Goodbye Jesus

Symbols And Conspiracy Theories

AmIReallyThatBad

Remember man. It’s not paranoia if they’re actually out to get you. :HaHa:

Don't say that, you'll worry me that they actually are!

:HaHa: Sorry my man. I couldn't help myself.

Yeah, you're right. You can't rent a car until you are 25. And that's an interesting theory. I'm 24, if you didn't know.

That reminds me of a couple of lines from Your a Good Man Charley Brown. Linus attempts to comfort CB by telling him that one's character is not developed until one is 7, and CB exclaims "But I am 7! I'm more than 7!"

Don't worry, my Mom isn't anything like that. She's very down to Earth for a Christian lady. I think she'd understand just fine if I didn't want to talk about it and only talk to a professional. I didn't know if the professionals were legally obliged to keep everything secret or not. That's good to hear that they are.

Btw, I'm 24. I grew up in a Christian household and was Christian until the age of 15 or 16 when I got so pissed at God, I stopped believing in him. From then on through High School, I didn't think much about religion. I was really depressed in High School and had really bad acne and wasn't very good, socially. I was unbelievably shy, I'd blush if someone just started talking to me, especially a girl. Amazingly, I still had a decent number of good friends; I even made a few in High School. My senior year of High School my acne went away and I suddenly started getting attention from girls. Those poor girls, I had no idea how to react. I was such a clingy, senseless moron when it came to girls. I scared all of them away. When I got to College, I was out of my shell pretty well. I made a few friends my first year. I found that I started praying sometimes, but I didn't think much of it. Then, before I got back into Christianity, I got sucked DEEP (I mean DEEP) into New Age "The Secret" type stuff. I read so much of it my brain should have exploded. Some of it was even steeped in conspiracy and said that certain types of music or certain movies that I liked (rock music, horror movies, etc) were feeding evil spirits who are trying to take over humanity (Lynn Grabhorn's books; she even had legally assisted suicide to "transcend" to the new Planet on a new plane of existence. She made a lot of freaky claims in her books. She got incredibly ill, she said it was because of the evil spirits. Her dogs also got incredibly ill and she said it was the same reason why; I still can't explain why her dogs got sick in the same way. She also said that before 2012 the "good" people would shift into a higher dimension and the "bad" people would stay in the current world, which would soon destroy itself). Well, I was into this for quite a few years but right when I was ready to delve COMPLETELY into a New Age lifestyle, I started running into Christians everywhere in my life (or at least I thought, I really only ran into 2 or 3 in short time span). So I started questioning. I got on the internet and looked up some Christian stuff and it was the first time I was confronted with extreme fundamentalist Christians who wrote long articles about why this is evil and that is evil and such. It SCARED THE SHIT OUT OF ME. And, right around this time, one of my two best friends just converted back to Christianity (he was raised in it). When I was hanging out with him, he offered to take me to his Church (a Pentecostal Church). I went and felt like I had been called there by God. So, I went up to the stage when they called for people and gave my life back to God. The Pastor at that Church had co-wrote his own book about understanding the Prophecies in Revelation. It fascinated me because it all fit so perfectly. One guy fit perfectly with all of the "prophecies" about the Anti-Christ. The prophecies about the 4 Horsemen fit perfectly with Communism, Capitalism, Catholicism (the white horse; it even said something about something on it's head, like the Pope's hat) and Occultism. The 7 trumpets of Daniel were linked to various events in history and they fit. Chernobyl was one of them, he even said that 33% of the waters were contaminated (as Revelation said it would 1/3) and Saddam (who's name means "The Destroyer") was "The destroyer" mentioned in the 5th trumpet. The 6th trumpet is when 2/3 of the world's population is destroyed and the book said that this is what's coming next. I read the whole thing. It all fit so unbelievably eerily that I was convinced. I still have the book and I'm afraid to even look at it, it still seems so convincing to me (and I'm not Christian anymore, of course). But, that was only the beginning...

Haha. From there, it just got a lot worse. I'll finish the story eventually, for anyone who's curious. I hope you all don't mind me ranting.

Btw, if anyone wants this book that my friend's Pastor co-wrote, I will gladly send it in the mail. If someone here reads through it and says its bunk, that'd be great. Just getting it away from me would probably help tho.

...I still can't explain why her dogs got sick in the same way...

When you can't explain something that just means that you don't know how it happened. It does not mean that some spooky entity, or spell, or prophecy, or whatever did it. There is always a natural explanation of events whether you know what it is or not.

Read this book by cognitive scientist Bruce Hood: SuperSense: Why We Believe in the Unbelievable

Btw, if anyone wants this book that my friend's Pastor co-wrote, I will gladly send it in the mail. If someone here reads through it and says its bunk, that'd be great. Just getting it away from me would probably help tho.

It's bunk. Throw it in the trash and save the postage.

I wonder if DownToEarth is a doc or just mildly interested in psychology. Dont take that defensivly, i myself have a mild interest, that might have turned pro if my mommy didnt tell me in the early nineties that my shrink degree and 60 cents would get me a cup of coffee.

Amireallythatbad... my heart goes out to you. I used to study and check up on fulfilled prophecy every few years. Felt it was god telling me it was time to check up, see how close we where to the second comming. Then a short stent believing there might actaully be some magial living buddha men and i might get to be taught by one. And most recently the thrill of being "wakened" by verious new informations.... 2012, Illuminatti, wire tapping... hey i have one occasion , as a joke mind you but still flirting with delusions, picked up my telephone and wished merry christmas to the dial tone.

(perhaps i am lieing about how many times, this is all to come to some points about OCD)

My OCD is tied up with reasearch, and study. I have taught myself to recognise obsession and when i do i practice stopping it or switching it, either with house cleaning, meditation, a personal dance party, or to research the exact opposite oppinion.... to seek the debunk as you are trying to do.

I dont make a point to memorize things, or to proove them, because what i have seen is that there is NO END and no Absolute Certenty. Granted gravity is, and the sky may be blue for a certian reason but in things of the oooeeeee aaaah as DTE puts it, have no end and no cirtenty. It is a good thing to recognise that, and find for yourself a jumping off point.

Mine is to realise when i am ignoring life, and when i am living in the thrill of what ever so-called new knowledge. What ever i am learning is of no help to anyone unless i am living life. And also that i have no one to convince of any possible fact.

Bodhidharma once said ( or so it is attested to his mind) that in finding one's true mind one needs to let go of many things... of course ego , and beastial human qualities.... but also Praise Blame and Explain.

It always puzzled me why the need to give up explaination.

izm

(psst that is a rehtorical puzzleing i have no intention of ...explaining it)

Are the Masonic symbols no big deal?

Tell me why they are a big deal.

Just Masons putting their symbols in stuff?

Beyond coincidence and bald assertion you've failed to demonstrate this.

I'm a 99th degree Flurgsnard and I say they're our symbols. They have nothing to do with the Masons at all. How do you refute this? Are you privy to the symbols of the Masons and the Flurgsnard? Are you privy to the actual symbolism of either? Or can claims be made by groups about symbols that you cannot ever validate?

And is the '666' stuff just far fetched and a coincidence?

666? What about 616 and 665? They were also found on texts as the number of the beast.

mwc