Goodbye Jesus

God Can Suck My %#@*

Vigile

I am beggining to shed my pacifism to a point. I think we should legalize all drugs and legalize duelling in designated areas. We would get rid of the stupid and violent people quicker that way.

Maybe tommorow I won't feel this way. heh.

I just saw an article in USA Today about a travelling bus or some shit, handing out free ice cream and trying to show people that God is "cool."  I say, get the Amazin' Athiest bus, or the Free From Fundamentalism bus and hand out even better shit, and educate people while feeding them.  Do a circuit of America.  With loudspeakers.  And semi-nude girls with Darwin fish pasties.

I think that rather than show people how atheism is cool we need an effort to show why it's just plain silly to believe in god in this day and age. Make them feel like idiots for even entertaining the idea of a magic sky man. Really, it's no less silly than a grown man who believes in Santa. It's just that as the Grinch pointed out, the loonies have been running the asylum and they've been telling everyone it's ok to believe in fairy tales. Throw it back in their face and laugh at them for it. There is no excuse for it in a modern, technologically advanced country.

The dopes in the icecream truck should be heckled not imitated. That is what will cause the fundies to crawl back in their holes of shame and will pull the fence sitters off the fence. American's are status conscience.

I think that rather than show people how atheism is cool we need an effort to show why it's just plain silly to believe in god in this day and age.  Make them feel like idiots for even entertaining the idea of a magic sky man.  Really, it's no less silly than a grown man who believes in Santa.  It's just that as the Grinch pointed out, the loonies have been running the asylum and they've been telling everyone it's ok to believe in fairy tales.  Throw it back in their face and laugh at them for it.  There is no excuse for it in a modern, technologically advanced country. 

The dopes in the icecream truck should be heckled not imitated.  That is what will cause the fundies to crawl back in their holes of shame and will pull the fence sitters off the fence.  American's are status conscience.

It is my natural instinct to do these very things. Amazing how I get fucked with by other heathens for doing what is sensible.

When you mention Santa (as I often do on CF), you get some interesting reactions.

So let's see... I tell my kid about Santa, the Easter Bunny, the Tooth Fair, Bogeymen, Ghosts, Goblins, Witches, Leprechauns, God and Jesus, and others I may have left out.

Then I tell him that we were only kidding about Santa, TEB, TTF, Bogeymen, Ghosts, Goblins, Witches and Leprechauns.

Who's really kidding whom?

When you mention Santa (as I often do on CF), you get some interesting reactions.

So let's see... I tell my kid about Santa, the Easter Bunny, the Tooth Fair, Bogeymen, Ghosts, Goblins, Witches, Leprechauns, God and Jesus, and others I may have left out.

Then I tell him that we were only kidding about Santa, TEB, TTF, Bogeymen, Ghosts, Goblins, Witches and Leprechauns.

Who's really kidding whom?

:lmao:

(It took me a while to become atheist even after my apostacy. I can still remember the desparation in not wanting to let go of god.)

When my daughter was about 6 or so, we had spent a few years already telling her "what's on TV is not real, except MAYBE the news and some sports"....

She was in the room nearby while I was watching a George Carlin HBO special and I was laughing hysterically. I then kept saying "wow, that's so true!".... and she asked "but I thought you said nothing but maybe news and sports is true" LOL

I think it was George's skit on Religion....

you're going to hell....

"but He LOVES you"

When my daughter was about 6 or so, we had spent a few years already telling her "what's on TV is not real, except MAYBE the news and some sports"....

She was in the room nearby while I was watching a George Carlin HBO special and I was laughing hysterically.  I then kept saying "wow, that's so true!".... and she asked "but I thought you said nothing but maybe news and sports is true"  LOL

I think it was George's skit on Religion....

you're going to hell....

"but He LOVES you"

The thing that really pisses me off is that monotheism is so centered around the end of the world and an afterlife that I can see why they care not about today or thier childrens future.

We should all drop stupid reasons to hate eachother and focus on the real enemy. Nature. Nature is a cruel mother, but we could beat her at some things if we all pulled together and focused on science and technology.

It is my natural instinct to do these very things. Amazing how I get fucked with by other heathens for doing what is sensible.

It's natural to not want to shake the balanced order of society. It is uncomfortable to be an outlier in the general will. Tolerance has its place, but I for one am tired of being tolerant of genuine stupidity and arrogance.

Yep yep. Disease, Tsunamis, Hurricanes, Quakes.... but it's more fun to point fingers and argue and ignore those other issues

It's natural to not want to shake the balanced order of society.  It is uncomfortable to be an outlier in the general will.  Tolerance has its place, but I for one am tired of being tolerant of genuine stupidity and arrogance.

Me too. I think treating them as ridiculous is fitting.

I don't really like pissing people off, especially certain heathens here who I really like, but its done. What you say here makes sense, because I felt the same way as you pointed out as natural. I went against that feeling of not wanting to shake the balanced order.

think it was George's skit on Religion....

you're going to hell....

"but He LOVES you"

This is a bit of a thread hijack, but I just saw Monty Python's "meaning of life" a few days ago and it was hilarious. The hymn asking the loving god "please don't burn us" had me in tears.

For your amusement:

Chaplain: Let us praise God.

[The congregation rises.]

Chaplain: O Lord…

Congregation: O Lord…

Chaplain: … ooh, You are so big…

Congregation: … ooh, You are so big…

Chaplain: … so absolutely huge.

Congregation: … so absolutely huge.

Chaplain: Gosh, we're all really impressed down here, I can tell You.

Congregation: Gosh, we're all really impressed down here, I can tell You.

Chaplain: Forgive us, O Lord, for this, our dreadful toadying, and…

Congregation: … and barefaced flattery.

Chaplain: But You're so strong and, well, just so… super.

Congregation: Fantastic!

Chaplain: Amen.

Congregation: Amen.

Chaplain, Congregation: [singing]

Oh, Lord, please don't burn us,

Don't grill or toast your flock.

Don't put us on the barbecue,

Or simmer us in stock.

Don't braise or bake or boil us,

Or stir-fry us in a wok.

I think that rather than show people how atheism is cool we need an effort to show why it's just plain silly to believe in god in this day and age.  Make them feel like idiots for even entertaining the idea of a magic sky man.  Really, it's no less silly than a grown man who believes in Santa.  It's just that as the Grinch pointed out, the loonies have been running the asylum and they've been telling everyone it's ok to believe in fairy tales.  Throw it back in their face and laugh at them for it.  There is no excuse for it in a modern, technologically advanced country. 

The dopes in the icecream truck should be heckled not imitated.  That is what will cause the fundies to crawl back in their holes of shame and will pull the fence sitters off the fence.  American's are status conscience.

So follow the fundie truck with the athiest truck. Closely. Free ice cream. Then have the athiests come out dressed in what's labelled as "Popular Fractured Fairytales;" maybe carrying diagrams of a whale's digestion tract and what it would do to a human body while following around a guy dressed in a whale suit. Hand out "anti-tracts" to the people taking tracts describing the problems with Christianity. Equate their tales to the pagan mysteries they ripped off. Have skits.

So follow the fundie truck with the athiest truck.  Closely.  Free ice cream.  Then have the athiests come out dressed in what's labelled as "Popular Fractured Fairytales;" maybe carrying diagrams of a whale's digestion tract and what it would do to a human body while following around a guy dressed in a whale suit.  Hand out "anti-tracts" to the people taking tracts describing the problems with Christianity.  Equate their tales to the pagan mysteries they ripped off.    Have skits.

That would be hilarious.

So follow the fundie truck with the athiest truck.   Closely.   Free ice cream.   Then have the athiests come out dressed in what's labelled as "Popular Fractured Fairytales;" maybe carrying diagrams of a whale's digestion tract and what it would do to a human body while following around a guy dressed in a whale suit.   Hand out "anti-tracts" to the people taking tracts describing the problems with Christianity.  Equate their tales to the pagan mysteries they ripped off.    Have skits.

Now that sounds fun!!!

Do a circuit of America...  And semi-nude girls with Darwin fish pasties.

I'd like to volunteer to work in wardrobe.

Hand out "anti-tracts" to the people taking tracts describing the problems with Christianity. 

I just remembered this old Jesus freak friend I used to have. He printed up tracts on some sort of strong fiber paper that was impossible to rip. It would be hilarious to do the same thing with the "anti-tracts." A video of the fundies turning red-faced as they tried to tear up the "devil tracts" would be well worth the cost.

Highly offensive, highly humorous.  Understand that these guys write with a tongue in cheek style and that they go to extremes to make an obvious point.  Don't take everything too seriously. 

http://www.exile.ru/2001-November-01/feature_story.html

Exerpt: Despite what you may think, God people are not just incredibly stupid. They're dangerous. They make possible every kind of human idiocy. Why? Not just because they tend to be zealots who try to force their point of view on other people (indeed, most religions consider non-believers lost or damned); not just because they do things like level the World Trade Center or strap dynamite to themselves and walk into abortion clinics to kill teenage girls they don't even know. No, the big problem with God people is that they make patent absurdities a central fact in the lives of entire populations, so that if anyone by chance wants to live a reasonable life, he has to do so in private, apologetically, like a man walking half bent-over through a crowded subway car because he has an erection in his pants.

I think I might give # 6 a shot. Maybe even walk down the aisle of some Baptist church during an alter call and receive Jesus! let me think about it.