I Have Been Told Hell Is Real And It Scares Me.

cutie

I'm a christian, thinking of leaving but scared of going to Hell.

My Sister has told me that she has seen Hell and that it is a very real place, this makes me ever more scared.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cutie

• Shyone

• dB-Paradox

• florduh

My Sister has told me that she has seen Hell and that it is a very real place, this makes me ever more scared.

I'm sorry to hear about your sister passing away.

It will take a lot of time, concerted effort and thinking, but you can reason this out. Reincarnation is bullshit. Mohammed's ascent into heaven on a horse is bullshit. There aren't golden streets, 72 virgins, many mansions or even running water in heaven, because it's a fairy tale. It's the carrot.

Carrots and sticks go together in religion. Be bad, and you get bad Karma. Be reincarnated as a worm. Or go to Hell which is... depends on who the theologian is.

There is nothing to fear - quite literally.

I've never been to Toronto...what else did your sister say about it, other than it being a very real place?

In all seriousness, no one can say there is such a place or not. Even among near death experiences, the stories vary greatly. And remember, invoking fear is a method of control. By the way, why are you thinking of leaving Christianity? Make sure you leave for the right reasons and not just because someone else is.

It will take a lot of time, concerted effort and thinking, but you can reason this out. Reincarnation is bullshit. Mohammed's ascent into heaven on a horse is bullshit. There aren't golden streets, 72 virgins, many mansions or even running water in heaven, because it's a fairy tale. It's the carrot.

Carrots and sticks go together in religion. Be bad, and you get bad Karma. Be reincarnated as a worm. Or go to Hell which is... depends on who the theologian is.

There is nothing to fear - quite literally.

My Sister is not dead.

Christians say that God curses nonbelievers and this is a good thing for him to do. There is no such thing as a "Good Curse." It does not compute to reason, which is why Christianity demands so-called "faith" which is simply a suspension of good sense. If the Christian idea of hell is true, than the one who administers the curse is no God, but is simply a sadistic jailer who is in reality more of a threat to his own favorites, than to those he disfavors. The idea of a hummingbird -- or flower -- did not come from the same mind as the idea of a "Good Curse." No doubt there are curses, but no "good" ones.

I've never been to Toronto...what else did your sister say about it, other than it being a very real place?

In all seriousness, no one can say there is such a place or not. Even among near death experiences, the stories vary greatly. And remember, invoking fear is a method of control. By the way, why are you thinking of leaving Christianity? Make sure you leave for the right reasons and not just because someone else is.

My Sister has told me that she has this infortunate problem of being taken to Hell by the devil, nooooo she is not mentally ill.

Christians say that God curses nonbelievers and this is a good thing for him to do. There is no such thing as a "Good Curse." It does not compute to reason, which is why Christianity demands so-called "faith" which is simply a suspension of good sense. If the Christian idea of hell is true, than the one who administers the curse is no God, but is simply a sadistic jailer who is in reality more of a threat to his own favorites, than to those he disfavors. The idea of a hummingbird -- or flower -- did not come from the same mind as the idea of a "Good Curse." No doubt there are curses, but no "good" ones.

But my Sister has told me a few times that she has visited Hell.

If she really believes that- then yeah... she IS mentally ill. I speak from experience here- I have MAJOR mental illness on both sides of my family. And my wife is a psychologist. When people SEE and HEAR things that clearly ain't real- then they're mentally ill. It's (often) that simple.

I think Shyone was being a bit sarcastic- implying that your sister couldn't possibly have first-hand knowledge of hell unless she was deceased.

BTW- how old are you, if you don't mind me asking?

My Sister has told me that she has this infortunate problem of being taken to Hell by the devil, nooooo she is not mentally ill.

By "infortunate", I assume you mean unfortunate? Being taken to hell by the devil, hey...yeah, that's a bummer. Now I know you're not serious! Or you are, but your sister has a great imagination! Don't believe here. Better yet, ask her if Satan wants some additional company and then see for yourself if hell is real or not.

Even if she had a very vivid experience and memory, she couldn't possibly know that she went to hell. Maybe she went to heaven but simply found it to be very unpleasant. She has every right to recount what it is she felt, but when she claims it was "HELL" she claims a kind of knowledge that neither she, nor even a GOD, could possibly ever know.

You sound very young and naive, and so does she. Sorry, but that's my immediate reaction.

By "infortunate", I assume you mean unfortunate? Being taken to hell by the devil, hey...yeah, that's a bummer. Now I know you're not serious! Or you are, but your sister has a great imagination! Don't believe here. Better yet, ask her if Satan wants some additional company and then see for yourself if hell is real or not.

Yes that's the one.

Well my Sister has told me that she has been there.

People can sincerely believe things that are not true.

LOL. You must be drunk like me. :lmao:

But my Sister has told me a few times that she has visited Hell.

Your sister may sincerely believe she has visited hell. However, is there anyway for you to verify her story?

Only what she has told me.

Again- how old are you?

This thread is getting dumb. Actually it started out dumb and just continues being dumb. You can believe that your sister is God and knows all things such as things about Hell, but if you do so, then you are just as deluded as she is. You're an admitted Christian, cutie, so I don't even know why you are posting in the "Ex-Christian Life" subforum. Either why, I'm leaving this thread.

Note from Moderator:

As long as the op seems to be honestly seeking help on an issue related to coming out of Christianity, I'll let it stand. I'm keeping an eye on it, ready to, "Break glass in case of troll."

Also, adding this note to current end of thread.

Note added 9/19, 9:46 am.

Loren

Yes that's the one.

Well my Sister has told me that she has been there.

I apologize if I misunderstood.

I would think that your sister is describing vivid visions. When they happen at night, I would call them nightmares, or night terrors.

I can recall the opposite. I awoke one day and reported to a friend of mine that I had seen heaven. I was about 6 years old. The description I gave was that it is "soft and fluffy-like."

Not very biblical, but I didn't know the bible didn't describe heaven as marshmallows or clouds.

But even with my experience, I don't consider myself an authority on heaven. It was only a place in my mind; a dream, a fantasm.

Personal experiences and things that happen inside our heads are just that; internal subjective experiences. Without some physical evidence, there is nothing but a story which, while vivid and compelling, does not mean that the experience was in any sense real.

Jesus Fucking Christ.

This thread is getting dumb. Actually it started out dumb and just continues being dumb. You can believe that your sister is God and knows all things such as things about Hell, but if you do so, then you are just as deluded as she is. You're an admitted Christian, cutie, so I don't even know why you are posting in the "Ex-Christian Life" subforum. Either why, I'm leaving this thread.

Good, I only want serious replies as I'm scared.

Why do you believe what your sister says?

Jesus Fucking Christ.

HEY MY GRANDMOTHER IS FUCKING DEAD, SHE HAS BEEN A DEAD A YEAR NEXT MONTH.

She is not a lier, our Mum never bought her up to lie.

She is not a lier, our Mum never bought her up to lie.

Jesus Fucking Christ.

:grin: Well at least she no longer has to live with such disappointment.

"Most of the truths we cling to are based on our own point of view." - Obi Wan Kenobi

Just because your sister is speaking the truth from her own point of view doesn't make what she is saying true.

Jesus Fucking Christ.

:grin: Well at least she no longer has to live with such disappointment.

GO AND SEE A DOCTOR.