Goodbye Jesus

Did U See This Crap?

Guest deuce27

I enjoyed it, but it frightened my wife. She thinks the nuts are multiplying at a dangerous rate.

I think that there needs to be evidence of the existence of a god or gods before I take anything like that seriously beyond the first few seconds.

Sorry, but life is too short to entertain every wild theory about the bible. Establish a basis of fact on which to build, then go from there.

I'm sure I'll be receiving a link to this in a panicky forwarded email soon. This has the hallmarks of something the fear-mongers will love!

That has to be a gag...it has to...please tell me it is. I know Xians are paranoid, but this goes beyond ridiculous...

So we should go by what words sound like and ignore what they mean? I wonder if he's willing to apply this interpretation to the whole bible? Or just the parts that support his crackpot conspiracy?

On a more awesome note, apparently Barack Obama's name is Hebrew for "Lightning from the Heights"

On a more awesome note, apparently Barack Obama's name is Hebrew for "Lightning from the Heights"

I think mine is Hebrew for "The rumble from below," but all I do is fart.

OMG! He's Zeus incarnated in human form!

All hail the mighty god of old!

Coming from a background of End-Times- Hal Lindsey- Batshit Crazy- Fundy Independent Baptist, I have to say this is really nothing new-- only the subject and the rationale has changed. Despite warnings in their own Bible on trying to determine who the antichrist is, they just keep at it.

I am quite used to twisted logic and crazy linguistic bullshit.

Tell me what you think Please? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mK_zh-X21f0

It's a gimmick. baraq does mean lightning, but is used in several contexts including:

ASV Matthew 24:27

27. For as the lightning cometh forth from the east, and is seen even unto the west; so shall be the coming of the Son of man.

This makes Barack Obama - "The Son of man"! And he is. His father was a man.

The heaven part of it doesn't fit so well. The video maker had to make Heaven into High Places in order to make his case, but High places in context is used to mean altars or hilltops, and lightning doesn't come from hilltops.

Done correctly, it would look something like: baraq shamayim

That doesn't have a real ring to it unless you translate it into ancient Swedish. Then it becomes:

Glen Beck

I've heard this before. They really are just grasping at straws. They pretty much label any one who is not Republican as the antichrist.

Tell me what you think Please? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mK_zh-X21f0

Hey, we can agree on something after all, that video is crap. It just goes to show you that you can make the Bible say anything you want if you take it out of context.

BTW, I am not planning to stick with this thread, so I am just jumping in to make this comment and then jumping out.

Wow, I think every democratic president and presidential nominee in my lifetime has been the anti-christ. Heck, I remember all the christians (my parents included) FREAKING out over Bill Clinton - he was the anti-christ, blah blah. Heck, even then I thought that seemed ridiculous - now it's just plain old amusing how they twist things around (he's say it like this, in Hebrew, with poetic influence from Isaiah....). Oh, well, gotta keep themselves busy somehow!

There's an old saying: "We've never actually heard Lucifer's side of the story".

I like to lay this on "end times" people. They usually run away screaming or something.

Try it sometime. It's fun. Besides, babies taste like chicken anyway.

Try it sometime. It's fun. Besides, babies taste like chicken anyway.

Actually, cannibals have been known to refer to their favorite repast as "long pig"...

From the moment I noticed the deep southern accent ( 5 seconds in... ) to the end...I loled.

Hahaha I bet my grandparents believe this. I know they think he's the anti-christ. this would be considered solid and complete proof to them. That makes me sad when I think about it...

• Super Moderator

You can find your own Antichrists HERE.

There is "positive proof" for each!

I thought it was:

Ronald = 6

Wilson = 6

Reagan = 6

I wish they'd make up their minds.

That was hilarious :lmao: At least there were some really good devil pictures in that vid to keep my attention

Guest Kate Long

yeah, i get it! if you stand on one foot, and hold your tongue juuuusstt right, are a leo and the moon is almost full, but not quite.. hold on, not done. if the sun hits the mirror you are holding in your right hand at noon exactly (GMT). then you should be able to see exactly who the antichrist is! Oh, you have to make sure of the brand of mirror you are using otherwise you wont get the correct answer. Every since I was a little kid I have been hearing about how this person or that person was the antichrist. if the prefix "anti" means against, then technically all of us on ex-christians are antichrists! eeeeeeekkkk! so scary. on the other paw, it does make for a good chuckle which is something we can all use!

LOL! Isn't it hilarious what lengths some will go to with this garbage? Context means nothing to people who look for secret codes like this. I'd bet this guy just looked through Strong's to find words similar to Barack Obama and then looked up passages with those words for the sole purpose of constructing such an argument.

Another humorous aspect is that "Lucifer" as a name for Satan isn't even biblical! The only place "Lucifer" appears in the Bible is Isaiah 14:12, and it's talking about "the king of Babylon" (see verse 4). Nowhere in that whole passage is "Satan" or "the devil" even mentioned.

It cracks me up how every decade they come up with the new antichrist. And as someone else said, I think every Democratic president since FDR has been accused of being the antichrist by some nutcase group or another.

I have to say, though, that was pretty creative - taking two different unrelated texts, written in different languages at different times, then going from the English words to the Hebrew words, admitting that the new testament was written in Greek, though Jesus would have most likely spoken Aramaic, and Isaiah was written in Hebrew - to come up with Baraq O Bawmaw.

Oh yeah, and in Luke 10, Jesus wasn't even talking about antichrist. That's the story of the 70 going out to preach, and the demons being subject to their words.

Wait, did he say Bama? OMG, the state of Alabama is Satan!