Goodbye Jesus

Ardipithecus Ramidus

Guest GoneAway

Guest ephymeris

Forgive me if this has already been posted but I found this to be fascinating! A 4.4 million year old skeleton of what may have been the common ancestor that humans and apes/chimpanzees split from to become seperate species!

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2009/10/091001-oldest-human-skeleton-ardi-missing-link-chimps-ardipithecus-ramidus.html

Forgive me if this has already been posted but I found this to be fascinating! A 4.4 million year old skeleton of what may have been the common ancestor that humans and apes/chimpanzees split from to become seperate species!

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2009/10/091001-oldest-human-skeleton-ardi-missing-link-chimps-ardipithecus-ramidus.html

Yep, fascinating, already posted, and the Christians are counting more gaps in the fossil record.

Guest ephymeris

Yep, fascinating, already posted, and the Christians are counting more gaps in the fossil record.

Doh! I'm always so late to the party :loser: Sorry to re-post. I was just excited about science XD

Doh! I'm always so late to the party :loser: Sorry to re-post. I was just excited about science XD

It is exciting. This is one of the most important discoveries ever. It bears repeating.

It's a fascinating discovery. There needs to be more time allowed, however, to allow more scientists to review and analyze the evidence. I'm glad you reminded me of it.

There is a documentary airing pretty soon about the discovery (this Sunday I think, but I could be wrong), so it shall be really interesting.

This Sunday at 9pm (eastern of course) on the Discovery Channel.

There needs to be more time allowed, however, to allow more scientists to review and analyze the evidence

I agree. It sounds like her feet may have been better for tree climbing than the feet of a chimpanzee, but she walked upright like humans. I'm not an expert on the matter, but this gives me the impression that her species may be an offshoot like the neanderthals.

This just brought tears to my eyes. But then, even reading about DNA is enough to bring tears to my eyes (and the totality of the universe does it for me too) but curiously, I didn't cry at Bambi's mum being shot(though Fry's dog in Futurama actually made me CRY!) I guess my own emotions aren't so consistent.

(though Fry's dog in Futurama actually made me CRY!)

That episode ending is very sad and made me want to cry for the dog's devotion to his owner. Thinking about it now makes me tear up but not necessarily for the sadness but for the beauty of two species getting along as companions.

There needs to be more time allowed, however, to allow more scientists to review and analyze the evidence

I agree. It sounds like her feet may have been better for tree climbing than the feet of a chimpanzee, but she walked upright like humans. I'm not an expert on the matter, but this gives me the impression that her species may be an offshoot like the neanderthals.

Generally speaking, none of the "missing links" (god what a horrible term) are considered to be the actual ancestors, but at least representative of what the ancestor would be like. Sometimes there is something that excludes the find of being a direct ancestor, and sometimes there isn't.