Goodbye Jesus

Dealing With Some Issues...

jason197754

Ok. I just found out that they are cutting my disability check off totally. And Im working but I only make 8.30 an hour and they only give me 20 hours a week or so. I need a new/better job. Any ideas or suggestions?

And I'm living with my mom right now. She's about 54 years old but is a problem drinker/alocholic. And she knows that they're cutting my disability check and she has gotten unbearable to live with. But I don't know where else to go to live. She didn't even let me go to my dad's father's funeral when I was growing up. I moved back in with my mom almost 4 years ago. But i hate it now!!!!!!!!!!! She is a B***c!!!!! And I want to move somewhere else or something.

Any ideas or advice what I should do?

Jason

Have you checked your local county/city resources? I've never heard of disability being cut off! (I've got a bum ticker.) I know with the economy in the shitter, government help is getting spread thin.

Combined resources, in the form of room-mates, might be an option. Hit Craigslist and see who answers.

It's a bad time to be poor.

As for a job, shoot out resumes and phone calls to any and all. It's a rough time in this country to be unemployed, but you never know when you'll get a bite.

Jason,

It's time to take a logical approach to your life, if you're ever going to find peace and contentment.

Financially, you need to live within your means. If all you can make is $8.30/hour at 20 hours per week, work within that budget. Without knowing what your disability is, I can only tell you what I would do if I were in your shoes. If you're able to, ride a bike for transportation. You could get years of service from a $50 second-hand bike, versus a month or so taking public transit. It will also give you the freedom of not needing to work around their schedule, and you get exercise.

When looking for a place to live, consider all your options. Maybe there's a friend or relative who could use some extra cash and company who would rent out a room within your means. Above all else, don't be frightened off by the prospect of moving; it's easier than you think. The trick is to find a place where you can attain gainful employment, but at the same time offers inexpensive real estate (which translates to cheaper rent). You'll have to do your homework on this one. Here's a site to get you started:

http://www.moving.com/articles/americas-be...able-places.asp

You'll need to accept the fact that you'll have to live in a less-than-glamorous town or city, but once you've settled in, you'll realize all sorts of benefits.