Goodbye Jesus

My Testimony - It Is Finished!

dB-Paradox

If anyone's interested, I've posted my full testimony here. It's fairly long. And while I've left the Christian faith, I do not hate it per se, hence the warning at the beginning. I believe in equality for everyone, and so treat people accordingly. I believe ex-Christians should also be respected in the same way.

If anyone's interested, I've posted my full testimony here. It's fairly long. And while I've left the Christian faith, I do not hate it per se, hence the warning at the beginning. I believe in equality for everyone, and so treat people accordingly. I believe ex-Christians should also be respected in the same way.

"We must respect the other fellow's religion, but only in the sense and to the extent that we respect his

theory that his wife is beautiful and his children smart."

-- H. L. Mencken

I read your entire testimony. *two thumbs up*

What struck me was the thoughtful method you employed throughout your journey. Honest reflection, honest questioning, and an honest resolution from that which presents itself in a most dishonest way.

When we are children, we learn about God and Jesus and how nice they are; the pretty picture painted at Sunday school and so on is quite typical. But as we get older and find out that "God" has got some strange quirks, and perhaps isn't this perfect paradigm of wonderfulness, a certain reservation begins to creep into the equation. I remember when I was about thirteen and woke up one morning and realized for the first time in my life that my parents weren't perfect, and actually had some weird hangups, and that they didn't know exactly all the time what was "best for me".

Sort of a similar process. Childhood's end.

3.gif

Great testimony...I like how you've broken it down. At some point I'd like to do something similar, actually write out each part of my journey out since much of it actually started when I was first saved...I just didn't know it then (or for many years to follow).

You also kept it interesting - bonus points! And using specific references was great.

Thanks everyone. I worked quite a while on the testimony and went through hours of editing stuff in and out. I think I feel pretty good with the outcome. It lets people know that I was infact a Christian at one time (because usually when we tell people we are no longer Christians, we get those fundies telling us we probably never were Christians - am I right!) and it also lets people ride in my life for a little tour. I learned a lot just from being on here also, so thanks everyone for the support and help!

Thanks for sharing your testimony. Congratulations on seeing through the nonsense of christianity.

Coincidentally, I was also born in 1973, got married in 1995, have two daughters, and attended a Mennonite church for several years.

Wow! That was extremely well done and I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. Thank you so much for sharing it with us.