Goodbye Jesus

What?

chefranden

What happened to the old board?

I don't suppose I can get the old look back?

Old people are so easily confused you know.

I don't mind the new board so much.

but I can't figure out how to view the latest updates of the blogs. Some direction on this would be appreciated.

Guest Marty

I hate this new look. Really, really hate it. Terribly hard on my eyes...and I'm only 32.

PLEASE change it. Doesn't have to be back to the old way, just something other than this.

Guest Marty

For one thing the quotes boxes don't exist anymore, and that is really confusing me. I can't tell what is an original thought or what is a quote.

ARGGH, I'll come back tomorrow when I'm not drunk! :)

Yikes!!! I'm traumatized! I'm sure I will adapt, but my first reaction is to want to go back to the old look. I guess I don't handle change all that well. :sad:

• Super Moderator

Change! Oh noes!!!!!

Some graphics aren't displaying, but no biggie. I'm old and befuddled anyway, so it may take some time but I'll get used to it.

I liked the old setup better. But I ain't gonna lose any sleep over it.

It's so bright! I don't like it but whatever.

I'm not liking the look and I don't like the fact that my "reputation" is -1, poor!!

Oh dear. I'm sorry ephymeris but I think I may have caused your reputation to read -1. I was trying to get that stupid box out of the way so I could read all of the text and I thought clicking on the minus sign would minimize the damn thing!!! I'll go back and try to give you some pluses!!! I never knew we had good or bad reputations on ex-c!!!! Yikes!!!!!!! Just shoot me!

• Like 1

Guest ephymeris

I'm not liking the look and I don't like the fact that my "reputation" is -1, poor!!

Oh dear. I'm sorry ephymeris but I think I may have caused your reputation to read -1. I was trying to get that stupid box out of the way so I could read all of the text and I thought clicking on the minus sign would minimize the damn thing!!! I'll go back and try to give you some pluses!!! I never knew we had good or bad reputations on ex-c!!!! Yikes!!!!!!! Just shoot me!

LOL that's okay! Don't sweat it! I just thought I pissed someone off! I don't really care about my reputation, I was just confused. I rated myself at 5 stars just to make up for it! Why does it matter? I dunno!! It just caught my attention as a big red badge of shame when I logged in :)

LOL that's okay! Don't sweat it! I just thought I pissed someone off! I don't really care about my reputation, I was just confused. I rated myself at 5 stars just to make up for it! Why does it matter? I dunno!!

O.K. Now you're neutral!!!! What a hoot. I see this could get very ugly very fast!

Now I double posted. I am soooooo out of control. I need a drink!!! Is this proof positve that I am too old to change?

Guest ephymeris

Now I double posted. I am soooooo out of control. I need a drink!!! Is this proof positve that I am too old to change?

OK, I'm seriously lol'ing now!!! I can't even figure out HOW you ruined my reputation :P How funny :D

• Super Moderator

Noob, I saw the rating on Ephemyris and you probably shouldn't be talking to her. I think a good old fashioned shunning is in order.

Noob, I saw the rating on Ephemyris and you probably shouldn't be talking to her. I think a good old fashioned shunning is in order.

But, it was MY fault! What a n00b! She added me as a friend, so I think I have been forgiven. I'll probably screw up a few more things before I get this new format figured out!

I'm changing my mind. I like the new quote boxes with the different colors for different levels of quotes. And the text in the boxes is easier to read. And I like the insert link button better. I never did figure out what that last link button was supposed to be looking like.

• Like 2

The new quotes are cool. As others have said, it will take some getting used to.

I doubt I'll get used to the fact that we can no longer see who posted the topic until it is first clicked on. Likewise, it's a pain that we can't just jump to the last post, but have to go to the first post in the topic first and navigate there.

Are there any fixes for these two problems Dave?

Thanks

• Like 1

Guest Marty

Another Plus is that I seem to stay logged on now! :)

Vigile, we can still skip to the last post, but the link has changed to the date in the far right column. Just click that and your at the end!

Ugh, change!! Oh well, I'll spend most of the day just getting used to this

So, we have a rating system for members now? We used to have one at an anime forum I used to post at but it caused some short lived drama and was eventually scrapped. I hope it won't cause any drama here. Does anyone else have any problems with loading posts? It's like every time I posted something, it never loads even though I can see it's clearly posted when I open another tab to check if it's posted.

The new forum is taking a bit to get used to...

Another Plus is that I seem to stay logged on now! :)

Vigile, we can still skip to the last post, but the link has changed to the date in the far right column. Just click that and your at the end!

That only works from the main forum page. If you click on the "view new content" link it gives you RSS links that force you to go to the first post first.

We used to be able to click on a "go to unread posts" link that let you see all posts you haven't yet read. Now it's RSS with the problem mentioned above. I don't like going to the main forum page because it only shows the last post in each section. If I want to see all posts I've not yet read I would have to open each forum. This is an extra drag on the server and really a pain in the ass.

I hate to complain as I know Dave is always looking to improve the site. Hopefully this is just considered constructive commentary as it's intended to be.

When I click "View New Content", and then click on the title itself for the topic, I automatically get to the last/newest posts in that thread. In the old forum it took you to the first. It doesn't do that for you Vig?

Change! Oh noes!!!!!

Damn you, Florduh. Beat me to it. :P

I'm not seeing anything to throw too much of a fit about. Most things are still more or less in the same place (though the graphic might be slightly different), and the status updates are kind of cool. I don't imagine it'll take too long to adapt for the rest of us non-fogies.