Goodbye Jesus

Big C

Max

I just found out yesterday that I've got a tumor on my colon that has to come out, quickly. All-in-all, the prognosis sounds pretty good. The surgeon thinks he can scope it, and it appears to be limited in extent without involvement of other organs. And apparently, you don't really need all of your large intestine for anything.

Still, I'm on the Internet at 2:45 AM because worst case scenarios tend to play out in your head at night. I'm a bit overdue for my mammogram, and my regular doctor suggested it might be a good idea to get that up to date, so I'm going to worry about that now... And I have to go into the office tomorrow and explain that I'll be missing some work soon. I'll have to come up with some way of making sure my staff (only two of them) stay focused while I'm off.

I just want to get it over with. And I don't want people fussing and treating me like I'm sick. I feel fine, just a little freaked out.

Don't know what I'm looking for here; just needed to vent. Was a time when I'd be praying like crazy at this point, but that never did do any good anyhow.

Sounds like you caught it early which is good. And since you're not looking at anything too invasive (hey, you're not getting any new holes after all :) ) then that's usually good news too. Seems your doc is on top of things and making the right moves.

As for the prayer, well, what's that? Thinking the things you normally would except believing someone else is listening in them too. Seems you're praying minus the mental wire-tap part. Doesn't everyone? ;)

mwc

Very sorry to hear this, Max. I hope things go very successfully.

At least you know this didn't happen because God hates you or anything. Good luck.

Thanks, guys. Looks like everything's going to work out OK.

I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed for you.

Guest Davka

It's God's punishment for rejecting Him.

(just thought I'd get that out of the way b4 a xtian said it)

Seriously - that would freak me out too. But it sounds operable, even a quick in-an-out operation if they can get it with the scope. Do us a favor tho, ok? No operation pictures. :twitch: