Goodbye Jesus

Extreme Fundamentalist Atheism

AmIReallyThatBad

Whatever the case, the guy's a hack. While some of his points could be interesting, he illustrates them in a rather lame way. It's almost like he's trying to create some motif as to what an atheist should be.

That's what Christians do. I think they do it because it makes them feel justified in their own unjustifiable beliefs.

All the things of which they accuse atheists fit them better than they do the atheists I know so I apply reverse psychology and assume they must be speaking out of their own dark side. One's "dark side" is mostly unconscious. It is called "dark" because the individual knows very little about it--indeed, is barely aware of its existence. It's acted out when we're "not ourselves." That's an over-simplified definition.

Bottom line: Christians are not aware of how their belief systems play out so they pick weird behaviour that manifests from believing unjustifiable dogma and paste it on atheists. Rightly or wrongly, that is the best conclusion at which I have been able to arrive todate.

Goodbye Jesus

While he throws things in there that sound "anti-Christian", they are red herrings and if you read further he makes a mess of his own hateful speech (and makes atheism look like it is really confused).

I did read further on other subjects, and had to stop reading before my head exploded! So I decided to browse and look at the book titles used as his references. They didn't really match his articles, and it's weird that he didn't connect them with footnotes. That tells me something.... :Hmm:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest marabod

My opinion...he's a troll. He (or they) is a Xian pretending to be an atheist.

To me, Dawkins is a fundamentalist atheist. This guy or group is just way over the frickin' top.

Fully agree! It seems the brain of a believer works such way that they simply cannot understand that it is possible at all, not to believe in God - so they perceive Atheism as just another sect, heresy, which expresses negation of God as a protest against something, while deep inside the followers still believe in God. Mind you from their own point of view they do not really "believe" in God, but simply cannot live without taking God into account - for them God is always a third one in the family bed. The wretches just have no idea of Objectivist Philosophies, and still think their God is sitting on the clouds in a white robe and without underpants.

So we deal with the breed with completely different mentality, in some sense it is possible to say that they belong to another race (in occult sense), which operates chakrally on the heart level (emotions) while an Atheist operates on Brain level (rationality). I never heard of this comedy house - Atheistic church and bible, what a dumbo was the author of this idea! Would not it be the same as a Church and Bible of Haemorrhoid sufferers or Schizophrenics?

I never heard of this comedy house - Atheistic church and bible, what a dumbo was the author of this idea! Would not it be the same as a Church and Bible of Haemorrhoid sufferers or Schizophrenics?

Have you ever heard a Christian say, "Atheism is a religion!"? The usual retort is, "Calling Atheism a religion is like calling bald a hair color."

Theists have strong ideas about what atheism is, and to some extent they can appreciate what they see as the "good" parts of atheism, but they tend to distort it to make it look bad.

Here is a short list of things theists might believe about atheism:

1. Atheists hate/reject God and are rebelling against Him.

2. Atheists are immoral; they care only about themselves and are basically selfish. Love, sex and empathy do not exist for the atheist.

3. Atheists are always angry.

4. Atheists think all religion is bad and work for the total destruction of religion.

5. Atheists do not believe in "freedom of religion."

6. Atheism is a set of beliefs that are dogmatic and not subject to discussion or review (talk about projection!)

And so forth - many, many fallacies. If you take all of these fallacies and more, write a screed pretending to be an atheists, you will get the "atheist bible."

Guest marabod

I never heard of this comedy house - Atheistic church and bible, what a dumbo was the author of this idea! Would not it be the same as a Church and Bible of Haemorrhoid sufferers or Schizophrenics?

Have you ever heard a Christian say, "Atheism is a religion!"? The usual retort is, "Calling Atheism a religion is like calling bald a hair color."

Theists have strong ideas about what atheism is, and to some extent they can appreciate what they see as the "good" parts of atheism, but they tend to distort it to make it look bad.

Here is a short list of things theists might believe about atheism:

1. Atheists hate/reject God and are rebelling against Him.

2. Atheists are immoral; they care only about themselves and are basically selfish. Love, sex and empathy do not exist for the atheist.

3. Atheists are always angry.

4. Atheists think all religion is bad and work for the total destruction of religion.

5. Atheists do not believe in "freedom of religion."

6. Atheism is a set of beliefs that are dogmatic and not subject to discussion or review (talk about projection!)

And so forth - many, many fallacies. If you take all of these fallacies and more, write a screed pretending to be an atheists, you will get the "atheist bible."

I understand this all pretty well. This also explains why the proselytes hardly ever take our "no" for a "no" and continue annoying us until we directly send them to hell in a rude form. They think we believe in God, but are frustrated and angry with him... Of course, for someone who cannot even take a cup of coffee without saying grace it may be impossible to imagine that there could be such humans who do not believe in Santa. This, however tells me that Christianity is much more retarded than Islam, as, say, Islamic extremists do not waste time and effort on converting atheists to Islam, but simply cut our heads off if they got hold of us. This shows they are able to understand that some people do not believe in Allah at all.

I only wonder if our own fundies would learn from us or from them?

This, however tells me that Christianity is much more retarded than Islam, as, say, Islamic extremists do not waste time and effort on converting atheists to Islam, but simply cut our heads off if they got hold of us. This shows they are able to understand that some people do not believe in Allah at all.

I only wonder if our own fundies would learn from us or from them?

Actually, Islam is closer to OT biblical doctrine than Christianity.

The Ancient Hebrews didn't bother trying to convert the Canaanites. They slaughtered them.

[provided you accept that the tale of slaughter is "real".]

There are some teachings in Islam, however, that promote proselytizing and peaceful conversion. They do not find force to be useful for conversion. "There is no compulsion in religion."

Yeah, right. It's still believe or die at some point.

Guest marabod

At least the Muslims do not "have relationships" with Allah, but simply pray one-way, while in mundane life follow what their mullah says, interpreting this from their Scripture, written by a man. Even Muhammad never claimed to meet or see God, he was inspired by Archangel Gabriel. As for Allah, it has no name, shape, form, brain, size etc - just a remote creator.

Extreme Christians have their relationships with God - this invisible entity is worshiped in a human form of Jesus, which often has individual two-way communications with the believers. The pray signal is sent toward Jesus, and his answer is either fantasised or read in a book. Practically such person becomes an addict, as having an invisible patron and helper greatly reduces personal responsibility for the own actions and brings what they call "peace". They get used to live like that generation to generation of the same dysfunctional families, supported by invisible helpers - and cannot believe someone may be refusing from such "important" assistance in life. :lol: