Goodbye Jesus

I Don't Believe This, Why Can't They Just Go Away?

Mriana

OK so I'm on Twitter now, due to various people wanting me there too. Why I don't know, I haven't tweeted much since I joined, but I'm there and following many liberal and humanist people and groups.

I got a notice that "The Best Church of God" is following me. Unbelievable! I checked out their site and while I don't think they are THE Church of God, much less Church of God Anderson, they do believe that the Bible is the inspired inerrant word of God, as stated on their website. :rolleyes: I had to remind myself to breathe as I was wishing there was a button to say, "Oh no you don't!" thus preventing them from following me. Unfortunately I have to concede that as long as they don't harass me I need not panic about them, but if they do, Twit is going to hear from about not having any "approve" or "disapprove" potential followers like they do on Facebook and MySpace. I think there maybe a button to keep people from bothering you on Twit, but I haven't tested it yet.

Guess I have to wait and see what my options are if they become obnoxious or what have you. I'm new to Twit, so if anyone has knowledge of how such things work in case of harassment, please let me know, because I don't want these morons to get past go if they start any crap. I want to be able to smack them right off my follower list the first moment they start, like slamming the door in JW's faces sort of thing.

Sorry, I'm no help, never had any interest in Twitter since I can barely keep up with Facebook sometimes. But I find it interesting that there are no privacy settings - guess maybe that's part of it - just putting yourself out there to the world!

Yes, I am not fond of Twit because of that. For me at least, it isn't user friendly, not the way I would like at least.

If you go to 'The Best Church of God's' profile you can block them by selecting 'block The Best Church of God' on the right side of the screen, about half way down. If you do this you will no longer show up in the list of people followed by 'The Best Church of God', your tweets won’t show up on 'The Best Church of God's timeline and 'The Best Church of God' will not be able to follow you. Hope that helps.

Well it's better than waiting for them to try some BS and worry about what to do then. I'll try that in the morning- it's after 2 am here and I'm getting a little too sleepy to be trying something new. Thanks for your help. :)

I would be tempted to just inundate my twitter feed with as much blasphemous stuff as I can, albeit that is probably what they want you to do.

I would be tempted to just inundate my twitter feed with as much blasphemous stuff as I can, albeit that is probably what they want you to do.

I guess I could Twit the lastest Ricard Dawkins' video. :lol: Maybe even rebuttals to Creationism too.

You can also remove yourself from the public feed if you click the "Protect my Tweets" box at the bottom of your account settings page. With that button clicked, only people you approve will see your tweets.

Those who are following me already will be able to see them right? Will people who I want to find me be able to find me still?

• Super Moderator

Shouldn't new member, FormerThings, be wearing the True Believer icon?

It appears as though he is promoting his own website where he is espousing his own (quasi)-xtian/jewish/something-or-other beliefs. (hellandjustice.com)

http://followingthea...a-bshem-adonai/

He's made 3 smart-ass inflammatory posts in the last few minutes.

Just wondering...thanks.

EDIT: Thanks, mod(s)!

Yeah, approved followers should still be able to see your tweets. People who want to find you should be able to look up your handle and become approved followers.

Something like that, anyway. I bet their FAQ's have answers too.

ROFL laughing.

You can run but you can't hide. Everyone has to die someday sinners.

I may get yelled out for saying this, but I've been wanting to say this for YEARS to obnoxious believers... Shut up! No one wants to hear what you have to say.

He's made 3 smart-ass inflammatory posts in the last few minutes.

Oh well... if this isn't his first "smart-ass" remark, then maybe I won't get in trouble, but I have really been wanting to say that for a long time and it just felt right to say that to him. :lol:

Gwenmead, thanks. I'll read the FAQ over again the very first chance I get. Right now, I should be heading for bed, but I dozed off earlier and don't actually feel all that tired right now.

ROFL laughing.

I'm not a sinner.

I believe that you don't believe, or else you'd be dead already. If heaven is bliss what are you waiting for? Put your .44 where your mouth is, which location might just be up your ass.

ROFL laughing.

Thanks for pointing out that everyone has to die, Captain Obvious; though I don't see the relevance in this thread. It's equally true that everyone's consciousness ceases to exist upon their death, and that any notion of an afterlife is merely wishful thinking of the willfully ignorant.

ROFL laughing.

Calling us sinners is a lot like calling people Trolls or Gnolls because you really REALLY believe Dungeons & Dragons is Da Trooth.

You have your book, I have mine.

Drooling Ass Muggle.

I really don't mind being called a sinner by a Christian, because it's well known that all the cool people are sinners according to them. B)

I believe that you don't believe, or else you'd be dead already. If heaven is bliss what are you waiting for? Put your .44 where your mouth is, which location might just be up your ass.

That wasn't quite nice of you, because he might just do it. :(

I really don't mind being called a sinner by a Christian, because it's well known that all the cool people are sinners according to them. B)

I prefer the term heretic. :D

ROFL laughing.

"Rolling on floor laughing laughing.."?

Twitter is nothing special. It's just the fluffy pop-culture politically correct version nonsense clone of 4chan.

Just call them a sinner back. lol

I can't; they're not cool enough. ;)

I can't; they're not cool enough. ;)

According to what I've read here, I dunno.

According to what I've read here, I dunno.

Ah. So you feel we're uncool. And you hang out here. What does it say about you? :shrug: