Goodbye Jesus

God And Favoritism

RubyHypatia

Romans 2:11 (NIV) For God does not show favoritism.

I'm planning on making this verse the topic of my next YouTube video. When I was a Christian, I had a very hard time believing this verse. Of course God plays favorites! He has a "chosen people." God in the O.T. has no love for gentiles. In Leviticus 25 God expresses their value as slave labor. How often did God sanction their murder? And God obviously liked men better than women as he gave men more rights and power over women. I'm sure there are other examples of God playing favorites.

Treated his boy with a little favoritism too.

I'm sure a fundy could give you some far-fetched, long winded explanation for why its not favoritism like they do with everything else.

I'm sure a fundy could give you some far-fetched, long winded explanation for why its not favoritism like they do with everything else.

Yes, they can spindoctor like no one's business.

I also recall that God had a dislike for disabled people, wouldn't let them in the temple. Anyone know the verses? And something about crushed testicles. But then in the N.T. it was OK to cut them off. Go figure!

Of course there is favoritism. Only American Christians are going to heaven, whereas the European Christians are going to hell simply for having been born in Europe.

• Super Moderator
I also recall that God had a dislike for disabled people, wouldn't let them in the temple. Anyone know the verses? And something about crushed testicles. But then in the N.T. it was OK to cut them off. Go figure!

Is this what you're thinking?

Leviticus 21:16-23 (New International Version)

16 The LORD said to Moses, 17 "Say to Aaron: 'For the generations to come none of your descendants who has a defect may come near to offer the food of his God. 18 No man who has any defect may come near: no man who is blind or lame, disfigured or deformed; 19 no man with a crippled foot or hand, 20 or who is hunchbacked or dwarfed, or who has any eye defect, or who has festering or running sores or damaged testicles. 21 No descendant of Aaron the priest who has any defect is to come near to present the offerings made to the LORD by fire. He has a defect; he must not come near to offer the food of his God. 22 He may eat the most holy food of his God, as well as the holy food; 23 yet because of his defect, he must not go near the curtain or approach the altar, and so desecrate my sanctuary. I am the LORD, who makes them holy. '

• Super Moderator
Of course there is favoritism. Only American Christians are going to heaven, whereas the European Christians are going to hell simply for having been born in Europe.

Even most American christians are going to hell, according to the True Believers of the True Denomination (whatever the hell that is!).

:lmao::Doh::loser::lmao:

Is this what you're thinking?

Leviticus 21:16-23 (New International Version)

16 The LORD said to Moses, 17 "Say to Aaron: 'For the generations to come none of your descendants who has a defect may come near to offer the food of his God. 18 No man who has any defect may come near: no man who is blind or lame, disfigured or deformed; 19 no man with a crippled foot or hand, 20 or who is hunchbacked or dwarfed, or who has any eye defect, or who has festering or running sores or damaged testicles. 21 No descendant of Aaron the priest who has any defect is to come near to present the offerings made to the LORD by fire. He has a defect; he must not come near to offer the food of his God. 22 He may eat the most holy food of his God, as well as the holy food; 23 yet because of his defect, he must not go near the curtain or approach the altar, and so desecrate my sanctuary. I am the LORD, who makes them holy. '

Yes, Buffettphan, that is the passage I was thinking about. So let me get this straight. God's perfect person is male, hebrew, and without any handicaps. All these qualities are beyond anyone's control so it doesn't make sense why a perfect, loving god would hold them against people.

• Super Moderator
Yes, Buffettphan, that is the passage I was thinking about. So let me get this straight. God's perfect person is male, hebrew, and without any handicaps. All these qualities are beyond anyone's control so it doesn't make sense why a perfect, loving god would hold them against people.

Sure hope god enjoys his own company. According to his own imperfect stupid design, he's going to be awfully lonely in that perfect heaven of his. Good thing it's all a myth.

More about God's perfect person. Upon reading more of Leviticus, I know that God's favorite people were Levite priests who worked in the temple. The Israelites were to "consider them holy." (Lev. 21:8) They even had special rights. (Lev. 25:32-34) And the best person was the high priest. He was so special he could only marry virgins, and he didn't ever have to go near a dead person. The book of Leviticus was written by priests, obviously, and they sure did set themselves up a good life. I wonder if they weren't considered upper-class. One thing's for darn sure, the people who wrote Leviticus were quite anal, just read it for yourself and you'll see what I mean.

Doesn't the bible also say only 144,000 xtians will be saved and all of them are men, so there will be no women in heaven?

Doesn't the bible also say only 144,000 xtians will be saved and all of them are men, so there will be no women in heaven?

Christians will interpret the 144,000 however they like. We know the biblical writers often disagreed with each other. Maybe John, the writer of Revelation, who thought he was living in the end time, thought only Jews would be saved, 12,000 from each tribe of Israel. It's possible he didn't share Paul's passion for converting Gentiles. And like you say, all 144,000 are men as none were "defiled by women." Could it be John was a misogynist along with being anti-gentile?

Guest October s Autumn

God in the O.T. has no love for gentiles.

Your point is quite valid, imo. After his conversion, Jesus shows a great deal of love for gentiles.

You also have to include that they have to virgin and of Semitic descent.