Goodbye Jesus

Canadian Ex-Xians?

GraphicsGuy

I've always wanted to organize a get-together for online-community people and still consider doing so for my fellow Canadians on Ex-C.

Don't know if I will (since I'm lazy), but when I put my mind to something, I get-er-done.

Still, I'm wondering how many Canadians are on here and what the general locales are. There's probably an old thread about this, but how about a fresh one? Humour me... :P

I'm in Red Deer, Alberta.

I've always wanted to organize a get-together for online-community people and still consider doing so for my fellow Canadians on Ex-C.

Don't know if I will (since I'm lazy), but when I put my mind to something, I get-er-done.

Still, I'm wondering how many Canadians are on here and what the general locales are. There's probably an old thread about this, but how about a fresh one? Humour me... :P

I'm in Red Deer, Alberta.

Someone definitely did this last year or earlier this year. Can't recall who.

Nova Scotia.

Dammit...that's what I get for being offline for the last 6 months or so... :(

On-tear-eee-air-ee-air-eee-OH

On the rim of the Golden Horseshoe.

I hail from Moncton and lived in Halifax for a few years. Great city with great air. The air here sucks. I miss walking on the harbourfront at lunch.

Mongo

I was born in the Toronto area but I now live in Winnipeg, Manitoba. Or Winterpeg, as we so lovingly call it. ;) Yay prairies!

I thought it was Weiner-peg? :P

Saskatchewan...it actually gets warm here.

29°C here today... (84°F for you Amuricans... :P )

Hey, sounds good. West coast, just east of Vancouver.

Dees Americanos ur strang folks sometime......eh ?

ya der hey...(I'm from WI orginally)

I'm in Edmonton. :)

It gets warm here too! It didn't until halfway through August this year, but all last week we were near 30. All this week will be above 20. :P

And as for you, Mark, we Peggers have a whole vat of "fuck off, eh?!" stored up just for Albertans. ;)

I'm in Edmonton. :)

Do you like going to the West Ed Mall? I love it there. Was there three times this last summer.

On-tear-eee-air-ee-air-eee-OH

On the rim of the Golden Horseshoe.

I hail from Moncton and lived in Halifax for a few years. Great city with great air. The air here sucks. I miss walking on the harbourfront at lunch.

Mongo

Haha. I grew up in Moncton, now I live in Hali.

You're telling me you enjoyed it when you got the sewer breeze off the harbor lol?

I pretty much hate Moncton...and NB in general.

Don't forget me. I'm in the 'burbs of Vancouver. Haven't been around much lately, but will try to check in regularly now for a bit.

Just met another ex-C in real life yesterday, had an amazing conversation. Told her about this place, so she may check it out.

Heather

Don't forget me. I'm in the 'burbs of Vancouver. Haven't been around much lately, but will try to check in regularly now for a bit.

Just met another ex-C in real life yesterday, had an amazing conversation. Told her about this place, so she may check it out.

Heather

How did you meet, and how did the subject come up? I only know of one ex-Christian and he's someone I work with. Never randomly met another one.

You're telling me you enjoyed it when you got the sewer breeze off the harbor lol?

Well, not exactly but it wasn't bad on the warf.

I pretty much hate Moncton...and NB in general.

I'd love to live there now but I have a life here and not much is expected to change.

I really like the people and it is not a hastle to get around and do stuff.

You're not paying $15 to park at the fair or the local arena. Yes, there is no Canada's Wonderland but I didn't like that very much anyway.

Damn, I used to get off work, pick up a buddy and be at the beach in Shediac in 20 minutes. Kouchebouquec, 1 hour. Hell it takes an hour to drive from Downtown Toronto to Markham at rush hour... if you are lucky.

Halifax... I walked from Brunswick street down Barrington(?) to the hydrostone area in 20 minutes. Lived just around the corner from the market. Sweet! From the Liquer Dome it took 25 minutes.

Yea, that's a cool town too but Moncton has alot more than I feel people give it credit.

Alot of people from Moncton feel the need to expand their horizons. (Guilty!) But I didn't hate Moncton, I just wanted to see more than Moncton... and I have.

...I miss hills...mellow.gif

Mongo

Right here, in Toronto. Anyone want to meet up? lol

I'm in BC. Vancouver-ish. I move around a lot.

I was born in Melfort, Saskatchewan, and have since been in Ontario, various small towns on the prairies, Edmonton (for about twelve years - longest I've stayed in one place, and I don't get people that are content to live in the same town their whole lives at all), and just moved out here about a year ago, and I still have no real-life friends out here; just family (most of whom are cool enough) and friends of my parents (all old people that'd thump my head with a Bible and tell their grandkids I'm posessed if they find out I'm an atheist. Needless to say, I don't like those very much). Thus, even though I don't usually do this, I'd be willing to meet up some time if there was a group thing going on.

Hmmm...a fair number near Vancouver and Toronto I guess...

A Vancouver meet-up would work well for me at some point. Perhaps I'll consider trying to put something official together, but it won't be until 2010 after April I would guess.