Seek And Ye Shall Find

dB-Paradox

I just had a thought...Why should we have to find God? Wouldn't it be easier if he found us?

I just had a thought...Why should we have to find God? Wouldn't it be easier if he found us?

Not convinced that he needs to find us. According to his press releases, he knows where we all are already!

I always thought the problem was that his favourite game is "Hide and Seek" (as in the scripture, 'Seek and he will hide').

Combine this with the fact that Simon and Garfunkel had a hit with his dictionary (Sound of Silence) and you understand why nobody

ever hears from him or finds him.

Those that claim to are liars, fraudsters and cheats.

I am an amputee - lost part of my brain to cure epilepsy - there is no chance in copulatory hades that he will ever arrange for me to see fully again.

He's got the whole world in his hands, but he's so old, he doesn't realise how damned clumsy he is.

Good point, paradox.

Xianity is supposed to be a relationship, right? Jesus the bridegroom, the church the bride (yeah, let's skip the homosexual connotations for a minute :P ).

Xianity tells us husbands love our wives, take care of them, chase after them, etc. Yes, it does tell the wives to be little homemakers (but have you noticed the evangelical trend lately - Promise Keepers and crap books like Every Man's Battle - that every failure in the marriage is the husband's fault?)

Anyway, my point is that when you're interested in being with someone you chase after them. You try to get to know them. You find out what they like and what they want in life.

Xianity made us chase after Jesus, but shouldn't Jesus have been the one chasing US? Why did we have to do all the work? Why did we have to do all the chasing? When things didn't work out, why was it always our fault?

I really have determined that if "God" wants my attention, he/she/it is going to have to damn well earn it. This includes an apology and asking for MY forgiveness...after all...I'm worth it... ;)

I sought and found nothing. I held up my part but he let me down, so he can go fuck himself...in the ass with a pineapple.

I sought and found nothing. I held up my part but he let me down, so he can go fuck himself...in the ass with a pineapple.

Oh freakin' :ouch:

LOL, that's great, but DragnTougnebeg.gif