Goodbye Jesus

Left-handed or Right-handed?

Poonis

I made this post because I'm examining something. Although a small majority of people are Left-handed, I am looking to see if whether or not a higher percentage of Left-handed people may be found with ex-christians.

Completely unscientific, I know.

FYI, I am left-handed.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dogmatically_challenged

• Poonis

• fallenleaf

• white_raven23

lol, it's hard for me to say. I am either a born lefty or born ambidextrous who has been forced to use his right hand. I remember having to keep my left hand on a bit of tape on my desk to stop me from using it while writing. Yet now... I can't get myself to write with my left hand... of course my "writting" is not much better with the right one -- it's barely legible and has always been that way.

I can NOT eat right handed. This drives people batty as they know I am defined by society as a right handed person (because I write that way) and thus get frustrated when they end up knocking their elbow on mine all through a meal. I explain to them but I guess they think I lie. It is nearly impossible for me to use a utensil to bring food to my mouth with my right hand... I always end up wearing the food if I try.

I bat only right handed... and play most sports right handed. I bat and throw worse left handed... but I bat and throw poorly right handed as well. So who knows.

Left handed by birth most likely. This would be a very easy question if I had not been socially trained to not use my left hand.

In the iron tests of handedness... if you throw a ball to me... I will catch it with both hands or possibly my right hand if I'm especially coordinated that day. But when it comes to taking "personal" matters into hand... that's an issue for lefty.

Yep... hopelessly confused. I'm saying left though...

Depends on what my hands are doing.....

Right-handed here.

What are the percentages in the general population?

Lefty!

Very lefty!

But I'm right-eyed, which means for stuff like archery I have to shoot right-handed.

But since most of the world is right handed, it's not hard to find someone to teach me that kind of stuff.

There is precious little fine motor control in my right hand. If I wanted to hold a pencil right-handed, my left hand has to help out!

Both, with a strong bias towards right.

Teachers thought I was severly dyslexic as a new student until someone figured I was left eye dominant and equally at ease with the pencil in either hand.

Can turn wrench, shoot, and other important personal habits either hand....

kL

I'm basically right-handed, but since I broke my right arm at the age of ten, I got used to do some things with the left hand, so I am really... well... I don't know what I am. :blink:;)

Righty here.

I'm left-eyed and left-eared (can hardly converse w/the phone to my right ear), and I solder left-handed.

My family is mixed right and left handed, with one being entirely ambidextrous.

Heh....

Right

But when I was in elementary school, I decided to try to bat left handed. For a while, I batted better left handed. I probably still can.

A few months ago, out of pure laziness, I decided to navigate my mouse with my left hand. Out of laziness, because I had to sit up and reach to get my right hand to the mouse. After doing this for a while, I began to pick up some skill in my left hand.

Lefty here!

But when I was in elementary school, I decided to try to bat left handed. For a while, I batted better left handed. I probably still can.

I was the opposite. Because it was hard to find a left handed glove for imprompto games, I can now throw, pitch, and hit all like a righty. But that is the only thing I can do from a righty stand point.

I'm a lefty.

I am a lefty that can use the right hand as well. I was encouraged to use my right hand.

I am best at math and mechanics. So much for stereo types.

er...be'ens my relatives and family are oky's ( hillbillies) that might account for my interest in engines.

Interesting. It looks like so far the responses pretty much fit general society. Not enough responses to be sure yet, but it looks like there is no correlation between non belief and the hand we favor.

Right handed.

Taught myself to write left handed because I was bored in an office job LOL. The boredom payed off since the fine motor control learned from writing lh, helped in the next job.

I'm right-handed. Glory!

I think Jesus hates right-handed people though, as suggested by the following verse:

Matthew 5:30 And since thy right hand offendeth Me, cut it off in My Name, and cast it from thee and let the Talking Snake have it: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should Croak in the Spook, and not that thy whole body should be cast into the flaming torture chamber simply because your right hand did some shit that pissed Me off.

Why no mention of the left hand ever pissing Him off? Are left-handed folks the only True Christians?

I'm right-handed. Glory!

I think Jesus hates right-handed people though, as suggested by the following verse:

Matthew 5:30 And since thy right hand offendeth Me, cut it off in My Name, and cast it from thee and let the Talking Snake have it: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should Croak in the Spook, and not that thy whole body should be cast into the flaming torture chamber simply because your right hand did some shit that pissed Me off.

Why no mention of the left hand ever pissing Him off? Are left-handed folks the only True Christians?

HAHAHA!!! Damn! I could have made use of this passage. People can be so silly. No one even check's to see if thier superstition is even biblical. Xers.. I swear.

I am Ambidextrous in most things I do (except writing) so I clicked Ambidextrous

I'm Left handed... however in my Right mind... :grin:

Right. But I can type with either hand, so it really doesn't matter to me. :grin:

Right-handed here.

What are the percentages in the general population?

From various sources, I gather about only 10% of a population is left-handed. From Wikipedia I found:

'Approximately 10–13% of the population is left-handed'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Left-handed

So far it seems that of those who have voted, about 23% or so are left-handed.

From various sources, I gather about only 10% of a population is left-handed. From Wikipedia I found:

'Approximately 10–13% of the population is left-handed'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Left-handed

So far it seems that of those who have voted, about 23% or so are left-handed.

This is interesting, but maybe there are factors for lefties being more likely to be internet surfers. hehe I don't know. Heh.

Jesus made me left handed so I wouldn't have to cut my hand off. I guess right handed xers don't masterbate. Lefities are gods favorites! Glory! hehe!

This is interesting, but maybe there are factors for lefties being more likely to be internet surfers. hehe I don't know. Heh.

I think I would have been better to put the poll as:

LH & Christian

RH & Christian

LH & Non-C

RH & Non-C

Amb & Christian

Amb & Non-C

oh well, first mistake I've ever made :crazy:

I think I would have been better to put the poll as:

LH & Christian

RH & Christian

LH & Non-C

RH & Non-C

Amb & Christian

Amb & Non-C

oh well, first mistake I've ever made   :crazy:

Hehe! I'm just being a stinker. This is still interesting or else I would not have poked around in this thread!

Other Interests Being a pest, A pain in the neck, your shadow. I am the little brother you can't get rid of. hehe.