Goodbye Jesus

Man Vs. God

Guest Davka

Not sure this belongs in the "science" section, but it's a sweet article:

Wall St. Journal.

'We commissioned Karen Armstrong and Richard Dawkins to respond independently to the question "Where does evolution leave God?" Neither knew what the other would say. Here are the results.'

Man. v. God

Good article. Armstrong makes an interesting argument that places god more into the eastern concept of the transcendent source, etc. Of course, that can't be proven one way or the other, as it is only known by ones experience.

Of course, as Dawkins said, most western believers have not and will not accept this, and will therefore continue to ignorantly reject the science of evolution.

I did find Armstrong's explanation of the change in western religion in the 17th century with the acceptance of science interesting. I'll have to think about that one, but it makes sense. Judaism and christianity (and, I think some branches of islam) had traditions of mystics that had this more etherial concept of god and theological thought.

I did find Armstrong's explanation of the change in western religion in the 17th century with the acceptance of science interesting. I'll have to think about that one, but it makes sense. Judaism and christianity (and, I think some branches of islam) had traditions of mystics that had this more etherial concept of god and theological thought.

That part caught my attention too, something else for me to explore in all my free time (of which I have almost none LOL)!