Goodbye Jesus

I Have A Problem

Normally, when I log into Ex-C, I stay logged in for quite awhile. I can come back the next morning and I'm still logged in. Lately however, within the last 2 weeks, something changed, although I did not change anything. Actually, I did update my browser (safari), maybe that made the change.

Anyway, what is happening is that I do not stay logged in now for long at all. In fact, I had to re-log in after I made a post in News forum, then came here to post about this, and yet had to re-log in to have my post actually post! So between the time I logged in to how long it took me to write these 2 paragraphs I got kicked out again.

Any thoughts?

• Super Moderator

It's demons.

I also use Safari but haven't updated it. As long as something is still working, I don't update. Learned that the hard way from Windows days. The first version of anything from Mac usually doesn't work either, but once the bugs are out (usually a year after the too-early release) they are reliable. Perhaps it was the Safari update. Check a Mac forum for any buzz on it.

Guest Marty

I thought it had something to do with my cookies settings, even though they didn't change. I googled the problem and found others on mac forums that are experiencing the same thing, but their fixes did not solve mine.

Anyway, I changed my cookies setting from "accept only from sites I navigate to" and changed it TO "always accept cookies", and then came back here. Well, I didn't have to re-log in, even though it had been 20 minutes since I last logged in here. Maybe it is just a bug with that particular setting, or something that is incompatible with the Ex-C code and that particular browser setting.

Do you have a floating IP address? I view the site from the office, from my laptop and from home. Each time I change where I view from (new IP address) I have to relog.

Guest Marty

I do that too, but this happens even when I'm sitting on this site reading a post, I get kicked off. In fact, whatever I thought worked, didn't, cause I had to re-log to post this.

I think it has something to do with the code that describes a null value for the cookie or something. Don't know what I was reading, but it seems there is an incompatibility with certain sites the way they fill out their cookie data and the way Safari reads it.

I just reported it to apple, even though I know they are aware of what is going on...

My laptop kept turning itself off when I was here. I thought it was God saving me, but it did it on another site as well.