still available on some Web sites that copied it. The church declined to make the video available for distribution by The Associated Press.

It shows church members standing the youth on his feet by holding him under his arms, and people shouting as organ music plays.

"Come out of his belly," someone commands. "It's in the belly — push."

Later, the teenager is back on the floor, breathing heavily. Then he's coughing and apparently vomiting into a bag.

"Get another bag," a participant says. "Make sure you have your gloves."

As the youth lay back on the ground, limp, church members put a white sheet over him.

It's nearly impossible to say how often similar exercises occur in churches nationwide. But Kamora Herrington, who runs a mentoring program at True Colors and has worked with the youth, said she believes it's fairly common.

"This happens all the time," she said. "This is not isolated."

Robin McHaelin, executive director of True Colors, an advocacy group for gay youths, said her organization is aware of five cases in recent years in which youths in her program were threatened with exorcism.

In one case, she said, a child called to report that his caregiver had called a priest who was throwing holy water on his bedroom door.

"I think it's horrifying," McHaelin said of the video by Manifested Glory. "What saddens me is the people that are doing this think they are doing something in the kid's best interests, when in fact they're murdering his spirit."

McHaelin said she planned to report the situation to the Connecticut Department of Children and Families. An agency spokesman said the agency does not comment on complaints or investigations.

"They have this kid in a full nelson," she said. "That just seems abusive to me."

McKinney said the youth was 18. The boy confirmed he is 16 but otherwise declined to comment, citing the advice of his pastor.

McHaelin said the boy told her staff that the church performed the ritual three times at his request. She said the boy has been engaging in risky behavior that she blames on the church's treatment.

McKinney said the youth went to the church last year and collapsed on the floor during a service.

"He was out of control in the church," she said. "This young man came to us. We didn't go to him."

McKinney denied the ritual was an exorcism, describing it instead as a casting out of spirits. She said the church took care of the youth, providing him clothes.

"He was dressing like a woman and everything. And he didn't want to be like that," McKinney said.

The teen had been in reform school for stealing but was eager to get out and go to the church to have what he thought were his demons driven out, Herrington said.

Exodus International, a Christian group that believes gays can become straight through prayer and counseling, does not advocate the church's approach, said Jeff Buchanan, director of church equipping.

The Rev. Roland Stringfellow, a minister in Oakland, Calif., said he was subject to demon casting in the 1990s when he was at a Baptist church and was struggling with his sexuality. He said he was put in front of the church as members shouted "demon of homosexuality come out of him."

"It caused nothing but shame and embarrassment," Stringfellow said.

McKinney also has a weekly radio program. She talked on Wednesday's program about being "persecuted" in recent days but did not mention the video specifically.

"It's been a hard time for me, but I'm looking good and I'm standing strong because when you have a mandate like mine you're not going to say what you want without the adversary coming after you," she said. "If you are a true prophet you're not going to be popular with the people."

———

On the Web:

Manifested Glory Ministries: manifestedgloryministries.com/

True Colors: www.ourtruecolors.org/

I have seldom read anything in this country, concerning the church or stories of torture, as horrifying as this story! I feel sorry for the kid. The people performing this exorcism should be arrested and locked away for child abuse, torture, and unlawful restraint. This church, Manifested Glory Ministries, should be closed and its doors nailed shut for allowing this boy to be tortured the way he was. He is definitely going to have some major psych problems when he grows up.

If the teenager came to them it was because he was programmed to go to a church for such an exorcism. This is how far the church can reach our youth through brain washing into believing their lifestyle is wrong. The boy should have been sent home to discuss his sexuality with his parents or a mental health provider, and not become a victim of a three-ring circus!

So, come on out Christian scum and defend your faith that allows such torture upon teenagers!

Notice the good reverend Patricia McKinney says, "we have nothing against homosexuals. I just don't agree with their lifestyle."

She doesn't agree with the lifestyle so she is willing to allow this torture to happen in her church. Christians do not need to be born again, they do really need to grow up! And, in this case, go to jail!

McHaelin said the boy told her staff that the church performed the ritual three times at his request. She said the boy has been engaging in risky behavior that she blames on the church's treatment.

That's odd. You mean it didn't work the first two? And he went back? I think they are casting out the wrong demon. They need to cast out the demon of sadomasicism.

McKinney said the youth was 18. The boy confirmed he is 16 but otherwise declined to comment, citing the advice of his pastor.

This is further evidence the boy is being manipulated by the church and being told to keep his mouth shut to protect his torturers.

McKinney denied the ritual was an exorcism, describing it instead as a casting out of spirits.

And, the reverend is lying through her teeth. This is exactly how an exorcism is performed.

McKinney also has a weekly radio program. She talked on Wednesday's program about being "persecuted" in recent days but did not mention the video specifically.

She should not be persecuted, she should be prosecuted!

A friend of mine went through an exorcism for being bi-polar. When it didn't work she was kicked out of her house; she was 16 when this happened. After rejecting the Christian faith, she has regained some control over her life and is at least somewhat functional without medication. However, parts of the exorcism has made her unable to have children. She hasn't explained everything to me, but her cervix was damaged to the point that she has had 8 miscarriages around 8 weeks gestation because at that point its too much for the cervix to remain closed. What part of an exorcism for bi-polar disorder involves penetration, I don't want to know. Needless to say, its incredible abusive emotionally to be exorcised and the damages can last for the rest of your life. I absolutely hate people who try to rationalize this barbaric, evil tradition inflicted on people who don't fit their perfect christian model. It makes me want to cry and throw up at the same time. That poor boy.

I didn't see the video, but what I read about it was frightening appalling!

More evidence that Christians are superstious shitbags.

She should not be persecuted, she should be prosecuted!

Yes. She needs to spend... Oh, twenty or thirty years in jail ought to do it.

A friend of mine went through an exorcism for being bi-polar. When it didn't work she was kicked out of her house; she was 16 when this happened. After rejecting the Christian faith, she has regained some control over her life and is at least somewhat functional without medication. However, parts of the exorcism has made her unable to have children. She hasn't explained everything to me, but her cervix was damaged to the point that she has had 8 miscarriages around 8 weeks gestation because at that point its too much for the cervix to remain closed. What part of an exorcism for bi-polar disorder involves penetration, I don't want to know. Needless to say, its incredible abusive emotionally to be exorcised and the damages can last for the rest of your life. I absolutely hate people who try to rationalize this barbaric, evil tradition inflicted on people who don't fit their perfect christian model. It makes me want to cry and throw up at the same time. That poor boy.

EEKK. I'm going to have to look that up. :twitch:

EEKK. I'm going to have to look that up. :twitch:

Seems that it was because they believed the demon that made her bi-polar was an incubus. It was also blamed for her being 'sexually active' with her boyfriend. Her mom belongs to what is essentially a cult. They used a vial of holy water to cleanse the area of demonic entry. What the fuck ever.

You really don't want to see it- or at least not what I saw in that news clip of it. They are hurting him, being abusive, physically and psychologically. It is really horrid.

So, come on out Christian scum and defend your faith that allows such torture upon teenagers!

Depends on which doctrine :shrug:

1 Cor 5:6-8

6 Your glorying is not good. Do you not know that a little leaven leavens the whole lump?

7 Therefore purge out the old leaven, that you may be a new lump, since you truly are unleavened. For indeed Christ, our Passover, was sacrificed for us.

8 Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, nor with the leaven of malice and wickedness, but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.

(NKJ)

The whole one whole apple ruins the whole bunch, so just kick them out of church.

1 Cor 6:18-20

18 Flee sexual immorality. Every sin that a man does is outside the body, but he who commits sexual immorality sins against his own body.

19 Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own?

20 For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God's.

(NKJ)

The whole abomination thing attached to homosexual relationships.

Luke 5:30-32

30 And their scribes and the Pharisees complained against His disciples, saying, "Why do You eat and drink with tax collectors and sinners?"

31 Jesus answered and said to them, "Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick.

32 "I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners, to repentance."

(NKJ)

The, ..come on in, have a seat, we love you the way you come doctrine.

Mark 16:9

9 Now when He rose early on the first day of the week, He appeared first to Mary Magdalene, out of whom He had cast seven demons.

(NKJ)

And the doctrine in the article.

Guest ephymeris

Here's a link to the full video.

That's just one big church o' stupid. Both the exorcists and guy rolling around on the floor who appears to be playing along.

I'm watching it. At about 3 minutes into the video, though, it looks like the guy who is standing over the young man who is receiving the exorcism

puts his hand around the 16 year old's throat and starts shaking him

.* The video is kind of grainy, so I can't really tell what's going on there, but is that what's happening? I also saw the part where the woman in the yellow shirt with the microphone

steps on the young man's chest with her high heeled shoes

.* The whole scene is just fucking disgusting.

*I blocked these parts out in case someone would get triggered by them. They depict scenes of physical abuse.

Seriously, this looks like regular Sunday meeting in my old church. No kidding. I've seen it, first hand, and had demons cast out of me... but there were never any physical contact or violence to this degree.

I wached half the full video. I feel sick. I see this often at my church but not as bad. I am absolutely horrified but this.

That's just one big church o' stupid. Both the exorcists and guy rolling around on the floor who appears to be playing along.

Pardon me if I don't see the full video. The clip was bad enough to watch. :( I feel sorry for that boy. It's going to need some serious psychological help.

Exorcisms often involve physical abuse.

The whole one whole apple ruins the whole bunch, so just kick them out of church.
Ah yes, the No True Scotsman fallacy because true Christians never do anything bad ever.

The whole abomination thing attached to homosexual relationships.
So, do you approve of this gay exorcism?

I don't wanna watch the video, but it doesn't surprise me this stuff happens one bit. I'm still trying to get over not liking gays because of how I was raised. I was raised to be racist too, which is kinda sad if you think about it.