Goodbye Jesus

Proud Of My Son

PaulQ

My son is 10. I've played the Santa Claus and Tooth Fairy game with him along with my wife. At the same time, I've taught him that some things are "Make Believe" while others are real. I would never actually tell him the Tooth Fairy or Santa Claus was real or not; rather, I'd encourage him to think about it and decide for himself.

My son was over at mother-in-law's, talking about the teeth he recently lost and going on about how much the tooth fairy would give him. That's when his uncle Ted told him, "You know the tooth fairy isn't real." To that he answered, "I know, I just like playing make believe. The tooth fairy is like Jesus, you like to pretend Jesus is real, and I like to pretend the tooth fairy is real." Uncle Ted isn't as smart as my son, although he's in his late 20's. Instead of arguing and losing the argument to a 10 year old, he complained about this to his mother, who chastised my son and forbid him from discussing religion in her house.

When my son came home and told me about it, I told him how proud I was of him for thinking for himself.

Congrats on your son. I certainly wish that I had been properly educated like that when I was a child. I can only imagine how different my life would have turned out if I hadn't been brainwashed with superstition for so long.

Excellent observation by the kid!

It's good that your kid has already got rid of any notions of Christ, but I'm a little bit more concerned that he would say something like that. Granted, the religion sucks, but for him to say that in front of family seems pretty odd. I think the notion of Christ is bullocks to, but sometimes you shouldn't say it in such an offensive manner.

It's good that your kid has already got rid of any notions of Christ, but I'm a little bit more concerned that he would say something like that. Granted, the religion sucks, but for him to say that in front of family seems pretty odd. I think the notion of Christ is bullocks to, but sometimes you shouldn't say it in such an offensive manner.

Really? He's 10, they don't always have the filters we do, and good! Good gravy.

Man, I bet you wished you had been a fly on the wall to see that Paul.

• Super Moderator

Out of the mouths of babes....

Yes indeed, Be Proud!

Congratulations to both of you! Independent thinking! That's a good sign.

Seems like your son has figured out what well educated grown adults have not.

The Tooth Fairy isn't real??? :eek:

OH SHI-