Goodbye Jesus

Christian Ex-Christians

flesh4fantasy

• Super Moderator

If you like to "worship" by fucking and getting high, perhaps the Church of Satan would be a good fit. They know Satan is a mythical figure and just worship hedonism and the baser instincts. They seem to enjoy it!

We get off on syncronistic sacrilege.

I think I meant "syncretistic" sacrilege. Where's the spell check on this thing? [LOL]

Your church sounds a lot like some versions of Unitarian Universalist.

I couldn't quite get into it, but for some it's a nice blend of whatever they find to be helpful, spiritual, and useful.

George Santayana, the atheist philosopher attended Catholic masses throughout his life; he enjoyed the ritual and mystery. If you still like worship services, who the hell is anyone to tell you it wrong?

flesh4fantasy:

I am intrigued by your contribution here. There is an obvious connection between spirituality and sex, yet in Christianity this is denied and suppressed. The doctrine of the Fall created this twisted idea that that all of creation has been corrupted, including the physical body. I believe that this is one of the most damaging ideas known to man.

I think your interpretation of the Eden story is very interesting. The story does say that Adam and Eve, were they to eat of the fruit of the tree of knowledge, would become as Gods. So are we not Gods?

Dear Penthouse Forums, I never dreamed this would really happen to me.........

George Santayana, the atheist philosopher attended Catholic masses throughout his life; he enjoyed the ritual and mystery. If you still like worship services, who the hell is anyone to tell you it wrong?

Michel Foucault, the infamous postmodern theorist (though he didn't like the label) who did quite a lot to advance queer theory, had fond memories of being an altar boy. He found the "camp" aspects to be quite enjoyable.

I think your church sounds pretty awesome. I am not sure about my ability to enjoy casual sex, but I enjoy being naked and have no fear in that regard. I never did rituals in a group but I think I would enjoy it as well. Orgasms are the original spiritual experience, so your church is really a part of the oldest religious rituals and I think that is pretty awesome. I love ritualistic sex (though like I said I have never participated in an orgy or what have you).

Anyway you sound like a fascinating person, great addition to the boards :D.