Goodbye Jesus

This Is Going To Sound Racists But......

Vixentrox

In Vietnam, we had 2 classes of black folks too. There were the black soldiers and the black power guys. If a black guy exhibited reluctance to go into the field, my unit left them in the rear to burn shit and pull green line duty. It was a bit unfair to whites who couldn't get out of combat for copping an attitude, but it meant that you could depend on the blacks left in the field to be good soldiers, for sure better soldiers then the white guys with an attitude.

In my experience, I think it's not so much black, white, or whatever but that horrible "gangsta" culture that rejects education and societal responsibility while embracing entitlement mentality, ignorance, anger, and violence. While this culture seems to be most popular with black youths, I've seen it represented in whites, latinos, and even asian people. I totally understand the OP's anger at these types of people moving in and turning everything into crap. There is an awesome melting pot, bohemian part of town I love that is quickly being overrun by the violent gangsta types. It's the same part of town that Obama's favorite pizza place, Pi, is. It's a shame, the ever increasing police presence seems unable to keep these gangstas from terrorizing the general public. Last October, my friends and I were eating at a restaraunt and when we came out there were cops making a perimeter around the restaraunt, apparently a gangsta walked up to a parked police officer in his car and shot him for no reason that night. It's definately getting scary down at the Loop.

Too bad the city of Chicago does not like the Second Amendment, I guarantee if those assholes had an idea that the majority of people they might want to jack had guns, they would be much more tentative. Also, it would be tempting to put up a "Wanted Dead or Alive" poster for the shits that did that or have a posse of private citizens hunt the animal down and publically hang him.

In my old neighborhood I had a problem with the "gangsta" ( or in the UK what they call "Chav") types, but the majority of them were not black. Most of the black people were immigrants and kept to themselves as the majority of them were Muslims and came here to the US due to the persecution they were having in their own countries.

However, there was a lot of problems with mentally ill and/or drug addicted people who screamed their heads off at the slightest sound, or wondered the neighborhood stark naked in the middle of the night screaming bible verses or threatening to kill people. With the "gangstas" I didn't have much of a problem with them, except for being pointed at and being called a "fucking retard" by my druggie redneck trailer trash gangsta neighbors who seemed to think there was something wrong with me for wanting to improve my life and get out of the situation I'm in. Most of all I was afraid of my mentally ill/drug addicted neighbors completely loosing their marbles and doing something to endanger the lives of everyone around as they threatened to kill if they were provoked.The police were always on the look out for the gangsters, but said to me that they can't do anything about anyone mentally ill or drug addicts unless they actually did something to hurt themselves or others.

On the other hand where I live now it's mostly lower middle ( people who have day care centers or other home businesses, or guys who work in the automotive industry) and middle middle class. Here in Fullerton there is a lot of Muslim and Orthodox immigrants too, and they seem to be more concerned about getting an education than anything else. Any guys who even look "gangsta" are usually stopped over by the cops and checked out regardless of race.Any crime that happen are usually petty theft, public drunkenness,panhandling, kids playing on electrical carts, or someone getting ran over by a car on the busy streets. I can also easily look at the city's police department website and check up which pedophiles and other suspicious people roam my neighborhood.