Goodbye Jesus

A Poetic Experience

bolianbob

Life wasn’t supposed to turn out this way (most likely a phrase we will all utter at various points in our lives). No, this life I now live is not the dream nor the experience I would have thought at all possible in my youth. No, you see, if I was living the life I always thought I would live, I would in fact not be living at all--I would be, dead. Not in the physical sense of the word, but in its spiritual implications. Ah, I am more alive now, then I have been at any point in my past, and it is my greatest hope and joy to continue living for as long as I possibly can.

The Christian beams, “You have found Christ?!”

“No,” I smile, “I have fallen from grace.”

I have discarded the distorted map, purified the blurred lens, and sharpened the unsheathed sword. Reality is now an exploration of thoughts, theories and truths that I once considered heretical to their very core. It is now a moment by moment quest. An insatiable thirst for knowledge; knowledge that is not found in the writings of a decrepit book, written by primitive men who feared the thunder in the night. Nor is it truth that can be found in the guise of a blood stained, sacrificial lamb; sent to save man, not from anything man has done, but to save man from His own burning house.

That ‘truth’ I once believed taught me many things: many despicable lies about our nature. Sexual expression? An scarlet sore that must be lanced. Musical taste? Only in glory to God. Culture? A longing to return to the days of the old world. Sickness? Allowed by God to draw you into His love. Wealth? Give all that you have and be not vexed about tomorrow! Justice? Turn thy cheek again, and again, and again. Joy? Love? Harmony? Empathy? Understanding? Kinship? Gentleness? Forgiveness? Simple Beauty? None can be found in natural man: Despicable. Malevolent. Dark. Evil. Sinful. Displeasing. Murderous. Repulsive. Miniscule. Hateful. Obscene. Beastly. A Vile creature.

That, is what old minds incessantly bear witness to us from the pulpit, the classroom, the television, the home, and even secular government.

What rational good can we gain from ingraining an innocent mind with this destructive ‘spirituality?’ The will to freely live becomes yoked by extraneous guilt. Life ceases to be the quest to explore what is, but rather becomes the burden to submit to imagined myths.

I ask: Where is the divine good in that?

Love, Natrually

Love, a sweet essence that is not intangible: quantifiable only by the means of the divine.

Rather,

Love's very scent permeates man‘s sense now.

Pulsating; Perfecting; Persisting.

Natural instinct and not artificial invention.

It does not transcend our being, but only exists as learn its scent.

Cheap?

A lone rose a top a stem of thorns;

A scarcity among men;

It is our most precious means to survive.

Is this not virtuous a cause to revel existence?

Is this not the branch that leads from within human vine?

And is this not enough, what withered minds have deemed futile,

Love has made natural?

That first part of your post really rings true!

Life ceases to be the quest to explore what is, but rather becomes the burden to submit to imagined myths.

Good stuff, Bob. That's one powerful line. Gonna memorize that one.

Guest I Love Dog

Life wasn’t supposed to turn out this way (most likely a phrase we will all utter at various points in our lives). No, this life I now live is not the dream nor the experience I would have thought at all possible in my youth. No, you see, if I was living the life I always thought I would live, I would in fact not be living at all--I would be, dead. Not in the physical sense of the word, but in its spiritual implications. Ah, I am more alive now, then I have been at any point in my past, and it is my greatest hope and joy to continue living for as long as I possibly can.

That, is what old minds incessantly bear witness to us from the pulpit, the classroom, the television, the home, and even secular government.

What rational good can we gain from ingraining an innocent mind with this destructive ‘spirituality?’ The will to freely live becomes yoked by extraneous guilt. Life ceases to be the quest to explore what is, but rather becomes the burden to submit to imagined myths.

Bob, the "old minds" have vested interest in spreading their fairy stories. They have created careers, some have made fortunes, the RC church is wealthy beyond belief( they even have their own country, for goodness sake) all out of people's belief in them and their god or gods. They won't give up their lifestyles willingly, or easily.

I am positive that many of the religious leaders amd cultists are fully aware of the truth. Not the "truth" that they teach their followers, but the real truth that there is absolutely no evidence for the existence of a god or gods. Many of those people are inteligent thinkers, they must surely know the real truth?

The WWW is a goldmine for the discovery of the lies and deceit behind go, gods and religions. One of my favorite sites is:

The truth about Jesus, gods and Religion