Goodbye Jesus

Anybody Here From Wheaton College? (Or Other Christian College?)

Major Tom

:twitch: I think you all need to go get laid.

Mod's correct me if I'm wrong, but Yo is with in this forum's guidelines. Derailed threads are the norm here and often the derailments are as or more interesting than what the OP was about. This thread should have been in Ex-Christian life if it wanted to stay on track.

Speaking of tracks, this thread appeared to be dead in 'em until Yo, asked his controversial if ignorant question.

However, the idea of a Creator's damnation of all humanity except for a few "elect" mortified me, therefore instead of becoming a missionary, I joined the armed forces, stayed in 25 years service until retirement as a USN Commander.

Just curious, as I don't attain that notion. What parts of the Bible do you base that on? Again, not trying to start a debate or anything, just curious.

This is the kind of Bible bilge that Fundies put out as you well know, "Yoyo".

http://www.biblegate...3A7&version=ESV

http://www.bible.ca/...m-essential.htm

Now get off my thread ya retard!PageofCupsNono.gif

Can you see the difference here Tom. Nice, quiet, subtle question, from a genuinely curious Christian member here. AND, a rude, obnoxious, cowardly, response to that question. I wasn't going to preach at you Tom, ....but, now I am.

That is what you consider predestination? Do you know that I have spoken to hundreds of Bible college attendees, graduates, and they don't even know simple things of the Bible? Of recent, I spoke to a new Bible student who didn't know what the Nicene Creed was. I ask questions, that is who I am. I don't condemn anyone here because they don't believe in my precious Jesus, and I never will. Yet, you judge me, and haven't even spoken or entered into conversation with me at any point that I can remember.

You are no better than the Christians you left MT. You judge, and accuse, and name call instead of getting to know someone and genuinely try to understand their view of things, stance, inner being, character, and quality.

Why would you consider Paul's words so authoritative that it sums up you predestination? What about the Bible 'flawed' manner? I thought the Bible was forged? I thought Jesus was just made Superman because of Rome?

Are you saying that you STILL believe that the Bible's words are the authoritative WORD of God? But you don't believe in it any more? But it's because of predestination, right?

Well, that doesn't make much sense, because there are many other areas that are far more convincing to sway a believer not to believe anymore? HMMM. Maybe it is because instead of letting yourself be apart of decent conversations with anyone, open your pea sized mind to other notions, logic, understandings, ways, paths, in any religion, society, civilization, or culture; you just say, "Get off my thread you retard"

You were in the army, well, I am glad you are not anymore. Gun+ MT= unknown. :Wendywhatever:

Mod's correct me if I'm wrong, but Yo is with in this forum's guidelines. Derailed threads are the norm here and often the derailments are as or more interesting than what the OP was about. This thread should have been in Ex-Christian life if it wanted to stay on track.

Speaking of tracks, this thread appeared to be dead in 'em until Yo, asked his controversial if ignorant question.

Yeah, you, Deva, and MT should have a senior citizen section, Titled " We hate Christians!", or "We hate Abiyoyo when he actually responds to peopele!" :Old::wave:

No, it was a cold shoulder to break out a concordance. Come on, a concordance? Pleazeeee :Doh:

I find it difficult to believe that you, the great student, are ignorant of this. Read Romans 9 for a starter then read Calvin's Institutes of the Christian Religion.

Edit: Here is a teaser for you from the Institutes:

When the will of a natural man is said to be subject to the power of the devil, so as to be directed by it, the meaning is, not that it resists and is compelled to a reluctant submission, as masters compel slaves to an unwilling performance of their commands; but that, being fascinated by the fallacies of Satan, it necessarily submits itself to all his directions. For those whom the Lord does not favor with the government of His Spirit, He abandons in righteous judgment to the influence of Satan. . . .

When we attribute foreknowledge to God, we mean that all things have ever been, and perpetually remain, before His eyes, so that to His knowledge nothing is future or past, but all things are present: and present in such a manner that He does not merely conceive of them from ideas formed in His mind, as things remembered by us appear present to our minds, but really beholds and sees them as if actually placed before Him. And this foreknowledge extends to the whole world and to all the creatures.
Predestination we call the eternal decree of God, by which He hath determined in Himself what He would have to become of every individual of mankind.
For they are not all created with a similar destiny; but eternal life is foreordained for some, and eternal damnation for others.

Chef, that is proof that instead of trying to understand someone, you just see them at face value. I am very familiar with predestination, but I always am open to what other people have been taught. He went to Wheaton College, and I was just curious as to what he was taught, and how or if that has changed in the last 37 years!

I didn't know that MT would call me a retard and tell me to get off his tread. :Hmm: But, with the way this went, I assume now that this was already known by the others that have responded to me on this thread.

Chef, you really can be a putz sometimes, really. :Doh:

Yes. We allow derailing and preaching in Lion's Den.

If the poster want to keep the topic on track, he has to start it Colosseum, or any other section.

Yeah, you, Deva, and MT should have a senior citizen section, Titled " We hate Christians!", or "We hate Abiyoyo when he actually responds to peopele!" :Old::wave:

:lmao: The Evil Geriatric Conspiracy Against Yoyo!

Chef, you really can be a putz sometimes, really. :Doh:

Hey, I do my best to please all.

But did you really think the OP got predestination from some other source? If you act like you are ignorant I'll pretend you are, if only to go along with your joke.

I didn't go to a christian college, but I did grow up just 3 miles from Taylor University in Indiana. I used to ride my bike all over the campus there a lot, I went to a few christian rock concerts there, and I attended some Campus Crusade For Christ meetings that were held at the college.

I knew a few of the students there, some of which were youth leaders at one of the youth groups I went to. I was pretty close to one of the guys and used to attend bible studies with him in his dorm (he later was a groomsman in my wedding).

I also played drums in a praise band that played for a youth convention there at Taylor, one night of which was right before a WhiteHeart concert while their gear was on stage behind us. We didn't technically open for them, since the audience was removed after we played and then the doors were reopened for those with concert tickets, but to us it was *almost* like opening for a well-known christian band (a lot of the kids at the convention also attended the concert).

Then there's Indiana Wesleyan University only about 10-15 miles away, and I was there for a few things as well, including christian concerts, and the church I went to for a while had quite a few IWU students in regular attendance, a few of which I went out on dates with.

Also, my first full-time job was with an electrical contractor in the area, and I did some work at both campuses.

So, though I wasn't a student, I had some close connections with Taylor and Indiana Wesleyan.