Goodbye Jesus

Banana Idiots Are At It Again And Zomgitscriss Gets Them

Mriana

I like this girl. She's good, so I'll let her rant for me, this time:

(Testing the media feature below. If it works, you don't have to go anywhere, if it doesn't... Oh well, you have the link too.)

I do love her recommendation for the 50 page intro too. Sounds like a great idea to me. :) Now why didn't I think of that?

I also love the way she calls him a ssssssnake. My thoughts exactly, but aren't all Fundamngelicals ssssssssnakes? She also does a great job of ranting, so what else can I add? Not much more.

ZOMGitsCriss is awesome. I've been subscribed to her channel for a while now.

I had posted a link to this video here, but it's good to see it surface again in another area of the board.

God, I'm in Love.

No, wait Chef you're an old fat guy married for 36 years. What the hell are you thinking?

Oops! Sorry about that. I've been paying attention more to the blogs lately than the forum. Sorry to repost it, but hey, we know what the media button does now. :D

No need to apologize. This one's good enough to be posted a second time. ;)

Great rant! Hadn't watched the video yet, well worth it lol!

Glad you feel that way. :) Seems some have missed and this gave them a second chance. :lol:

As it should be. These guys shouldn't get away with such idiocy.

Glad you feel that way. :) Seems some have missed and this gave them a second chance. :lol:

Yes, I am glad that you posted it as well. It is altogether too easy to miss things around here, between the forums and the blog, because there's just so much material. That was a great video :)

God, I'm in Love.

No, wait Chef you're an old fat guy married for 36 years. What the hell are you thinking?

You're thinking she's hot, her accent is sexy, she's brilliant and you're not dead so why not run your tongue over every inch of that gorgeous creature? :wub::69:

:P:D

Yes, there is a lot around here and I can't seem to keep up with it all. :lol: That is a good thing.

Wow, what a stunning presentation. Now I'll listen to it with the audio ON.

agnosticman77 just posted a new song on YouTube mocking Kirk & Ray in response to this "Origin of Species" crap:

Crocoduck

agnosticman77 just posted a new song on YouTube mocking Kirk & Ray in response to this "Origin of Species" crap:

Crocoduck

:lol: That was a perfect song and video for those two.

Crocoduck

\m/

"Every single piece of fossil ever found is a transitional form, from something to something else, you ignorant moron!"

I love it! Brilliant!

Don't knock Kirk and Ray--they're my favorite comedians. Oh, they're not supposed to be funny? Sorry, my bad. I really wish YouTube (as well as Facebook and Twitter) wasn't blocked here so i could watch this video.

BTW, Mriana, I love the picture you're putting on your posts now.

BTW, Mriana, I love the picture you're putting on your posts now.

If you mean Majel as Lwaxana Troi, thank you. :)

Here you can see the video with Comfort and Cameron's entire speech, in case anyone's interested. It's on Mano Singham's blog Machines Like Us. He calls that part of the blog "The Adventures of Banana Man and Crocoduck."

I never saw it before--just found it now--but thought it might fit this discussion.

If you read down a bit on that blog, Singham has this idea on how Comfort and Cameron's plan might backfire--that by putting Darwin's very well-written argument into the hands of all these fundamentalist Christians someone might actually read the book and see the logic of Darwin's theory.

I'm thinking he might be onto something. I can see myself being one of those people secretly reading the book and being taken by complete surprise to find it being clean and humble reason as opposed to corrupt and prideful swindling like I'd been told. I've had a number of those experiences in my life. In fact, that is exactly the experience I had when reading Origins.

I can also see some well-meaning pastor or parent (who hasn't read it yet but who trusts the authorities and powers that be) giving those under him or her permission to read the book just to see how bad it really is, thinking that this would prepare people for the real battle. And then getting this kind of response.