Goodbye Jesus

Worldview Not Complete

Cudds

Hi All, I have a christian friend who takes every opportunity to tell me that my worldview is incomplete. I am having trouble expressing why a worldview needn't have all the answers, an afterlife, ultimate justice, etc (not that christianity is just anyway)... He just keeps repeating it every time we communicate. Does anybody have some thoughts that might be of use to me?

Hi All, I have a christian friend who takes every opportunity to tell me that my worldview is incomplete. I am having trouble expressing why a worldview needn't have all the answers, an afterlife, ultimate justice, etc (not that christianity is just anyway)... He just keeps repeating it every time we communicate. Does anybody have some thoughts that might be of use to me?

Ask him some science questions, you know, shit that deals with the real world.

Pffft! A Xian is telling you that your worldview is incomplete???

That's hilarious. A Xian's worldview is barely wide enough for a cat to slink through. Everything is viewed from the ideal that their religion is the only right way. Everything that's wrong with the world is because of sin and man's selfish desire to not follow Jesus. Mankind is evil. Only God is good.

Yeah...that's a "complete" worldview for sure... *gag*

Cudds, you could always agree with him, and then throw in that neither is his worldview complete because none of us can possibly know everything. If he does not agree that he lacks some knowledge about something in this world, then he's probably not worth holding onto as "friend." That's my two cents.

Cudds, you could always agree with him, and then throw in that neither is his worldview complete because none of us can possibly know everything. If he does not agree that he lacks some knowledge about something in this world, then he's probably not worth holding onto as "friend." That's my two cents.

Good piont. I think I'll give that a try.

Sorry for the double post everyone.

Good piont. I think I'll give that a try.

Sorry for the double post everyone.

Ah, but it's a doubly important problem. I wish I had the wisest answer, but I can't match what has been posted.